IGNORED

Playing as a single & awkward stories from who you got paired with

sflemon
Note: This thread is 4359 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by mpeck24

I completely agree.  Being rude, and not understanding/displaying proper etiquette is one thing.  Hitting balls in the direction of another player within your range, with or without the intention of harming the person, should never happen.  He might have made the bad situation, but deciding to take it to the next level like that is not the right way to do things.

You agree with the person who doesn't like having balls hit near them, so they take a club out and hit a ball back at the person?

I'd honestly like to see that though.  I can just imagine somebody pulling out their 4 iron and trying to hit it back at the tee box in a fit of rage, and then chunking it 20 yards and breaking their club.

Brandon

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Originally Posted by bplewis24

You agree with the person who doesn't like having balls hit near them, so they take a club out and hit a ball back at the person?

I'd honestly like to see that though.  I can just imagine somebody pulling out their 4 iron and trying to hit it back at the tee box in a fit of rage, and then chunking it 20 yards and breaking their club.

Brandon

Well if i hit it back at them, it would just be a slice into the woods ;)

Hitting into somebody is uncalled for no matter the situation... even if the guy is a complete dick!

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Just to be clear, gang, I didn't hit into him. I mean, it's not like I hit onto a par 3 when he was still on the green.

I exaggerated when I said I parked one 20 feet behind him. More like 20 yards. Once he hit his second shot on a par 4 & was taking off in his cart, I hit.

Yes, still aggressive behavior on my part, granted. But I want to be clear I wasn't flying balls at his head.

Some one cutting on number 10 at a muni is pretty much a common problem around here so I'm not sure why it upset you so much. It's also one of several reasons I joined a country club.

Driver: i15, 3 wood: G10, Hybrid: Nickent 4dx, Irons: Ping s57, Wedges: Mizuno MPT 52, 56, 60, Putter: XG #9 

Originally Posted by zipazoid

Just to be clear, gang, I didn't hit into him. I mean, it's not like I hit onto a par 3 when he was still on the green.

I exaggerated when I said I parked one 20 feet behind him. More like 20 yards. Once he hit his second shot on a par 4 & was taking off in his cart, I hit.

Yes, still aggressive behavior on my part, granted. But I want to be clear I wasn't flying balls at his head.

Well if that is true, it's not a big deal.  Just curious though, if he was driving away from you in a cart, and you hit it 20 yards behind him, how did he know enough to turn and glare at you??

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

Well if that is true, it's not a big deal.  Just curious though, if he was driving away from you in a cart, and you hit it 20 yards behind him, how did he know enough to turn and glare at you??

Casselberry has some short par 4s. Case in point, #12 is 320y. He gets in cart & drives away after hitting second shot. I hit drive. He gets to the green & there I am at my ball, 70 yards from the green while he's getting out of the cart to walk to the green. I basically was up his ass.

Zip:  Understand why you might have been upset initially, but if I get the situation, both you and he were playing as singles in carts, right?  If so, why didn't you just play 2 balls on the back 9, or do some extra chipping and putting on each green, so that you never ran into the guy again?

Seems a little odd that you would intentionally try to run up the guy's ass the entire back 9, when you could have enjoyed the outing by working on parts of your game.

Whether all those who oppose a gay marraige ammendment are homophobes or not( and many indeed are)  distracts from the fact that they are indeed against other people's civil rights-you know that whole" equal treatment before the law" thing that became so much the fad during the great civil rights struggles of the 1960's?....

but I digress from the fact that you make a very poor comparison between a golf forum where I am free to ignore anyone whose opinions I dislike and being forced to waste my precious golf time and money hearing some racist, sexist or other idiotic clap trap for 18 holes...

thank God that my course allows singles to play by themselves during non-busy times of day and season...to state the obvious, singles are faster players than any other grouping..and in IMO one of the very worst ideas prevelant in golf is the foursome...it's generally a human rain delay of guffawing clowns who slow down play like no other can....that's why you never see it on the pro tours...if the PGA thinks it slows play with professional golfers just imagine what it does with a bunch of half drunken sods flirting with the cart girl?

• Upvote 1

My story is solely in response to the topic of hitting into others that has been discussed already.

I was in a 4-man best ball tournament in November, and we were on the green on a par-5, and all of the sudden a ball lands a few yards short and right of the green. Never really endangered anyone, but it was a sort of WTF moment. We turn around and see the group behind is only about 140 yds out??!! What made this worse, is one of the players in the group was one of the pro-shop attendants at the very course we were playing on. (He's a complete dweeb, but still, you'd expect him to know better than to hit into a group on the green from so close). One of the guys in our group was in the Army and did a few tours in Iraq, so he's a fairly standard macho guy, and he was livid. He was pretty ready to go over and give the four of them a few lessons in close-quarters-combat. I can't remember what we did after that, but it sure was a weird moment. It's not like we were playing overly slow by any means, our pace was fine for a 4-man tournament. Completely uncalled for, and still has me scratching my head.

One day you'll hit into the wrong person and you might end up regretting it.  You never hit at other golfers, 20 yards is way too close. Their ignorance of the rules and proper etiquette is over shadowed by your ego and lack of concern for seriously hurting someone just because they didn't let you play through.

Casselberry has some short par 4s. Case in point, #12 is 320y. He gets in cart & drives away after hitting second shot. I hit drive. He gets to the green & there I am at my ball, 70 yards from the green while he's getting out of the cart to walk to the green. I basically was up his ass.

Joe Paradiso

Originally Posted by newtogolf

One day you'll hit into the wrong person and you might end up regretting it.  You never hit at other golfers, 20 yards is way too close. Their ignorance of the rules and proper etiquette is over shadowed by your ego and lack of concern for seriously hurting someone just because they didn't let you play through.

Thanks for your opinion.

I don't hit into people. I thought I made that clear. This was an isolated instance. I find it somewhat amusing that some of you take this one instance & try to paint me as some kind of unhinged egomaniac who wants to seriously injure people who don't do what I wish. You're wrong. Believe me or not. I really have gotten well past the point of caring anymore.

Look. I'm 53, and have played the game for 43 years. Never had a confrontation on the course. I think I'll keep doing things my way if it's all the same to you. And even if it's not, I still will, so we're pretty much done here. I shared my story & it's taken over the thread...I now regret even posting it in the first place.

So let's move on, ok? Some of you don't condone what I did. Understood. Thanks for the feedback y'all.

So let's move on, ok?

Agree, the horse is dead.

Yeah okay. You forcing yourself through would have resulted in no incident, but me reminding him of the rules was somehow not the correct approach.

Read my post again - I first established that he was starting his round on 10. I then explained he didn't have right-of-way since I was making the turn. He responded by ignoring me & driving away.

So I'm curious - at exactly at what point would you have 'politely' played through & assured no incident?

I handled it just fine. He was an a-hole.

He was one, so you became one?

Yes you did.  In another post you said he deserved to be hit into.  No one deserves to be hit into.

I'd much rather play on a course where that guy was playing than on one where you are playing.

Thanks for your opinion.

I don't hit into people. I thought I made that clear. This was an isolated instance. I find it somewhat amusing that some of you take this one instance & try to paint me as some kind of unhinged egomaniac who wants to seriously injure people who don't do what I wish. You're wrong. Believe me or not. I really have gotten well past the point of caring anymore.

Look. I'm 53, and have played the game for 43 years. Never had a confrontation on the course. I think I'll keep doing things my way if it's all the same to you. And even if it's not, I still will, so we're pretty much done here. I shared my story & it's taken over the thread...I now regret even posting it in the first place.

So let's move on, ok? Some of you don't condone what I did. Understood. Thanks for the feedback y'all.

Hey, I thought you said you were here all week.

Not so much fun when not one person agrees with you, is it?

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

Originally Posted by turtleback

Not so much fun when not one person agrees with you, is it?

I personally think the vilifying of him is being overdone, so I guess you could say I would be the lone person defending him.

Brandon

Originally Posted by turtleback

I'd much rather play on a course where that guy was playing than on one where you are playing.

Dude, you wouldn't even know I was there.

But luckily for both of us SoCal & Orlando are separated by about 2500 miles so the odds of me ruining your day are pretty remote.

You seem to be really good at posting my threads together & commenting on each. Which means you read them, so you caught where I asked for us to move on, right?

Therefore, if you got anything else to say to me drop me a PM. Which is unlikely, cuz you seem to want to prove to everyone here your smug superiority. I'm sure my inbox will remain unchanged.

Originally Posted by stogiesnbogies

Whether all those who oppose a gay marraige ammendment are homophobes or not( and many indeed are)  distracts from the fact that they are indeed against other people's civil rights...

Not necessarily. One can oppose gay marriage without being against same-sex civil unions that afford all the civil rights that married people have. I know many would say that such civil unions don't exist, but if true that's an issue with how the state defines civil unions, and not an indictment of those who prefer the word "marriage" to only apply to opposite-sex couples. The issue though is that same-sex couples want the word too, not just the civil rights.

Personally I'm not against same-sex marriage, I'm just saying that those who are aren't necessarily against others' civil rights.

Bill

Note: This thread is 4359 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!