IGNORED

The 2012 Masters Discussion Thread

xxsoultonesxx
Note: This thread is 4390 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Here's what Charl Schwartzel has on the menu for the Champions dinner

Quote:

After opening with an iced seafood display (shrimp, lobster, jumbo lump crabmeat and oysters among the items), international cheese and crudite (mortadella, swiss, aged cheddar, gruyere, etc.) and an assortment entitled “Charl’s Featured Specialties” that includes sliced biltong, biltong sticks and droewors with Philadelphia cream cheese, topped with Wellington sweet chili sauce, the main course likewise recalls his homeland.  The South African barbeque entrée will include marinated and grilled filet mignon, lamb chops, chicken breast and borewors with monkey gland sauce, dauphinoise potatoes, sautéed sweet corn and green beans.  The wine selection includes a 2010 Cape of Good Hope, Van Lill & Visser chenin blanc and a 2007 Anthonij Rupert cabernet sauvignon.  If the Masters champions still have room for dessert after that feast, they’ll be treated to vanilla ice cream sundaes.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Here's what Charl Schwartzel has on the menu for the Champions dinner

[URL=http://thesandtrap.com/image/id/243781/width/545/height/700][IMG]http://thesandtrap.com/image/id/243781/width/545/height/700[/IMG][/URL] Sounds tasty. :-)

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Here's the TV schedule

Apr. 5-8, 2012
TV coverage: ESPN, Wed. 3 p.m. ET (Par-3 Contest),
Thurs., Fri. 3 p.m. ET (Rounds 1 & 2);
CBS- Sat. 3:30 p.m. ET (Round 3) and Sun. 2 p.m. ET (Round 4)

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Originally Posted by iPutt

With how this season's been, there's at least 30 names that could easily win. That being said....

Winner: Tiger Woods

Runner Up: Webb Simpson

Contenders: Lee Westwood, Rory McIlroy, Phil Mickelson

Dark Horse: Kyle Stanley

And shall we make it interesting with another category?

Notable to Miss the Cut: Martin Kaymer

I believe this prediction is pretty accurate for me.

The course is predicted to get significant rain over the next three days. How do you think this will effect certain players/final outcome? I'd say softer greens at Augusta would level the playing field. The really good super fast green putters won't have as much advantage.

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

• Administrator

Mmmmmm. Love me some monkey gland sauce!

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I'd say softer greens at Augusta would level the playing field. The really good super fast green putters won't have as much advantage.

But soft fairways will favor the bombers.

But soft fairways will favor the bombers.

Yes, thinking the same, but there are factors such as typical ball landing angle+spin and roll out. Hope they don't do lift, clean, replace day one.

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

Yes, thinking the same, but there are factors such as typical ball landing angle+spin and roll out. Hope they don't do lift, clean, replace day one.

The commentators have noted that they are mowing the fairways toward the tee, so the balls not only will not roll much, but are likely to pick up mud when they land, if the fairways are still soggy. But I think they will invite Jane Fonda for membership before they allow ball in hand.

Not sure if this was posted, but if you want to watch live... Here's the link

Right now it's practice on the range. They have picture in picture as well so you can watch two different locations later and through the week.

Crap..nevermind.. it just ended.

• Administrator

Tiger said in his press conference that the greens were soft, but still very fast, and it was a weird combo.

So I think the greens will still be kept up to speed. People might just be able to land their balls outside of that "two yard area" they always talk about.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

The featured groups for the first 2 days are out (according to Bob Harig of ESPN): Scott, Van Pelt, Kaymer; Weir, Sned, Simpson; Cabrera, McIlroy, Watson; Stricker, Harrington, Cink; Singh, Westwood, Furyk; Mickelson, Mahan, Hanson.

It seems like we're not going to see anything of TW's round live, because the TV coverage starts at 3 pm (?).

http://www.masters.com/en_US/live/index.html

Heres' the link to all the live coverage on themasters.com. Par3 challenge starts at 3pm ( All times are EDT. Start and finish times for live coverage on Masters.com are approximations only. )

Originally Posted by Th3R00st3r

Not sure if this was posted, but if you want to watch live...Here's the link

Right now it's practice on the range. They have picture in picture as well so you can watch two different locations later and through the week.

Crap..nevermind.. it just ended.

Props for selling fruit. While the offerings look more healthy than your typical concession stand, it's ironic that events that feature sports which require people to be in shape never offer the healthiest snack option. real food that is fruit.

Originally Posted by shades9323

OMG, reasonable concession prices at a professional sports event!

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Fast greens can make things interesting. It'll put Tiger's putting to a test.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Note: This thread is 4390 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!