• Announcements

• iacas

Introducing TST "Clubs!"   08/28/2017

No, we're not getting into the equipment business, but we do have "clubs" here on TST now. Groups. Check them out here:
Sign in to follow this  
TheGeekGolfer

Has anyone ever seen this guy's videos and blog - Monte Scheinblum

I recently watched a couple of his videos on YouTube relating to a 'proper tilt' and 'shoulder turn angles and spine tilt' and was wondering what some of the sand trap members might think of some of his advice?  I did a search for his name and didn't find any postings.

Proper Tilt

Shoulder Turn Angles and Spine Tilt

Hmmm... no one, I thought this was a forum to help people play better golf?

Maybe I'll get more help over on GolfWRX?  Oh, but this forum does have prettier software, that's what's important.

Harmonious    169

I'm surprised no one has commented on the videos, either.  I just watched the 2nd one, and it seemed to be good advice on how to maintain your spine angle through impact (something I continually struggle with, BTW).  When I next go to the range, I'll work a little on trying to make my right shoulder point down toward the ball through impact, and see how it feels.

Danattherock    10

I know Monte from the forum you mention.

He is a great guy and just this week exchanged a few PM's helping me out a bit.

Very knowledgeable, willing to share info, and works out of a club in Southern California as I recall.

-Dan

Originally Posted by Harmonious

I'm surprised no one has commented on the videos, either.  I just watched the 2nd one, and it seemed to be good advice on how to maintain your spine angle through impact (something I continually struggle with, BTW).  When I next go to the range, I'll work a little on trying to make my right shoulder point down toward the ball through impact, and see how it feels.

Originally Posted by Danattherock

I know Monte from the forum you mention.

He is a great guy and just this week exchanged a few PM's helping me out a bit.

Very knowledgeable, willing to share info, and works out of a club in Southern California as I recall.

-Dan

Thanks guys, you have restored my faith in this forum (ha, ha).

I tried really focusing on my shoulder plane practicing with a swing training club - (haven't had time to get to the range, another story).  I was also focusing on my lag and releasing it at the right point in the swing (my tendency is to hold on through impact).  Made it to the range yesterday, I was hitting my 9-iron about 10-15 yards farther (150-155) than normal (140) and alot more on target, too.  The training club is a Hank Haney swingsetter, for what it's worth.

Bottom line, I like his videos, I'll see if he has some more.

soloredd    5

His shoulder turn videos have helped me a lot this year. He's answered a couple of my questions over at the other site and I think his way of explaining things is fantastic.

poser    38

Originally Posted by TheGeekGolfer

Maybe I'll get more help over on GolfWRX?  Oh, but this forum does have prettier software, that's what's important.

There isn't alot of participation on these forums sadly but, at least you don't get banned with no explanation for disagreeing with someone like on the other forum

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

sean_miller    371

Originally Posted by TheGeekGolfer

Sure not a fan of the presentation or camera placement in the first video, which he references in the second one. The message in video one is kind of basic (i.e. duh). The secons one is much better.

Harmonious    169

As a follow-up, I went to the range today, and tried to incorporate the tips about the right shoulder pointing down toward the ball on the downswing.  I liked the results. I seemed to keep my spine angle better throughout the swing, and it helped eliminate my hooks, which happen when I don't  rotate my upper body and allow my arms to get too far ahead.  So, a good video, for me at least.  thanks for posting.

Danattherock    10

Seems he has 91 videos on Youtube. Some great stuff there. Watched a few last night.

Natural lag versus forced lag

Keeping the hands/arms in front of you (part one and two)

Some great stuff from this former long drive champ (same level as the current Remax contests), top finishing Nationwide player in many events, and now instructor.

-Dan

Originally Posted by sean_miller

Sure not a fan of the presentation or camera placement in the first video, which he references in the second one. The message in video one is kind of basic (i.e. duh). The secons one is much better.

Agree completely. I really can't stand 'chatter' and excessive talk in videos so didn't get along well with his teaching style at all. The info's pretty good but the guy himself is a bit too 'Foley' for my liking. :/

gwlee7    41

Monte is a good guy.   I have taken a lesson from him a couple of years back and he is the one who started getting me away from turning too level to ground and getting my shoulders on a "steeper" plane.  He seems to be very sincere and genuine in trying to keep things as simple as possible.  But, perhaps the main thing that I have liked about his teachings is that he will be honest and tell you that what he has you working on is to make a you better, more consistent,  golfer six months from now because there is no magic bullet when making a swing change.

Originally Posted by Danattherock

Seems he has 91 videos on Youtube. Some great stuff there. Watched a few last night.

Natural lag versus forced lag

Keeping the hands/arms in front of you (part one and two)

Some great stuff from this former long drive champ (same level as the current Remax contests), top finishing Nationwide player in many events, and now instructor.

-Dan

Wow... with that many videos, seems like there should be some good information.

Phil McGleno    282

I think the guy's seriously lacking in the mental compartment (I know people who have played with him and if you think Dustin Johnson is dumb as a rock then you've not met Monte) and if you read his blog he constantly professes to have found the secret and gives such general, shifting advice while searching for feels (his words). Most of the instructors I've ever known know what they're working on.http://montescheinblum.wordpress.com/2012/04/03/the-reason-i-was-so-mad-yesterday/

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Phil McGleno

I think the guy's seriously lacking in the mental compartment (I know people who have played with him and if you think Dustin Johnson is dumb as a rock then you've not met Monte) and if you read his blog he constantly professes to have found the secret and gives such general, shifting advice while searching for feels (his words). Most of the instructors I've ever known know what they're working on.http://montescheinblum.wordpress.com/2012/04/03/the-reason-i-was-so-mad-yesterday/

LOL, thanks for the laugh.  I would be willing to discuss any of your comments.