Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
carpediem4300

worst round of my life

18 posts in this topic

Currently on the 16th, i quit many holes ago after loosing 9 balls in a row,..hooking the crap out my irons and push slicing my driver Worst day ever......

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

When all else fails, shorten up that backswing.

If that doesn't work, drink heavily.

They call it "golf" because all the good four letter words were already taken.......

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I had about the worst day ever last weekend ... missing every single fairway by mere feet, forcing myself to overswing and chop out of 4" high brutal rough.     Totally takes the fun out of it.      Short game was the worst though - shanked the majority of my chip shots (never shank my irons) - I do this regularly, by far the most frustrating thing that has crept into my game lately - tried to correct it, but no success yet.     Putting atrocious.      I would chalk it up to just a bad day, but there's been more bad than good lately ...

Don't ya love it? I've been playing like crap also, the past two weekends. My short game went to hell in a handbasket.

Just prior to this, I thought my game was coming together, with some minor swing changes. And in an instant, everything goes to hell.

Man this game is hard....

Ive gone from shooting low 80's to what would possibly triple figures on.the front 9 before i called it a day and just caddied for my buddy,...he loved it though, just playing his shots with me getting everything for him, raking bunkers and tending the flag Every cloud haha I have a feeling i might of been standing.to close to.the ball hence hooking irons and slicing driver,...will have to be ip.mega early tomorrow to hit the range prior to my match

Get around the course playing two clubs longer and punching the ball.

Haha i would of done had i not lost all my golf balls,..my buddy wouldnt lend me amy as he only had prov1s, whoch is fair cus i cant afford to replace them!

Carpe, didn't you start a thread about pullhooking recently? Sounds like you're pretty much at the bottom, so there's nowhere to go but up. Just keep working and don't quit (actually, taking a week or two off could help)

I can relate because I'm just emerging from a 2 month long pullhook battle. I really had to fight hard this time. Made some major adjustments to my swing that were hard to get used to. I weakened up my left hand grip. I dramatically raised my plane - my hands are about the same height as the top of my head at the top. And, I'm firing my hips so it almost feels like I'm spinning out (but I'm really not), and really focusing on keeping my weight forward. The last few rounds I have been making great contact hitting baby draws and I only pulled a few here and there.

As we all know, this game is one of constant adjustments. You're never in a steady state. It's just that sometimes the adjustments are bigger and tougher than others.

LOL.  I thought the golf gods were just mad at me this past weekend.  I'm glad to see that I wasn't being singled out.

Carpe, didn't you start a thread about pullhooking recently? Sounds like you're pretty much at the bottom, so there's nowhere to go but up. Just keep working and don't quit (actually, taking a week or two off could help) I can relate because I'm just emerging from a 2 month long pullhook battle. I really had to fight hard this time. Made some major adjustments to my swing that were hard to get used to. I weakened up my left hand grip. I dramatically raised my plane - my hands are about the same height as the top of my head at the top. And, I'm firing my hips so it almost feels like I'm spinning out (but I'm really not), and really focusing on keeping my weight forward. The last few rounds I have been making great contact hitting baby draws and I only pulled a few here and there. As we all know, this game is one of constant adjustments. You're never in a steady state. It's just that sometimes the adjustments are bigger and tougher than others.

Indeedy,.....gone from shanking to hooking lol [quote name="Tomboys" url="/t/58483/worst-round-of-my-life#post_717763"]LOL.  I thought the golf gods were just mad at me this past weekend.  I'm glad to see that I wasn't being singled out.  [/quote] Haha thanks? Super hoping i can pull something out the bag for tomorrow else ill win nothing! Plus i dont want to lose another box of balls

One of my most indelible memories from days of yore (does anyone really say that?) was coming into pro shop and seeing the pro who hailed from Liverpool (this is in Virginia, mind you).  I commented.. "I just shot the worst round of my life..."..  He deadpanned... "No you haven't..." and calmly went on with his business.    He, of course, was right.  May you rest in peace, you old curmudgeon...

you think that's bad. Try shooting like a f*ckin' 126 in a tourney. *in dramatic voice* I am nothing.

Just smile....slow it down.....sing a song in your backswing (or whistle......it helps you breathe throughout your swing so you arent so "tight") and enjoy the rest of the day.  Beat yourself up on the driving range...not the course.

It happens. I never gamble on the course but my buddy and I did have a bet last weekend and I went out and shite my pants all over the course and shot my worst round in a long time. I lost the bet and now have to do something I shudder to think about the next time we play.

Well shot 94 today, 30 points, still hooking irons though...

Originally Posted by jetsknicks1

It happens. I never gamble on the course but my buddy and I did have a bet last weekend and I went out and shite my pants all over the course and shot my worst round in a long time. I lost the bet and now have to do something I shudder to think about the next time we play.

I don't ever play golf without gambling...maybe it is just my club but my regular 4-some always several bets / games going and everytime i have been paired as single or twosome with others...there are still always bets going. nothing crazy 5 or 10 dollar 3-ways with automatics, buck maybe 2 for skins. if you lose more than 50 bucks you had a really bad round.