IGNORED

If possible, I think I have less respect for LPGA talent after hearing this

chriskzoo
Note: This thread is 4408 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by colin007

what im trying to say is there are many more times when i am trying to actually get it in the hole from the sand than i am trying to hit a hole in one from the tee.  nobody really stands on the tee and says theyre trying to hole out, they are trying to do it from the bunker much more.

It's a lot easier to ay this when you are a 9.8 than the average golfer like me who is closer to a 20. Our goal is to get out of the bunker in the first place.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by colin007

what im trying to say is there are many more times when i am trying to actually get it in the hole from the sand than i am trying to hit a hole in one from the tee.  nobody really stands on the tee and says theyre trying to hole out, they are trying to do it from the bunker much more.

Now you say that you are trying to get in the hole from the bunker, earlier you claimed to hole out at will. Which one is it?

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

Originally Posted by meenman

Now you say that you are trying to get in the hole from the bunker, earlier you claimed to hole out at will. Which one is it?

do you really think i was implying that i can hole out at will?  come on, man...

what i am saying is - if i try to hole out from a bunker and also try to hit a hole in one on a par 3, guess which one im going to be more successful at?  im not even trying to hit a hole in one from the tee...

Colin P.

So using the OPs logic we should all lose respect for PGA players because at age 14, Michelle Wei shot even par at the Sony Open and missed the cut by 1 stroke while playing from the PGA men's tees.  PGA men must not be very good if a 14 girl can keep up with them.

2004 - 14 years old

- Early in 2004, she received a sponsors exemption to play the Sony Open, a pga tour event held in Hawaii. Although she had received praise from many pga players about the quality of her game, there weren’t many who gave her the chance of making the cut. Stuart Appleby commented that 2 rounds in the 80s should be a decent effort for her. To many people’s surprise, she shot 72 in the first round, followed by a 68 in the 2nd round and missed the cut by just one stroke, beating players like Scott Hoch, Zach Johnson, Tom Pernice Jr, Vaughn Taylor, Notah Began, Hunter Mahon, Tim Petrovic, Adam Scott and Jeff Sluman, and shooting the same 2 round total as players such as Stuart Appleby, Daniel Chopra, Darren Clarke, Ben Curtis, Jim Furyk, Jeff Maggert and Kenny Perry.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Originally Posted by zipazoid

Methinks the OP is regretting ever posting this topic.

And he probably won't make that mistake again. Demonstrating the value in stigma.

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

If I got put into a foursome with LPGA players....

and, if I was swinging smoothly that day....

I could probably keep up with some of them on tee shots.

But, that's where the similarity ends. Even if I got a stroke a hole, I'm 99% sure I would end up buying lunch for the group... even if I holed a bunker shot for a birdie along the way.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

I could play the ladies' tees and have good LPGA players play the tips, and I'd still lose. I could count my 15 best holes against their 18 and probably still lose. If I played a scramble with one against 2 other pro women, we would probably be close or beat them though.

The difference between the LPGA and PGA is that, when I watch the women play, I know I can hit the shots they hit, at least I'm capable of it. I could never be that consistent to do it on demand; however, watching a PGA pro hit a shot humbles me; not in terms of distance, but the control they have over that distance. I could hit a 9 iron where the ladies are hitting a 7, I could outdrive even the longest women, but the men can all do that. But to say I don't respect the women's talent would be ridiculous. And to base my argument on their sand saves numbers or an unusual event like holing out on a sand shot would be even more so.

In My Bag:

Adams Super LS 9.5˚ driver, Aldila Phenom NL 65TX
Adams Super LS 15˚ fairway, Kusala black 72x
Adams Super LS 18˚ fairway, Aldila Rip'd NV 75TX
Adams Idea pro VST hybrid, 21˚, RIP Alpha 105x
Adams DHY 24˚, RIP Alpha 89x
5-PW Maltby TE irons, KBS C taper X, soft stepped once 130g
Mizuno T4, 54.9 KBS Wedge X
Mizuno R12 60.5, black nickel, KBS Wedge X
Odyssey Metal X #1 putter 
Bridgestone E5, Adidas samba bag, True Linkswear Stealth

Your initial statement certainly implies that you didn't have any respect for them to begin with.  Then you state that they (LPGA players) have a game similar to "most of us amateurs".  Really?  Most of us amateurs average 270 on our drives?  A scoring average below par? 70% greens in regulation?  1.8 putts per GIR?  You are obviously "in" with a far better group of amateurs than I'm associated with.

I definitely respect LPGA players. Loads of skill and talent. A friend of mine got the opportunity to play in an LPGA pro-am with Katherine Hull. Let's just say, he was very impressed at just how good she was. And she was very friendly, engaging and outgoing, giving the guys in the group some good pointers along the way. Lots to respect there.

In my Sun Mountain 14 Way Stand Bag:

Driver - Ping G30 10.5* : Fairway - Ping G30 18* : Hybrids - Titleist 915H 21* & 915 H 24* : Irons - Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 5 - GW : Wedges, Vokey 54.14, Vokey 58.12 : Putter - Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 or Ping Craz-E-R  : Ball - Bridgestone B330RX, Cart - Cliqgear 3.5

Originally Posted by soon_tourpro

LPGA girls good but severely lacking competition and short game could use more skills at average.

Huh?

Oh I totally agree. I mean if I played on their easy courses I could score in the mid-high 60s all weekend long too

Originally Posted by soon_tourpro

LPGA girls good but severely lacking competition and short game could use more skills at average.

I completely disagree with the OP, but did any of you see the putt from the leader of the womens tournament on the final hole?

Colin P.

I'm still stunned from I. K. Kim missing that...

Play, practice, practice, practice. Repeat.

Pro-V1

910 D3 9.5*

910 4 Wood 17*

KZG Tour Evolution Irons 3-P

KZG TRS Wedges 50*, 54*, 58*

Newport 2 (34 1/2")

Originally Posted by mtsalmela80

Oh I totally agree. I mean if I played on their easy courses I could score in the mid-high 60s all weekend long too

You too?! Yea, just last week-end if it wasn't for a few missed putts my 86 would have been a 69 easily on my 6600 yard course....

The ironic thing is for some people on this site that don't respect the LPGA game would be the first to start a "Am I good enough to play on the PGA tour" thread if they every played to that caliber. It's a funny game, that's for sure.

I think anyone who has played in an LPGA Pro-Am will tell a similar story. I played with Karrie Webb 10 years ago.Her irons were as laser like as any golfer I have ever been on a golf course. I would like to tell you something about her sand game, but it was a scramble and with her iron play we were never more than 15 feet from the flagstick, except on par 5's which she reached in two. Never saw her out of the sand.  I think the difference with men is club head speed and what can be accomplished with that (distance and spin), but to demean accomplished golfers because one VERY accomplished golfer had an interesting stat out of the sand is a comment pretty much not worth commenting on (oops, I commented on it).

Note: This thread is 4408 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!