IGNORED

Your Workout Today

iacas

I'd like to revive this thread, great for accountability. I did not work out today, but have been putting in substantial time in the gym this winter. I have focused on squatting and deadlifts to increase overall power. Lifting heavy weights also seems to improve my overall sense of well-being. 

- Mark

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

@Braivo I saw you post in the daily workout thread, and it made me want to start this thread.

For anyone interested, starting tomorrow and ending February 21, 2017... I challenge you to 30 straight days of physical activity.  It could be weights, cardio, a pickup basketball game, skiing, of course golf, etc.  Please feel free to share any goals, etc.  I don't see the need to post every day (unless that helps keep you going), but maybe recap your workouts every week with a post.  Also, please feel free to share any goals, motivations, etc.

For anyone who sees this post throughout the coming week, and still wants to join in, just adjust your start & end date.

Best of luck to everyone!

I'm heading to Breckenridge late February.   I need to be in better shape.   I like the challenge. I doubt my work outs will be weights but I will be swimming, playing racquetball and some cardio.  

Great motivator thread

• Upvote 1

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

11 minutes ago, dennyjones said:

I'm heading to Breckenridge late February.   I need to be in better shape.   I like the challenge. I doubt my work outs will be weights but I will be swimming, playing racquetball and some cardio.  

Great motivator thread

Hey that's great, glad to have you join the challenge!

My motivation is twofold... I tore my meniscus last week skiing (1st degree, nothing major), so I want to focus on caring for that and strengthening up my joints/ligaments in general.  In addition, I could stand to lose at least 10-15 lbs, so I want to focus exercises that get my metabolism going, and lose the weight while increasing my stamina.

I probably should get on this bandwagon. Need to lose about 15 pounds.

• Upvote 1

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

39 minutes ago, Lihu said:

I probably should get on this bandwagon. Need to lose about 15 pounds.

Great, glad you joined the challenge!

Tonight I walked on the treadmill at a brisk pace (3.5 mph) for 10mins, and the knee felt OK.  So I added on about another 5mins, and increased the speed every 30 seconds.  The knee was OK until I got to the 6mph range, which is when I stopped.  Then I followed up with about 10mins of stretching.

Tomorrow will be weights and core.

41 minutes ago, dennyjones said:

I wasn't planning on doing anything tonight but remembered this thread.   Decided to going swimming.

Haha, glad the thread helped remind you to get at it

I walked briskly from my office to my son's school about 1.6 miles round trip to bring him some supplies. Unfortunately, I got a Rose Flavored Boba iced tea on the way back. Was tempted by Starbucks as well, but stood my ground with just one drink. . .

Walked briskly to the post office to drop off a package which is about 1/2 mile round trip.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

I'm going to start doing this every day:

I did it yesterday, and I'm starting again right now, as I just finished a nice brisk walk outside. I really need to get rolling on a real strength and cardio program again. Let's do this.  

There's another thread about logging your daily workout. Here's @Braivo trying to rejuvenate people posting there. It's over 100pages!

Maybe we mods should combine somehow. Perhaps do something similar to the daily practice threads for each month (see the Jan 2017 example below)? Not sure which makes the most sense. I'll post here for now, and discuss at some point with other mods what they think. (EDIT/UPDATE: will just merge the new challenge thread with this "Workout Today" thread)

Edited by RandallT
Updated that we will merge
  • Upvote 1

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

What's interesting is I had this same idea after reading an article on line about a woman who challenged herself to 10 push-ups a day for 30 days.  So I started last Wednesday doing 50 (straight) each day in addition to anything else I had planned.  Sometimes I get them out of the way in the morning but usually it's at night after the kids are in bed.

I did find that doing them in the morning is harder for some reason.    Tomorrow will be one week in....

Brad

• Upvote 1

Bumping this thread after a merge.

@Braivo and @Denny Bang Bang are challenging us to get some interest back in this thread. I don't know about you, but it's good timing for me to get a good kick in the butt to get rolling on fitness again.

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

I did get around playing racquetball today for about 2 hours.   The problem...several guys arrived to swing their clubs and I lost my focus.   Tomorrow afternoon I'm going to swing the clubs for a couple of hours and record my swing.

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

Hit a bunch of balls on the driving range. Humbled by some video taken of my horrific swing. :-P

Doing stretching. . .

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

19 hours ago, bmartin461 said:

What's interesting is I had this same idea after reading an article on line about a woman who challenged herself to 10 push-ups a day for 30 days.  So I started last Wednesday doing 50 (straight) each day in addition to anything else I had planned.  Sometimes I get them out of the way in the morning but usually it's at night after the kids are in bed.

I did find that doing them in the morning is harder for some reason.    Tomorrow will be one week in....

Brad

I am also doing daily pushups. This was after tell a personal trainer friend that my chest was my lagging body part. His suggestion was to start with 10 with the last 5 done really slow. I am up to 15 with the last 5 slow.

Doug

Did a nice walk/jog outside for 20mins, then some pushups. Gotta ease back into shape, I think. Next week, I'll shoot for ellipticals at the gym and start some weights in there. Time to stretch with the 15min video above. And then off to a doctor appt- ugh.

My Swing

Hip and calf stretches. Trying to come up with a pre and post stretch for the range sessions, because these muscle groups tend to get stiff a couple hours after the range session and while warming up.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56