IGNORED

What is your favourite shot to hit?

mosnas
Note: This thread is 4348 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

140 yard 8iron - its my favorite club, most accurate, and I really can hit it 130-150

:
Driver:  MachSpeed Black 10.5 Fukikura Motore Speeder shaft

1Hybrid: VR PRO 15* (replacing my 3wood with this) 

Hybrids:  Baffler 18*, DWS 20*, TWS 23*

5I-GW  Mx-19 

Wedges - 50.08/54.14/58.10 

Putter:iN Craz-e

Ball: Pro V1x or Callaway Tour i(z) 

Pured pin seeking 4i.  Also love the smooth wedge that goes exactly where I want it.  First one cause there aren't that many days where I really am on it with the long irons.  Second one cause I expect to hit wedges to 6 feet every time but of course don't, so it feels good when it feels like you're just tossing the ball right where you want it.

Really though, any shot that goes where I want it is my favorite!

Matt

Mid-Weight Heavy Putter
Cleveland Tour Action 60˚
Cleveland CG15 54˚
Nike Vapor Pro Combo, 4i-GW
Titleist 585h 19˚
Tour Edge Exotics XCG 15˚ 3 Wood
Taylormade R7 Quad 9.5˚

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

6ft putt that goes in.  Just long enough to make you sweat and sweet enough to make you win.  That is my favorite.

using my 64 degree wedge and flopping it over the pine tree right in front of me to land it on the green

After a bad tee shot it does not mean the hole is over, it means you have an opportunity to show what you are made of!

I wish I could still hit a flop shot consistently.  2 years ago I was good at it, now I blade it or hit it off the hosel 75% of the time.  Bunker shots too.  I fear I may be playing the ball too far back in my stance.

Anyway, my favorite shot is 3w off the deck, especially going for par 5s in two.  I have been swinging very well with that club lately.

Brandon

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

I absolutely love everything about a full swing flushed 3i. Off of my W/S blades this shot just feels and looks incredible. I often pull out my 3i for 2nd shots on par 5's just to experience it when I know a 5 wood will get me closer.

dak4n6

Originally Posted by Mr3Wiggle

Nice.  A 13 handicap that can bust an intentionally heeled shot 270 into a howling wind.  As far as 50 yards, that's my "oh crap" distance.  As in oh crap I should have laid back more or really gone for it.

My favorite shot is a well executed fade off the tee.

It works maybe 25% of the time that I try it.  I have really good hand eye coordination so I can hit the ball anywhere on the face its just a matter of getting the clubhead square when I make contact.  anything 60 yards in I expect to get a 3 putt, that is what I am trying to work on this year.

Also thank you for not accusing me of boosting my distance:)

Driver: RBZ 9.5° Stiff

Woods: :nike:VR_S Tour 2.0 15° Stiff

Hybrids:  910H 21° Stiff

Irons: 4-GW Pro Black CB1 with Project X rifle 6.0

Wedges:CC Jaws 56°.14° 60°.08°

Putter: Classic 1

Ball:  Z-Star XV Pure White

I have a few. A well struck full wedge where the chunk of grass goes flying and the ball lands on the green feels incredible. A nice drive will always make me feel good. But one of the most satisfying lately almost never happens but ive been working on my long irons and If i get them in the vacinity of where I want then Im a happy man. Also whenever I am trying to work some crazy hook or slice for a reason it makes me feel more confident that I can get out of sticky situations. I can hit my 3 wood 200 yards with a huge degree of slice to land me right back on the fairway on command.

Bag: Ogio Ozone XX

Driver: :titleist: 910 D2 (Project X 7A3)

3 Wood: :titleist: 910F ;(Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana 'ahina 82)

Hybrid: :titleist: 909H 19* (Diamana Blue)

Irons: :titleist: 755 3-P (Tri Spec Stiff Flex Steel)

Wedges: :titleist: (Vokey 52* 56* 60*)

Putter: Ping Karsten Anser 2

Balls: :titleist: Nxt tour/ Prov1x

one of my most memorable shots, which is also my favorite is an intentional very low, slicing punch with my 4-iron underneath low-lying trees. When you intentionally hit an abnormal shot you wouldn't normally do, it just feels awesome to see the outcome be what you wanted.

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

elevated blind second shot 3wood off the deck on a par 5 from 255 out to a plateau'd green to within 4 feet for eagle... or a baby fade 6 iron (off the deck.. i rarely tee up irons on the tee box) on a 186yard par 3 to within 3 inches.

My favorite shot to hit?

...............and putt that goes in the hole!!!!  Longer the better.......

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

A perfectly struck iron shot to kick in range.  The feeling of hitting a high quality golf shot only happens maybe a couple of times a round.

Brian

When you pure an iron so right that you never even feel the ball, and you know before you even look up that its headed right at the pin.  Especially when it's to an elevated green where you can't see the hole, so the whole time you're walking up, you're imagining that maybe, just maybe, it rolled in. It's shots like that that keep me coming back.

I love when the wind is straight is my face, I have to take an extra club or two to get it into the green. The ball has that low buzzing flight then it catches the wind, goes up like a rocket, and then dies  above the hole and falls straight down on top of the pin.

Note: This thread is 4348 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!