IGNORED

Your Workout Today

iacas

Did you get the GNC deal?

Nah, unfortunately I ordered them before I knew about it. Just came in today.

Ryan M
Β 
The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)
Β 
IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Nice dude, keep at it.

Sadly, didn't get my workout in today but planning on getting in my push day tomorrow. [quote name="mvmac" url="/t/54241/your-workout-today/1500_100#post_1095762"]Yeah, soooooo good. Would also recommend cookies and cream and white chocolate raspberry.[/quote] I got cookies and cream, chocolate chip cookie dough, and cinnamon bun. I'll be intrigued to see how good it is. [quote name="mvmac" url="/t/54241/your-workout-today/1500_100#post_1095762"]Also put this smoothie together, it was solid. Chocolate protein powder 70 grams frozen banana 10 grams Hershey's unsweetened chocolate powder 12 grams PB2 3 ice cubes 1 cup chocolate milk 2% Then waterΒ  416 calories 50 carbs 9 fat 44 protein 11 fiber[/quote] This looks great for putting on weight to increase muscle mass but would all those carbs be good for weight loss? [quote name="mvmac" url="/t/54241/your-workout-today/1500_100#post_1095762"]Today's workout Bench Warmed up with a 5 reps of 115 185 10x1 2 sets of lunges 15 push ups 15 pull ups Then KB class [/quote] How long have you been working out at this level of intensity, Mike?

Christian

:tmade::titleist:Β  :leupold:Β  :aimpoint:Β :gamegolf:

This looks great for putting on weight to increase muscle mass but would all those carbs be good for weight loss?

Depends if it fits your macros ;-)

Remember, big picture, it's all about calories in vs calories out.

How long have you been working out at this level of intensity, Mike?

I've been going pretty hard this week. Part of it is getting back into it after being sick last week and I also won't be working out much next week. I'll be in Orlando at the PGA Show. I'll still be active, will be walking and on my feet all week.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends onΒ Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap onΒ Twitter!Β  andΒ onΒ Facebook!Β 
Golf TerminologyΒ -Β Β AnalyzrΒ Β -Β Β My Facebook,Β TwitterΒ andΒ InstagramΒ 

Remember, big picture, it's all about calories in vs calories out.

I used to think it was all about the calories in vs calories out also. But not after reading the book

The Calorie Myth.

Basically our body does not react to all calories in the same way. There are hormonal reactions.

500 cal of spinach does not affect us the same as 500 calories of Doritos.

It is not about the quantity of food we eat but the quality.

Doug

If anyone is interested in Bio Trust protein powder, got this email today.

Here's the link

http://www.biotrust.com/Shop.asp?p=lowcarb&sid;=vip-lcsale

Thanks Mike.

Scott

Titleist, Edel,Β Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

I used to think it was all about the calories in vs calories out also. But not after reading the book

The Calorie Myth.

Basically our body does not react to all calories in the same way. There are hormonal reactions.

It's not about one or the other, you really need both. Β If you need 2000 calories a day, then eating 2000 calories of doritos would surely be pretty stupid. Β But eating 5000 calories of spinach (over 700 cups of spinach...) wouldn't be the smartest thing either. Β You really need to get nutrient dense foods that match your target macro balance and caloric intake level.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mvmac

If anyone is interested in Bio Trust protein powder, got this email today.

Here's the link

http://www.biotrust.com/Shop.asp?p=lowcarb&sid;=vip-lcsale

Thanks Mike.

@mvmac do you use this product as a supplement or a meal replacement?

Scott

Titleist, Edel,Β Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

The Calorie Myth.

I gotta disagree with that one. At the end of the day the amount of calories is much more important than the foods you eat.

I agree that it helps to mostly eat wholesome foods like fruits, vegetables and meats when on a diet or just for general health. However, you can't eat as much β€œclean” foods as you want and not expect to gain weight. Yes, it is easier to create a caloric deficit and feel full by eating "good" foods compared to eating Doritos all day but if someone only ate Doritos at a caloric level that is less than the amount of calories they expend per day, they will lose fat whereas a person who eats an unlimited amount of β€œgood” foods will still gain weight if they consume more calories than they expend.

Obviously eating only Doritos is not a good strategy for losing fat, but it can be done. This guy did it with a diet that was 2/3 junk food, eating Twinkies, Doritos, Oreos and sugary cereal.

Some articles

Busting the Insulin theory http://www.theflexiblediet.com/2014/02/on-theinternet-i-see-lot-of-arguments.html

http://carbsanity.blogspot.com.es/2013/07/calories.html

@mvmacΒ do you use this product as a supplement or a meal replacement?

More of a snack.

Mike McLoughlin

I gotta disagree with that one. At the end of the day the amount of calories is much more important than the foods you eat.

Yep. You can get fat as hell eating green beans all day, and get shredded on cheeseburgers and pizza.

I eat whatever I want lately...but when my calorie limit is reached...I'm done. Six-pack is coming in nicely as I'm down to 156-157

Ryan M
Β 
Β 

I guess we will have to agree to disagree. There is the hormonal and set point component to our weight and body compisition.

Leptin, cortisol, genetics, and somatotype to name a few. But this is not the thread to play my expert against yours. Maybe I will

start another thread tomorrow and we can have some fun.

But this thread is about our workouts. Β I am doing Bret Contreras' 30 Day Squat Challenge.

Doug

Pro: Triceps and pectoral muscles sore. Feels good. Con: Cheat day a little crazy filled with pancakes, cookies, pizza, wings, non-diet soda, and light beer. 4000 calorie day so far.

Christian

Pro: Triceps and pectoral muscles sore. Feels good.

Con: Cheat day a little crazy filled with pancakes, cookies, pizza, wings, non-diet soda, and light beer. 4000 calorie day so far.

Don't feel bad about the cons. Ever hear of the 80/20 rule as applied to healthy eating. Today was my 20% day also. Too many carbs and a few

Norcal margaritas.

Doug

Recovering from a torn MCL, so I'm away from weights for a little while. Β Started the day with yoga, ended with some ab wheel rollouts, L sits, and planks. Β My abs haven't been this exhausted in quite a while :-O

Pro: Triceps and pectoral muscles sore. Feels good.

Con: Cheat day a little crazy filled with pancakes, cookies, pizza, wings, non-diet soda, and light beer. 4000 calorie day so far.

Just remember...that one cheat day just ruined probably 3 days of work.

Cheat days or meals are fine...but gorging just kills progress. How often are you eating 4000+ calories?

Ryan M
Β 
Β 

x5

30 sledges each arm, each set 5 less reps

10 Presses 95lbs

Bench press

Tire flips

Tabata bar squats for 4 minutes

Mike McLoughlin

Cheat days or meals are fine...but gorging just kills progress. How often are you eating 4000+ calories?

I agree. Β My cheat days are having more carbs (pizza or hamburger with buns).

Other than that, I try to maintain same caloric intake even on cheat days.

today's work out: Β snowboarding from 8:30 to 4 PM

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex:Β EZone BladesΒ (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron: Β 2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Don't feel bad about the cons. Ever hear of the 80/20 rule as applied to healthy eating. Today was my 20% day also. Too many carbs and a few

Norcal margaritas.

Don't feel bad about cheat day, just wish I could have planned better to not have a calorie day over 4,000.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slice of Life

First time since I started watching my calorie intake.

My gf had a girls party at the house Saturday night and there was a ton of leftover food and it started off ok when she said she'd make pancakes for breakfast which got me 1,000 calories. Β I had some cookies, non-diet soda, and picked at things here and there and expected to get to 3,000 or so calories for the day which is about what my calorie intake is on my cheat days. Β Things got out of hand when my gf invited a few friends over to watch the late game on Sunday and then we got wings (which I love), pizza, and some libations which put me at 4,500 calories for the day.

So, it was definitely anΒ aberration and perfect storm that brought it all together. Β I'm glad to report that yesterday even though it was a lazy day around the house, I did my pull day, ran on the treadmill, and my calorie intake was 1324 for the day.

I agree. Β My cheat days are having more carbs (pizza or hamburger with buns).

Other than that, I try to maintain same caloric intake even on cheat days.

See, I can't seem to do that because I use up my calorie intake pretty quickly. Β Like on Sunday, I have pancakes for breakfast, that would leave me less than 1k calories for the rest of the day. Β At that point, it becomes a cheat meal, not a cheat day.

At this point, I'm waiting for Amazon to deliver my protein powder and power bars.

Yesterday:

Bent-Over Dumbbell Rows 30 lbs each x 3 sets x 12 reps
Upright rows 15 lbs each x 3 sets x 12 reps
Dumbbell Curls 10 lbs each x 3 sets x 12 reps

The curls for my right bicep at that weight are significantly easier than for my left bicep. Β Not sure if I should do different weights for left and right bicep or if I should just keep at that weight and build the muscle in my left bicep and I believe it is as it's getting a bit less difficult to do the 12 reps each time.

Christian

The curls for my right bicep at that weight are significantly easier than for my left bicep. Β Not sure if I should do different weights for left and right bicep or if I should just keep at that weight and build the muscle in my left bicep and I believe it is as it's getting a bit less difficult to do the 12 reps each time.

Stick with the same weights, you will develop muscular balance over time. Make sure you use good form with both sides.