IGNORED

"It's in the (%&#$*#) Hole!"

Bull worker
Note: This thread is 4421 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

They should stop it. You hear this insane yelling in the middle of a swing. I don't know how the tour pros put up with it.

:tmade: SLDRs 14* driver, 17* fairway, 19* and 22* hybrids | :odyssey: Versa White #1 putter

:nike: XR Pro 24*, 27*, 31*, 35.5*, 40*, 45*, 50* irons | :vokey: SM4 54*, 58* wedges

Originally Posted by sean_miller

Do you have a high sensitivity to people who call out drunken oafs?

I guess I don't really understand the question but I'll try to answer.  I don't believe I have a high sensitivity to what people say or do in most cases.  At least not at sporting events as long as the language & behavior is acceptable.  That is not to say I am not annoyed at times at what is said or done, but I would not interfere with anyone's right to say it in most cases.  I don't care for drunks and would prefer to not be around them, but as long as the language and behavior is acceptable I don't bother them.  But in most places it is illegal to be drunk in public so I would advise calling a Cop and not calling out a drunk yourself.  If you want to make a fool out of yourself in public that is OK with me as long as you don't interfere with me and my ability to enjoy the event.  You don't, neither do I, have a right to not be annoyed upon occasion by what others say or do as long as it doesn't do you harm in some way.  So while I would agree that shouting "in the hole"  for a tee shot on a 500 yard drive is stupid, I don't let it bother me and still don't know why it bothers anyone.  I would agree there are unacceptable things you can say and do at a public event, but the question here is yelling "in the hole".  Seems pretty harmless to me albeit stupid most of the time.

Butch

Originally Posted by ghalfaire

Quote:

Do you have a high sensitivity to people who call out drunken oafs?

I guess I don't really understand the question but I'll try to answer.  I don't believe I have a high sensitivity to what people say or do in most cases.  At least not at sporting events as long as the language & behavior is acceptable.  That is not to say I am not annoyed at times at what is said or done, but I would not interfere with anyone's right to say it in most cases.  I don't care for drunks and would prefer to not be around them, but as long as the language and behavior is acceptable I don't bother them.  But in most places it is illegal to be drunk in public so I would advise calling a Cop and not calling out a drunk yourself.  If you want to make a fool out of yourself in public that is OK with me as long as you don't interfere with me and my ability to enjoy the event.  You don't, neither do I, have a right to not be annoyed upon occasion by what others say or do as long as it doesn't do you harm in some way.  So while I would agree that shouting "in the hole"  for a tee shot on a 500 yard drive is stupid, I don't let it bother me and still don't know why it bothers anyone.  I would agree there are unacceptable things you can say and do at a public event, but the question here is yelling "in the hole".  Seems pretty harmless to me albeit stupid most of the time.

So you find it annoying but it doesn't interfere with your enjoyment of the event. You're possibly in the minority because most people who commented think they're both annoying and find it does interfere with their enjoyment of the event. I'm somewhere in the middle. I can ignore them personally, but if someone told them to shut the F up, I'd applaud that.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

I feel it brings down what is supposed to be an honorable  game and wish it would stop . I feel that allowing it to continue will only bring on worse behavior in the future . to stop it I would give 1 warning per hole at the beginning of the day , any breach of this would be grounds for removal . jmho, Mark

cleveland Hibore xls 8.5* driver
Cleveland Hiborexls 13* 3 wood
Ping S 56
Nike oz putter

<--------- I resemble that remark

PS - agree, it's getting tired.    They should come up with some new material ... I thought the Mashed Potatoes guy was going to catch on ...

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by zipazoid

These are the same jackbags that yell 'MOO' at cows.

Yes, except that yelling "MOO" at cows is hilarious.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Originally Posted by Eleven

I heard a guy yell "Thats Bubba-Long!" after a Bubba Watson tee shot.

I heard that a few times as well.  I think most of the yelling to be obnoxious, but I caught myself chuckling at this one.

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

It's idiotic and I'm 100% in favor of a task force to beat these guys into pulp. No one thinks it's funny, everyone around that person in the gallery thinks they're an idiot along with the millions viewing it at home. This is golf, not football. I'm not uptight in the least, but this is just annoying.

I have to admit that it's extremely annoying.  I'm convinced that not only is it shouted by drunken idiots but probably by self-absorbed idiots who want to know that the whole world heard their contribution to a particular event.

Driver:  Callaway Diablo Octane iMix 11.5*
Fairway: Cobra Baffler Rail F 3W & 7W
Irons:  Wilson Ci
Wedges:  Acer XB (52* & 56*)
Putter:  Cleveland Classic #10 with Winn Jumbo Pistol Grip

So you find it annoying but it doesn't interfere with your enjoyment of the event. You're possibly in the minority because most people who commented think they're both annoying and find it does interfere with their enjoyment of the event. I'm somewhere in the middle. I can ignore them personally, but if someone told them to shut the F up, I'd applaud that.

Yes I seem to be in the minority but this would not be the first time I find myself in that position.  But maybe it doesn't bother me because when you go to the Phoenix Open you expect it to be noisy and you will run into an occasional drunk. I have never attended a PGA event outside of AZ and probably won't ever have the opportunity to do that.  I have gone to some LPGA events and for whatever reason the crowds seem better behaved (and smaller).  If someone told the "in the hole" guy to "shut the F up" I'm not sure I would applaud but I'd certainly understand.  But again it would be my advice to call a cop if you believe the fellow is out of line and disrupting the event.

Butch

Originally Posted by ghalfaire

Yes I seem to be in the minority but this would not be the first time I find myself in that position.  But maybe it doesn't bother me because when you go to the Phoenix Open you expect it to be noisy and you will run into an occasional drunk.

The Wasted Management and the Bear Trap seem to be examples where this behaviour is at least tolerated if not encouraged.

In my bag ... 12 year old Balvenie DoubleWood

I like the atmosphere of the Waste Management or when the crowd gets excited over a great shot - the Tiger roar or on the back 9 coming down the stretch on a Sunday afternoon. But yelling "it's in the hole" is so tired and frankly lame. They must do it so their buddies watching on TV will know they were there....or something equally dumb.

In my Sun Mountain 14 Way Stand Bag:

Driver - Ping G30 10.5* : Fairway - Ping G30 18* : Hybrids - Titleist 915H 21* & 915 H 24* : Irons - Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 5 - GW : Wedges, Vokey 54.14, Vokey 58.12 : Putter - Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 or Ping Craz-E-R  : Ball - Bridgestone B330RX, Cart - Cliqgear 3.5

Only in America

aeroburner tp 10.5 stiff
superfast tp 2.0 3 wood stiff
Halo 25 and taylormade tp 19 degree hybrids
miura cb 202 and wedge
tp 52* wedge, tp 56* taylormade spider mallet putter

Originally Posted by Jmdmbike

I like the atmosphere of the Waste Management

Great atmosphere, but it only works/is tolerated at that one particular event. The grandstand on the par 3, 16th is the rowdiest place in golf by far. Cheering like mad men on a great shot and raining down boo's for anyone who misses the green. It's what I imagine the Colosseum was like during Rome's golden age.

noonan....(cough)

HEH...jk

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Note: This thread is 4421 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!