IGNORED

Has anyone ever seen this guy's videos and blog - Monte Scheinblum

Note: This thread is 4362 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I recently watched a couple of his videos on YouTube relating to a 'proper tilt' and 'shoulder turn angles and spine tilt' and was wondering what some of the sand trap members might think of some of his advice?  I did a search for his name and didn't find any postings.

Proper Tilt

Shoulder Turn Angles and Spine Tilt

In my :nike:  bag on my :clicgear: cart ...

Driver: :ping: G10 9*    3-Wood: :cleveland: Launcher
Hybrid: :adams: 20* Hybrid      Irons: :ping: i5 4-GW - silver dot, +1/2"
Wedges: :cleveland: 56* (bent to 54*) and 60* CG10     Putter: :ping: Craz-e (original blue)

Hmmm... no one, I thought this was a forum to help people play better golf?

Maybe I'll get more help over on GolfWRX?  Oh, but this forum does have prettier software, that's what's important.

Wedges: :cleveland: 56* (bent to 54*) and 60* CG10     Putter: :ping: Craz-e (original blue)

I'm surprised no one has commented on the videos, either.  I just watched the 2nd one, and it seemed to be good advice on how to maintain your spine angle through impact (something I continually struggle with, BTW).  When I next go to the range, I'll work a little on trying to make my right shoulder point down toward the ball through impact, and see how it feels.

I know Monte from the forum you mention.

He is a great guy and just this week exchanged a few PM's helping me out a bit.

Very knowledgeable, willing to share info, and works out of a club in Southern California as I recall.

-Dan

Originally Posted by Harmonious

I'm surprised no one has commented on the videos, either.  I just watched the 2nd one, and it seemed to be good advice on how to maintain your spine angle through impact (something I continually struggle with, BTW).  When I next go to the range, I'll work a little on trying to make my right shoulder point down toward the ball through impact, and see how it feels.

Originally Posted by Danattherock

I know Monte from the forum you mention.

He is a great guy and just this week exchanged a few PM's helping me out a bit.

Very knowledgeable, willing to share info, and works out of a club in Southern California as I recall.

-Dan

Thanks guys, you have restored my faith in this forum (ha, ha).

I tried really focusing on my shoulder plane practicing with a swing training club - (haven't had time to get to the range, another story).  I was also focusing on my lag and releasing it at the right point in the swing (my tendency is to hold on through impact).  Made it to the range yesterday, I was hitting my 9-iron about 10-15 yards farther (150-155) than normal (140) and alot more on target, too.  The training club is a Hank Haney swingsetter, for what it's worth.

Bottom line, I like his videos, I'll see if he has some more.

His shoulder turn videos have helped me a lot this year. He's answered a couple of my questions over at the other site and I think his way of explaining things is fantastic.

Callaway Org14 Sport w/ Clicgear Cart:

Callaway X 460 9* - Callaway X 15* - TaylorMade 19*/21* Hybrid - Callaway Diablo Forged 4-PW - Titleist 50/56/60 - Rife Cayman Brac - Bridgestone xFIXx/B330-RX - TRUE Linkswear Supporter!

Originally Posted by TheGeekGolfer

Maybe I'll get more help over on GolfWRX?  Oh, but this forum does have prettier software, that's what's important.

There isn't alot of participation on these forums sadly but, at least you don't get banned with no explanation for disagreeing with someone like on the other forum

Driver: Titleist 915 D3
3 wood: 15 Callaway X Hot pro
Hybrids:  18 Callaway X Hot Pro
Irons: 4-GW Callaway Apex
project x 6.0
Wedges: 54 , 58 Callaway
Putter: 2 ball
Ball: Callaway Chrome

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by TheGeekGolfer

Sure not a fan of the presentation or camera placement in the first video, which he references in the second one. The message in video one is kind of basic (i.e. duh). The secons one is much better.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

As a follow-up, I went to the range today, and tried to incorporate the tips about the right shoulder pointing down toward the ball on the downswing.  I liked the results. I seemed to keep my spine angle better throughout the swing, and it helped eliminate my hooks, which happen when I don't  rotate my upper body and allow my arms to get too far ahead.  So, a good video, for me at least.  thanks for posting.

Seems he has 91 videos on Youtube. Some great stuff there. Watched a few last night.

Natural lag versus forced lag

Keeping the hands/arms in front of you (part one and two)

Some great stuff from this former long drive champ (same level as the current Remax contests), top finishing Nationwide player in many events, and now instructor.

-Dan

Originally Posted by sean_miller

Sure not a fan of the presentation or camera placement in the first video, which he references in the second one. The message in video one is kind of basic (i.e. duh). The secons one is much better.

Agree completely. I really can't stand 'chatter' and excessive talk in videos so didn't get along well with his teaching style at all. The info's pretty good but the guy himself is a bit too 'Foley' for my liking. :/

SWING DNA
Speed [77] Tempo [5] ToeDown [5] KickAngle [6] Release [5] Mizuno JPX EZ 10.5° - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye (with Harrison ShotMaker) Mizuno JPX EZ 3W/3H - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 4i-PW - True Temper XP 115 S300 Mizuno MP R-12 50.06/54.09/58.10 - Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex Mizuno MP A305 [:-P]

Monte is a good guy.   I have taken a lesson from him a couple of years back and he is the one who started getting me away from turning too level to ground and getting my shoulders on a "steeper" plane.  He seems to be very sincere and genuine in trying to keep things as simple as possible.  But, perhaps the main thing that I have liked about his teachings is that he will be honest and tell you that what he has you working on is to make a you better, more consistent,  golfer six months from now because there is no magic bullet when making a swing change.

Originally Posted by Danattherock

Seems he has 91 videos on Youtube. Some great stuff there. Watched a few last night.

Natural lag versus forced lag

Keeping the hands/arms in front of you (part one and two)

Some great stuff from this former long drive champ (same level as the current Remax contests), top finishing Nationwide player in many events, and now instructor.

-Dan

Wow... with that many videos, seems like there should be some good information.

• 3 weeks later...

I think the guy's seriously lacking in the mental compartment (I know people who have played with him and if you think Dustin Johnson is dumb as a rock then you've not met Monte) and if you read his blog he constantly professes to have found the secret and gives such general, shifting advice while searching for feels (his words). Most of the instructors I've ever known know what they're working on.http://montescheinblum.wordpress.com/2012/04/03/the-reason-i-was-so-mad-yesterday/

"The expert golfer has maximum time to make minimal compensations. The poorer player has minimal time to make maximum compensations." - And no, I'm not Mac. Please do not PM me about it. I just think he is a crazy MFer and we could all use a little more crazy sometimes.

He's better than most.  I haven't watched all of his videos but the ones I've seen I've liked

• Upvote 1

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Originally Posted by Phil McGleno

I think the guy's seriously lacking in the mental compartment (I know people who have played with him and if you think Dustin Johnson is dumb as a rock then you've not met Monte) and if you read his blog he constantly professes to have found the secret and gives such general, shifting advice while searching for feels (his words). Most of the instructors I've ever known know what they're working on.http://montescheinblum.wordpress.com/2012/04/03/the-reason-i-was-so-mad-yesterday/

LOL, thanks for the laugh.  I would be willing to discuss any of your comments.

Note: This thread is 4362 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!