IGNORED

World #1 at the end of 2012?

deasy55
Note: This thread is 4500 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Who do you think will be #1 in 12 months?

• Luke Donald
    • Rory McIlroy
    • Lee Westwood
    • Martin Kaymer
    • Adam Scott
    • Tiger Woods
    • Other

Who will be the story of 2012? Will Luke continue his form and remain at the top? Will someone else get there? Can Tiger have a career season and jump from #22 to #1 in 12 months? What do you think will be the outcome?

(I put the current Worlds Top 5, Tiger and an Other option, so no complaints about me leaving anyone out )

Luuuuuuke.  I dont see anyone right now who is as consistent as he is.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

Tim Tebow. Say what you guys want, the man finishes games.

I voted Rors, when he plays mediocre golf he gets top 10s, as long as he stays healthy I see him climbing. Tiger will be top 10, luke will probably be top 5.

• Upvote 1

In My Bag:

Adams Super LS 9.5˚ driver, Aldila Phenom NL 65TX
Adams Super LS 15˚ fairway, Kusala black 72x
Adams Super LS 18˚ fairway, Aldila Rip'd NV 75TX
Adams Idea pro VST hybrid, 21˚, RIP Alpha 105x
Adams DHY 24˚, RIP Alpha 89x
5-PW Maltby TE irons, KBS C taper X, soft stepped once 130g
Mizuno T4, 54.9 KBS Wedge X
Mizuno R12 60.5, black nickel, KBS Wedge X
Odyssey Metal X #1 putter 
Bridgestone E5, Adidas samba bag, True Linkswear Stealth

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Probably Rory or Tiger

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

Now that Donald's found his inner Tom Kite (be the best at what you do best) I like his chances of staying near the top week in and week out. He needs more wins and higher finishes in majors though.

Of the "Others" I like Jason Day because I'd like to hear more from him (in interviews and such).

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Rory probably. Tiger will have a good year , but not enough to get to #1. Luke will be himself and have a consistent year, but needs to win more to stay at the top. Jason Day is good "other" as he's a great chance at the majors next year. All in all 2012 should be great to watch.

In my mizuno.gif Neo Cart Bag or rife.gif Staff Bag on clicgear.gif 2.0 Trolley
 Driver: R11 10.5* |  3W: CB4 15* | adams.gif Hybrid: Idea Pro (20* & 23*)
bridgestone.gif Irons: J36 Cavity Back (5-PW) | vokey.gif Wedges: S.M Oil Cans: 52.08, 56.08 & 60.04
rife.gif Putter: 2-bar Hybrid Blade | bridgestone.gif Ball: B330-RX  Ball: Pro V1

I don't know how far Donald possibly can fall, but I doubt it can be worse than top 5. Because his 2011 results won't just go away (just lose some weight).

I think McIlroy will be 1, Donald 2, Johnson 3, Westwood 4, Scott 5, Woods between 6 and 10.

It all depends on Tiger.

If he wins a major (or two) which I wouldn't be betting against, it'll be him.

It wouldn't surprise me if McIlroy gets enough points to reach the top, and I can't see Donald staying there, for some reason.

Funny thing, though, the significance (or otherwise) of the #1 spot.

I don't think Westwood would do anything at all to boost ratings or encourage people to play the game. He's not an intetresting player (to me) and his style irritates me in the same way that Monty's does.  Donald is a superb ambassador for our game and McILroy will do waht Norman and Tiger did in terms of creating excitement from non golf fans.

For the sake of the game, I'm hoping for McIlroy, Tiger and Donald in that order, but if they are close, that'll do.

• Upvote 1

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

I think Donald is going to be hard to knock off. He's so consistent and he seems to have found some steel in his soul lately. Rory will certainly challenge. Tiger I don't know -- think he's still going to blow hot and cold. Could see Schwartzel moving into the top 5.

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

If I was putting money on it, Donald is the only answer.

I think Watney has the tools in order & is ready to put up some big numbers next year - we'll see...

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

Anyone figure out how much Tiger would have to win to become #1? He earned very few points this year so I would think he would need a monster year (a couple majors/wold golf championships and decent showings in the rest) to become #1. Obviously it gets easier as the year goes on the other players points decline.

Originally Posted by deasy55

^^

If he wins the first 6/7 events of his season it should be enough

Did you circle the date on your calendar too?!?

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

If I had to lay money I'd say Donald. I could definitely see Rory making a run at it though.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Originally Posted by LuciusWooding

Tim Tebow. Say what you guys want, the man finishes games.

I voted Rors, when he plays mediocre golf he gets top 10s, as long as he stays healthy I see him climbing. Tiger will be top 10, luke will probably be top 5.

YEAH Tebow!  Although he did cost me my proline,  I needed Denver by 4!

Tiger90

Nah, i'm not one of them at all

Originally Posted by sean_miller

Did you circle the date on your calendar too?!?

I voted Luke Donald. It will be very hard for him to be knocked off if he continues finishing top 10 pretty much every time he tees it up.

Originally Posted by TitleistWI

Luuuuuuke.  I dont see anyone right now who is as consistent as he is.

Where would a person with five wins and fifteen missed cuts (obviously an unlikely scenario) sit relative to a player with no wins and twenty top tens, maybe even two or three runner up finishes?!?

At what magic number would wins trump top 10s?

Note: This thread is 4500 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!