IGNORED

The Best (worst) Spelling and Grammar Errors Thread

dak4n6

That has to be a fairly sophisticated troll. It's too perfect.

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Originally Posted by Clambake

I was just thinking the same thing when I read that thread!    Ignoring the many grammatical errors, one of the things I think hilarious is that he thinks being on the Do Not Call Register is supposed to prevent someone from putting flyers on his windshield.    Another fine product of our public school systems......

LOL, you beat me to the punch! I took too long proof reading my post! LMAO, gotta be pretty vigilant with the proof reading when you post in this thread!

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Originally Posted by Ernest Jones

Ha, I literally just read that post!

I like how he wants us to know that he goes to the "high end" church but oddly enough he still shops at kmart! Does he actually think being on the National don't call-list would somehow prevent people from putting flyers on his car window??????

lol I just asked him that, couldn't help myself, yeah probably a sophisticated troll who likes erotic low end ballz

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Just for fun, I went back and read some of his other posts.   They all would easily make it to this thread, but here's one of my little favorites:

Prolly wouldn't even help.  Also, I just read the first sentence of your post.  I plan on reading the rest on my lunch break.

Apparently reading more than one sentence at a time requires blocking out some time on his calendar.    That's pushing time management skills to the limit!

Two things: I love how he calls it the "don't call me list" (seems like there should be a "bro" in there somewhere), and who would make knock-off Dunlop golf balls? That's like making knock-off generic ibuprofen. Also, how does someone like that afford a chiropractor? Thanks a lot Obama.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

LMAO, I just clued into who this guy is! It's the guy with the badass uncle! Yeah, his stuff is gold.

Yours in earnest, Jason.

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Originally Posted by jamo

Two things: I love how he calls it the "don't call me list" (seems like there should be a "bro" in there somewhere), and who would make knock-off Dunlop golf balls? That's like making knock-off generic ibuprofen.

Also, how does someone like that afford a chiropractor? Thanks a lot Obama.

Apparently it is a church/chiropractic office. The priest/minister must be licensed and do work pro-bono for his flock.

This newest Gilberg post was really sublime...

dak4n6

• Administrator

Two things: I love how he calls it the "don't call me list" (seems like there should be a "bro" in there somewhere), and who would make knock-off Dunlop golf balls? That's like making knock-off generic ibuprofen.

I saw that in a store.

It's called I B Proofen.

This guy needs some I B Proofreadin'.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I'm just catching up on the Gilberg saga, didn't see these posts in Dec, very entertaining.

http://thesandtrap.com/t/63692/dunlop-13-driver-beware#post_791876

Originally Posted by Gilberg

My cousin (not legally but we are basically family) just dropped a few bucks on the new Dunlop 13 C- driver.  He is a hellova golfer but he gets scammed real eazy.  He was a Big-Oh the other day and pick up a couple wide-body Appalachian Ridge tires for his Geep and they offered to throw in the new Dunlop 13 C-, no strings attached.  He took the bait (yeah, I know), but when he went to the range he instantly lost about 1-2 yards of his tee shot.  Needless to say, he was pissed out of his mind and tried to return it.  But they would take it back since it was free and because they said they didn't have enough room for it.  So he is probably going to pop it up on ebay, so beware, cause it would most likely reduce your total driving statistic.

Don't worry about seeing that driver on ebay anytime soon.  We went back up their with my uncle and we insisted a little harder at them to take it back, not threating at all, but my uncle is nobody to be messed with and I am sure they "got it".  They said they would take it back and they only charged him a $10 restocking fee (they said it was normally like $20).  I actually kinda liked it, does anyone know where I could pick a 13 C- or a C?

Mike McLoughlin

I saw that in a store. It's called I B Proofen. This guy needs some I B Proofreadin'.

Heh. :-p [quote name="mvmac" url="/t/59498/the-best-worst-spelling-and-grammar-errors-thread/180#post_810661"]I'm just catching up on the Gilberg saga, didn't see these posts in Dec, very entertaining. [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/t/63692/dunlop-13-driver-beware#post_791876]http://thesandtrap.com/t/63692/dunlop-13-driver-beware#post_791876[/URL] [/quote] My favorite line is: "My cousin (not legally but we are basically family)..."

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

My favorite line is: "My cousin (not legally but we are basically family)..."

Yeah that was a good one Also the post with him and his Aunt in the golf talent show was great, " not sure sure if it is the same course, but it sounds like it from your description."

Mike McLoughlin

Originally Posted by mvmac

I'm just catching up on the Gilberg saga, didn't see these posts in Dec, very entertaining.

http://thesandtrap.com/t/63692/dunlop-13-driver-beware#post_791876

Quote:

My cousin (not legally but we are basically family) just dropped a few bucks on the new Dunlop 13 C- driver.  He is a hellova golfer but he gets scammed real eazy.  He was a Big-Oh the other day and pick up a couple wide-body Appalachian Ridge tires for his Geep and they offered to throw in the new Dunlop 13 C-, no strings attached.  He took the bait (yeah, I know), but when he went to the range he instantly lost about 1-2 yards of his tee shot.  Needless to say, he was pissed out of his mind and tried to return it.  But they would take it back since it was free and because they said they didn't have enough room for it.  So he is probably going to pop it up on ebay, so beware, cause it would most likely reduce your total driving statistic.

Pop Quiz

Since this is the spelling & grammar thread, it seems appropriate to ask here:  how would "Geep" be pronounced?  Hard G or soft G? I have the final say on this since I asked the question and therefore am all-knowing on this subject.

Edit: I actually looked it up and turns out I'm correct anyway .

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Pop Quiz Since this is the spelling & grammar thread, it seems appropriate to ask here:  how would "Geep" be pronounced?  Hard G or soft G? I have the final say on this since I asked the question and therefore am all-knowing on this subject. Edit: I actually looked it up and turns out I'm correct anyway a1_smile.gif .

Pretty sure the "p" is silent. Also, I didn't notice this earlier, but this guy is pissed that a free driver(!) that they threw in with his snow tires(!!) lost him a whole 1-2 yards(!!!). :loco: I would take that deal and run.

In my bag:

Pretty sure the "p" is silent. Also, I didn't notice this earlier, but this guy is pissed that a free driver(!) that they threw in with his snow tires(!!) lost him a whole 1-2 yards(!!!). :loco: I would take that deal and run.

[quote name="jamo" url="/t/59498/the-best-worst-spelling-and-grammar-errors-thread/210#post_810738"] Pretty sure the "p" is silent. Also, I didn't notice this earlier, but this guy is pissed that a free driver(!) that they threw in with his snow tires(!!) lost him a whole 1-2 yards(!!!). :loco: I would take that deal and run.[/quote] Best part is at the end where the OP laments that he actually liked the driver his cousin returned and wanted to know if anyone knew where he could find one cheap. LOL. RE: Geeps, actually the name Jeep came from the old WW1 General Purpose vehicles which were the ancestors to today's Jeeps. The were called GPs for short which was eventually bastardized to Jeep.

Yours in earnest, Jason.

Way to many good lines to pick one, but how about the ten dollar restock fee. (Normally like twenty, but his uncle was such a badazz)

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

I just read through that thread.  I apparently miss a lot of good threads during golf's off-season.  Pretty funny though, the guy's non-uncle paid $10 to give back a free driver and then he (OP) asked where he could pick up said driver for cheap, since he ended up liking it.  You can't make that stuff up...or can you?

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Originally Posted by bplewis24

You can't make that stuff up...or can you?

It's either very clever writing with a great ability to stay in character throughout the different threads, or a crystal clear reason for chlorinating the gene pool.

• Upvote 2