IGNORED

2012 US Open at Olympic Club Discussion Thread

k-troop
Note: This thread is 4354 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by iacas

Early scores don't look good. The weather doesn't look great. Winning score could be +2. If it's wet and misty like this, and cool, staying out of the rough will be even more important since it'll get thick and heavy.

Tiger may have caught a break in that. Or it may be bad for him, too. Who knows?

I'm surprised nobody's mentioned how "Olympic Club" and "Olympia Fields" have the same root, and so obviously Furyk will win. (I'm not saying that he will, I'm surprised nobody's said that.)

Also, I'm going to make this LIVE very soon (by the time you read this):

http://thesandtrap.com/b/pga/2012_us_open_final_round_chat

You gotta think the tougher the conditions the better for Tiger's chances.

C'mon Erik - you know they won't reference the Olympic/Olympia link until we're reminded a thousand times about Lake Merced.

Originally Posted by zipazoid

until we're reminded a thousand times about Lake Merced.

I've been wondering if Lake Merced has any effect on the way the ball breaks.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

I really don't have Woods' situation in mind.  In my opinion, he will again be a non-factor.  His wins in majors came when he was a much different player than he is today, and came when he was in the lead at 54 holes.  He didn't win when he had to come from behind.

True, but people like Johnny Miller act like that's proof that he MUST be leading to win, as if he can't take the pressure of making up strokes, and that's just stupid. Tiger won from four back just a month ago. He needed to birdie the 18th hole to avoid losing on both the fourth and fifth days of the 2008 US Open, and he did it. He was behind DiMarco when play began on Sunday of the 2005 Masters, and he won. He's come from behind to win several majors; he just hasn't done it when he was behind after exactly 54 holes. And IMO the explanation is simple. It's not that he can't come from behind, it's just that if he is on his game, he doesn't have to. If Tiger is playing well, he's ahead after 54 holes. If he's not playing well, then he's still one of the best in the world, but he might need some help from the leaders to win. And if he has the bad luck to be a bit off his game when someone like Michael Campbell or Rich Beem has the week of his life, then he doesn't win. I think that at this stage of his comeback, and this far behind, he won't win today. But as he continues to iron out his weak spots, we might see his first "come from behind" major win at the Open or PGA. If he doesn't do it this year, he might not do it until 2020, because by next year, he'll be back to having majors in the bag by the third round.

Originally Posted by AmazingWhacker

I predict a playoff between Tiger and gmac with Tiger prevailing.

Please don't drink and drive today!

In My Bag:
Driver: :Cobra Amp Cell Pro 9.5*, Stock X-Flex

3 Wood: :Cobra Bio Cell 16*, Stock X-Flex

5 Wood: Cobra Bio Cell 20*, Stock S-Flex
Irons: Bridgestone J40-CB 3-PW, Project-X 6.0

Gap Wedge::Vokey: 52* CNC  

Sand Wedge: :Vokey: 58* CNC  

Putters: Scotty Cameron Newport II 

Ball: Bridgestone 330-S(2014)

4 over through 4 would be the worst start of the day so far. Not that Phil is doing much better.

Driver: Cobra 460SZ 9.0, med.
3 Wood: Taylor stiff
3-hybrid: Nike 18 deg stiff
4-hybrid:
Taylor RBZ 22 deg regular
Irons:5-9, Mizuno MP30, steel
Wedges: PW, 52, 56, 60 Mizuno MP30
Putter: Odyssey 2-ball

Anyone notice that they deliberately angled the camera away from Hosslers mom last night? Lots of internet buzz on that milf...

Colin P.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by xxsoultonesxx

Unless he starts slamming 5-Hour energy and pumping em 350...then it would be interesting.

Originally Posted by mtsalmela80

Hey Tiger if I want to see bogey golf I'll go tape myself.

lol...

Originally Posted by Harmonious

You might be right. Especially when he gets further behind after every hole.

He could play the next 13 holes at -10 and force a playoff.  Right?

Let's go Westwood!  He's the only horse I have left in this race.

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Anyone else here "esophogus" on lee westwood's tee shot

Driver: RBZ 9.5° Stiff

Woods: :nike:VR_S Tour 2.0 15° Stiff

Hybrids:  910H 21° Stiff

Irons: 4-GW Pro Black CB1 with Project X rifle 6.0

Wedges:CC Jaws 56°.14° 60°.08°

Putter: Classic 1

Ball:  Z-Star XV Pure White

My Talking Head take on the final pairing (Talking Head = someone who sounds good but doesn't really know any more than you do about what's going to happen).

McDowell - Has no one to challenge him (maybe Westood if he gets something going). Can only lose it.

Furyk - The grinder who will be there to win if McDowell loses it.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by WWBDD

Whoa ... Ernie.

Well his next tee ball just rolled back at him 30yds. or more that my friends sux!

WITB:

Taylormade R11 Driver

Taylormade RBZ 3 Wood

Tour Edge Exotics Trilogy #3 Hybrid

Tour Edge Exotics Trilogy #4 Hybrid

Taylormade Tour Preferred CB 5-PW

Cally Jaws X Series Wedges 50,54,58*

Ping I Series Putter 34"

Taylormade Penta Ball and TP Black LDP

Rain Gear and a bunch of other crap

Note: This thread is 4354 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!