IGNORED

2012 US Open at Olympic Club Discussion Thread

k-troop
Note: This thread is 4476 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Did Bubba really expect that super-slice on 7 to work any different than yesterday? Lucky it kicked into the bunker. Good grief. Phil hit a terrific shot, and Tiger got a bit unlucky that it caught the bunker, and lucky that it rolled down. Birdie attempts for all.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

What do we think the cut is going to be?  +7 perhaps??  Looks like its at +6 right now I think.

They were predicting +8 earlier.

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Originally Posted by bplewis24

They were predicting +8 earlier.

It's 60 and ties, right?  It's still comfortably at +6 but there are still 25 or so guys at +4, +5 and +6 with a lot of holes left to play.  7 of them need to fall back to +7 to get it there, and 17 of them need to fall back to +8 to get it there.

They discussed last night on TGC that they have no 10 shot rule and that many players were quite surprised to find that out.

Originally Posted by Elvisliveson

Who cares about Tiger right now, THERE IS A 17 YEAR OLD TIED FOR THE LEAD!

Tiger is a lot more entertaining to watch than a 17 year old that is probably not even going to be in the top 10 on Sunday.

I'm wondering how an amateur can possibly be leading the US Open, and then they showed his mom, and she looks like a slightly older version of Elin. You don't suppose Tiger knew her 17 years ago?

Originally Posted by brocks

I'm wondering how an amateur can possibly be leading the US Open, and then they showed his mom, and she looks like a slightly older version of Elin. You don't suppose Tiger knew her 17 years ago?

Just got to see the kid for the first time (Just been watching usopen.com following Tiger's group all afternoon) and am wondering if anybody noticed his putter?  It's clearly longer, but doesn't look like it gets to his belly.  It looks like its a hair short of touching up against his belt buckle.  I've not seen that before.

Originally Posted by zipazoid

Looks like Hossler's 15 minutes of fame is over.

But they can keep showing his HAWT mom.

LMAO I was checking his mom out too, not too bad.

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha 10.5* 

3WD:  Callaway Big Bertha 15* / X2 Hot H4 Hybrid
Irons:  Callaway Apex 4-PW Project X 5.5 shafts

Wedges: Callaway MackDaddy 2  52/58
Putter: Odyessey Metal X Milled 1

Looks like Hossler's 15 minutes of fame is over.

But they can keep showing his HAWT mom.

What makes me sad is that his 15 minutes of fame made him more money than I will in a year.  But I could live with more shots of his mom.

Driver: RBZ 9.5° Stiff

Woods: :nike:VR_S Tour 2.0 15° Stiff

Hybrids:  910H 21° Stiff

Irons: 4-GW Pro Black CB1 with Project X rifle 6.0

Wedges:CC Jaws 56°.14° 60°.08°

Putter: Classic 1

Ball:  Z-Star XV Pure White

How about Tiger, fighting back to EVEN for the day and coming up on two par-5s.

I haven't watched a single shot of this tournament yet.  Really looking forward to tomorrow.  Work has been BRUTAL for the last two weeks.

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

Originally Posted by mosnas

What makes me sad is that his 15 minutes of fame made him more money than I will in a year.  But I could live with more shots of his mom.

He's an amateur. He's not making a cent this week.

He's an amateur. He's not making a cent this week.

I believe he CAN accept the cash and officially go pro. But I doubt he will, as he is more than likely looking at a scholarchip to the NCAA school of his choice.

In the Ogio Kingpin bag:

Titleist 913 D2 9.5* w/ UST Mamiya ATTAS 3 80 w/ Harrison Shotmaker & Billy Bobs afternarket Hosel Adaptor (get this if you don't have it for your 913)
Wilson Staff Ci-11 4-GW (4I is out of the bag for a hybrid, PW and up were replaced by Edel Wedges)
TaylorMade RBZ 5 & 3 Fairway Woods

Cobra Baffler T-Rail 3 & 4 Hybrids

Edel Forged 48, 52, 56, 60, and 64* wedges (different wedges for different courses)

Seemore Si-4 Black Nickel Putter

Originally Posted by k-troop

How about Tiger, fighting back to EVEN for the day and coming up on two par-5s.

I haven't watched a single shot of this tournament yet.  Really looking forward to tomorrow.  Work has been BRUTAL for the last two weeks.

He hit a great drive on the first par 5, and it looks like he may be going for the green in two from about 280 yards.  I wish he would lay up, though.  Long and left is a no-no.

Bubba is about 17 yards behind Tiger, and is going driver off the deck again.

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Note: This thread is 4476 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!