IGNORED

TRUE Shoes, Barefoot, and More

Note: This thread is 2261 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

google search True Linkswear 2015

http://retailers.truelinkswear.com/2015%20Catalog%20and%20Creative/US%20Domestic/Spring%202015%20Preview%20Catalog%20US.pdf [quote name="iacas" url="/t/55204/true-shoes-barefoot-and-more/220_20#post_1073314"] Looks like I was wrong. [/quote] They're not for sale on the True website. I want to get the classix on the BOGO offer before it expires. That shoe looks sweet.

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

They're not for sale on the True website. I want to get the classix on the BOGO offer before it expires. That shoe looks sweet.

Not gonna happen.

I bet these don't appear before that's over.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Not gonna happen. I bet these don't appear before that's over.

Yeah, I figured that out when I realized those photos came from an advance catalogue for retailers. I guess I'll just have to wait for Ryan Moore to win the Masters...

Kevin

• 3 weeks later...

Just ordered the True Gent Chukkahs in black.  Cyber Monday special on sale at $64, down from $159.  Since I nearly bought them at $159 I figured it was an easy decision.  :-)

• Upvote 1

Kevin

Sadly True Linkswear didn't have any Protos left so they are sending me out a pair of the lyt drys. Not sure if I am going to like them but it was still nice that True honored a defective shoes and is sending me out a new pair.

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

• 1 month later...

Not much left I like in their line. The Gent doesn't fit me and the loafer is never in stock so haven't tried it. Of the casual styles only the Oxford half appeals and even then after I got the shoe it reminded me of something an old lady would buy at Walmart to compliment her moo moo. Today GC showed a spiked model at the PGA show and while attractive the best thing about TRUE for me was being able to wear the shoes everywhere. I was never an every day wearer but on golf days it was nice.

I have a new pair of the old Chukka, near new pair of the Stealth, two pair serviceable Sensei and a rarely worn pair of Phoenix that will get me though another year. NOS of older models on eBay is limited so act quickly if you like those. I found 3 pairs total there in my size but only one in a color I can use. Well there is a few of the $169 RyMo there but I'm not spending that much just to stash them.

I'm sure the changes are market driven but unless they come up with something more like the old shoes I am done with TRUE. I was never 100% zero drop or anything, though I've pretty much wore Chuck's and Vans my entire life so never a high heel sneaker guy. Saw some interesting stuff watching the show but the shoe from Peru, can't remember, retail for around $150 and would have to order on-line so a chance with fit issues.

Dave :-)

I wish they would bring back the tour Protos. The new higher backs shred my top heel. 2014 line was not very appealing in my opinion.

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

I wish they would bring back the tour Protos. The new higher backs shred my top heel. 2014 line was not very appealing in my opinion.

And the PHXes. Really liked those.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Never tried a pair of those. Waterproof?

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

Never tried a pair of those. Waterproof?

Most of them are.  Check out the site for more details

http://www.truelinkswear.com

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

I just bought a pair of the 2013 True Tours.

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

• Administrator

The 2015 lineup looks pretty good. More details to come, but, I'm fairly excited. A bit more cushioning in some models than I might prefer, BUT better overall than the 2014 lineup.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

The 2015 lineup looks pretty good. More details to come, but, I'm fairly excited. A bit more cushioning in some models than I might prefer, BUT better overall than the 2014 lineup.

They made my "Best Of" list. Really cool stuff they got in the works.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

They made my "Best Of" list. Really cool stuff they got in the works.

I have to admit I was a late convert to True.   I bought a pair of Stealths about the time they quit making them.   Now I own 2 pair of Stealths and 2 pair of Protos and they are all I wear on the course.    In your opinion, were any of the 2015 models similar (particulary in terms of the toe box)?

Razr Fit Xtreme 9.5* Matrix Black Tie shaft, Diablo Octane 3 wood 15*, Razr X Hybrid 21*, Razr X 4-SW, Forged Dark Chrome 60* lob wedge, Hex Chrome & Hex Black ball

In your opinion, were any of the 2015 models similar (particulary in terms of the toe box)?

Yes, the only shoes that have a more narrow toe are the Classix or the Gent Classix, forget the exact name of the shoe.

Mike McLoughlin

@mvmac I love the look of the new classix white on black.  Any indication at the PGA Show when they'll release the 2015 line?

Kevin

@mvmac I love the look of the new classix white on black.  Any indication at the PGA Show when they'll release the 2015 line?

I think March.

Mike McLoughlin

Awesome post!  I've been a Vibram evangelist since I got my pair maybe a year ago.  Like you I grew up running around barefoot and wear sandals as much as possible.  I like the idea of lighter, thinner golf shoes.  But have you ever tried golfing fully barefoot or at most with 5 Fingers? I've worn my 5 Fingers to the range a bunch of times and it's really awesome.  Gives you a great sense of connection with the ground and you can really feel it when you fire from the ground.  Never gone all the way and wanted to deal with the shit my buddies would give me for wearing them for a round...

My wife and I played some very unusual golf last summer: we played on the only "clothing optional" course in Europe (the world?). We wondered what the feeling would be like and soon found out: after a couple of holes, you were simply playing golf - the nudity wasn't a big thing as you concentrated on your game. the only difference between us was that my wife actually preferred playing barefoot, because of the "connection" to the ground talked about in another post, whereas I felt unstable when I tried playing without shoes. I felt my stance was not as secure as normal, and that I was more likely to mishit the ball. So we went round with me weráring my golf shoes (which probably looked a bit ridiculous) and her barefoot. I have checked the dresscodes of several clubs in Germany (where we live and play golf), and the golf sandals I have seen advertised on the internet are not accepted by just about all of them. I would like to try those - maybe they are the ideal compromise.

• Upvote 1

Note: This thread is 2261 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!