IGNORED

What stand bag would you buy?

Note: This thread is 4355 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Sun Mountain Four5

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I recently bought the Ping Hoofer 2012....very happy so far, and replaced my old Ping Hoofer circa 2001....

In the bag:

TaylorMade R11 Driver (10.5 stiff stock shaft)

TaylorMade R11 3wood (15 degree stiff stock shaft)

Adams IdeaPro 3i hybrid (20 degree)

Titleist DCI 4-PW (photo)

Cleveland CG15 wedges (52, 56, 60)

Odyssey White-Hot 2-Ball (Superstroke oversize grip)

Bushnell Tour V2 Rangefinder

Ping Hoofer 2012 Bag

i have a callaway x22. the bag has lots of pockets and a7 top divider. the straps are nice and comfy and the hip pads are comfy. i walk 9 holes 3 times a week and its pretty awesome. im happy with it.

My clubs-

Driver- Cleveland XL270 

3 wood- Cleveland XL270 HL 3 wood

hybrid and irons-Cleveland Mashie 3 hybrid 

Adams a4r 4 hybrid-gw

wedges- a4r pw, gw, snakeyes 

Callaway x-series jaws 56 Degree, 60 Degree

putter- Oddessey metal-x 

Just bought a Titleist Ultra Light and am very happy with it.  Sturdy construction and room for anything I'd carry.  A minimalist bag with only two dividers but its super light and that's what I wanted.

Driver: R7 425,  3-wood: V-Steel
3H Burner,  4-pw: R9 TP
SW: Vokey, 56-10
Putter: Cameron

Bought the 2012 SM 3.5 DLX

Still have a SM 3.5 from 2007 that I used for walking and is perfectly fine. I'm just bored with the old color scheme. lol.

The DLX has a Cart friendly bottom and an insert for wrapping a cart belt around the bag.

Light enough to carry to the range or for a walk.

I'm middle aged, so I prefer to take off another pound when I walk - so when I start walking a course again, I'll get a Swift X or Swift ZeroG.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Do y'all think the sun mountain hybrid bag would be to heavy for walking? I have a lightweight titleist stand bag and the leg broke and the bag won't stay standing anymore. I'm not sure about the 14 way thing? How I would like it? But I wanted something that was still able to keep clubs from clanging as I walked or used a cart. I guess really they are all about the same as top design until u get the 14 way type bag.

I have ping irons, tm rbz line driver/fw wood/hybrid, cleveland wedges. The tm rbz bag seems kinda cheesey though. Kinda wanted somethin with the name with a cool color.

• 2 weeks later...

It really depends on what you're looking for in a bag and what is your price range. I hear amazing things about the sunmountain four5 and the ogio grom. I really wanted the grom but out of my price range so i ended up with an ogio ozone from last year.

Bag: Ogio Ozone XX

Driver: :titleist: 910 D2 (Project X 7A3)

3 Wood: :titleist: 910F ;(Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana 'ahina 82)

Hybrid: :titleist: 909H 19* (Diamana Blue)

Irons: :titleist: 755 3-P (Tri Spec Stiff Flex Steel)

Wedges: :titleist: (Vokey 52* 56* 60*)

Putter: Ping Karsten Anser 2

Balls: :titleist: Nxt tour/ Prov1x

You cant go wrong with: Ping, Ogio, Sun Mountain.

Ping has a dual retractable strap system that is AMAZING. Check out their hoofer series.

Driver - Cobra S3 9.5* - Mitsubishi Rayon JavlnFX M7 
Fwy - Titleist 904F 18*
Irons - Mizuno MP-14
Wedges - Cleveland 588 54*, Ping Tour 58*
Putter - Ping D66 (iWi)

I just bought http://www.golfgalaxy.com/TaylorMade-Pure-Lite-30-Stand-Bag/W12PURELITE30/Product  and am sooo glad I did.  Lots of great pockets (including a thermal pocket for drinks) and it looks great (in orange of course).

Keep Calm and Chive On!

http://www.golfsmith.com/product/30078667/cobra-gt-stand-bag

I bought this bag at the start of the year to replace my stand bag which was very flimsy. This one is awesome! It is as sturdy as a house and has more pockets and features than I know what to do with. If you want to spend a little less, Cobra has a Sport Stand Bag (This one is the GT) which is a little bit smaller. I was debating over which one to get and went with this. I love it...got the grey/orange. Plus the straps are like memory foam and it is a very comfortable bag to carry.

The SM Hybrid is 1.5lbs heavier than the Four 5.

Originally Posted by mswings

Do y'all think the sun mountain hybrid bag would be to heavy for walking? I have a lightweight titleist stand bag and the leg broke and the bag won't stay standing anymore. I'm not sure about the 14 way thing? How I would like it? But I wanted something that was still able to keep clubs from clanging as I walked or used a cart.

I guess really they are all about the same as top design until u get the 14 way type bag.

Joe Paradiso

I have Sun Mountain four 5 and I really like it.  I walk 3/4 of the time and have no complaints.  I bought it because of the 14 way top with full length dividers.  Previous Titleist stand bag did not have full length dividers and I honestly got sick of clubs getting tangled.  Was it worth it? yes and no- 14 way top doesn't really eliminate or even limit club chatter.  All 14 just swing away independently of each other-  If anything I think it chatters a little more but that could just be me.  Haven't experienced any club tangle or any difficulty getting clubs in or out- ever.  If I had to do it all over again I would go with the Sun Mountain Three 5 DLX- Seven(?) way top with full length dividers is pretty much all i needed.  And the Sun Mountain Hybrid is pretty beefy- more 3/4 ride and occasional walk.

My last bag (and everything in it) was stolen recently. That bag was a Sun Mountain, and I really liked it. I've replaced it with an Ogio Ozone XX (I have other ogio products I really like), and it's better than my old Sun Mountain in some ways and not as nice in others. I don't think you can go wrong with either brand. Sent via Tapatalk on Android

I actually like the new Adidas 2.0 Clutch Stand Bag. http://shop.pgatour.com/bag/adidas/stand/clutch-2012/p_pd-1022968.aspx

I have last year's TaylorMade version of the bag, and no real complaints about it so far. I'm still waiting for THE perfect stand bag for me though. If the SM 3.5 DLX had a different divider, I would be all over that one.

Driver: :tmade: R11 9.0 - Bassara Griffin UL - Tour Stiff 3-wood: :tmade: R11 Ti 15.0 - JAVLNFX M6 - Stiff Hybrid: :tmade: Rescue Hybrid - JAVLNFX Hybrid - Stiff 4-PW: :mizuno: JPX 800 PRO - Nippon 1150 GH Tour - Stiff Wedges: :edel: 50/56/60 - Nippon WV 125 Putter/Ball/RF: :edel: / :bridgestone: B330 / :leupold: GX-3i

Note: This thread is 4355 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!