The Best (worst) Spelling and Grammar Errors Thread

dak4n6

Originally Posted by mvmac

Just got a visit from FexEx....

A new parcel company?

Best Regards,
Ryan

In the :ogio: bag:
:nike: VR-S Covert Tour Driver 10.5 :nike: VR-S Covert Tour 3W :titleist: 712U 21*
:nike: VR Pro Blades 4-PW :vokey: Vokeys 52*, 56* & 60* :scotty_cameron: Studio Select Newport 2
:leupold:
:true_linkswear: 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Originally Posted by Ernest Jones

Bonus points for using the phrase, "I, personally."

Nothing wrong with the owner of a garage saying to a disgruntled customer that he changed the brake pads "personally", so the customer knows who did it, not just "I" or "we" as in someone at the business.  Or the bank manager saying "I personally made the transfer for you" as a way of demonstrating accountability.

As for people saying "I personally own a Vokey wedge" or "I personally picked up an RBZ Stage 2 last week" or "I personally think that my putting causes my scores to blow out".......nah.

But this is nothing compared to the ubiquitous "going forward", which has quite rightfully bcome a complete joke in business and has migrated to everyday speech - even this bloody forum!

Someone wrote the other day that they went to Bettinardi's and were treated so well that they will use no other brand "going forward". AARRRGHHH

I don't want to be playing bullshit bingo in a golfing forum, let a lone a business meeting, so let's just stick with "from now on". Worked in the past, continues to work.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Originally Posted by Shorty

Not

I don't want to be playing bullshit bingo in a golfing forum, let a lone a business meeting, so let's just stick with "from now on". Worked in the past, continues to work.

That's let alone, not "let a lone" :-)

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

I'll ignore that going forward. ;-)

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

I let a loan I made to a friend go un-repaid.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Originally Posted by hacker101

MVMAC great looking hates could you PM me the info i will pay right away.

Thanks so much.

I could always use a good hate when I'm golfing.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

What about the posters who never learned to use paragraphs (example below)?   It makes the read very difficult.  Reminds me of trying to read Robinson Crusoe .  When I see this, I usually read the first couple of sentences only.

http://thesandtrap.com/t/67258/evolution-and-statistics-of-a-beginning-golfer#post_855135

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Originally Posted by boogielicious

What about the posters who never learned to use paragraphs (example below)?   It makes the read very difficult.  Reminds me of trying to read Robinson Crusoe.  When I see this, I usually read the first couple of sentences only.

http://thesandtrap.com/t/67258/evolution-and-statistics-of-a-beginning-golfer#post_855135

Ahh, yes, the "wall of text."  Perfect example of it, right there.

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Originally Posted by boogielicious

What about the posters who never learned to use paragraphs (example below)?   It makes the read very difficult.  Reminds me of trying to read Robinson Crusoe.  When I see this, I usually read the first couple of sentences only.

Off topic but how do you link to a specific post in a thread?

Colin P.

Originally Posted by colin007

Off topic but how do you link to a specific post in a thread?

Top right corner of any post is a link to the post with the post number.  Yours says post #459, mine should say post #460.

post # 160

ah, good to know. I always wondered how people did this. Odd that it showed up as "post #160" instead of the code...the first time I tried it looked different...

Yours in earnest, Jason.

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Originally Posted by Ernest Jones

post #160

ah, good to know. I always wondered how people did this. Odd that it showed up as "post #160" instead of the code...the first time I tried it looked different...

It probably recognized the hyperlink and formatted it as if you used the "Link" option when formatting a reply.

• Administrator
Originally Posted by bplewis24

It probably recognized the hyperlink and formatted it as if you used the "Link" option when formatting a reply.

Yeah the rich text editor here tries to copy and paste formatted text. Links are formatted text.

For example:

Recent Discussions

or

14-2 . Assistance

a . Physical Assistance and Protection from Elements

A player must not make a stroke while accepting physical assistance or protection from the elements.

b . Positioning of Caddie or Partner Behind Ball

A player must not make a stroke with his caddie , his partner or his partner’s caddie positioned on or close to an extension of the line of play or line of putt behind the ball.

Exception: There is no penalty if the player’s caddie , his partner or his partner’s caddie is inadvertently located on or close to an extension of the line of play or line of putt behind the ball.

PENALTY FOR BREACH OF RULE 14-1 Or 14-2 :

Match play – Loss of hole; Stroke play – Two strokes.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• Administrator
Originally Posted by zipazoid

Picture the sound…

Uhm…

Did I do it right?

Nothing wrong with the owner of a garage saying to a disgruntled customer that he changed the brake pads "personally", so the customer knows who did it, not just "I" or "we" as in someone at the business.  Or the bank manager saying "I personally made the transfer for you" as a way of demonstrating accountability.

As for people saying "I personally own a Vokey wedge" or "I personally picked up an RBZ Stage 2 last week" or "I personally think that my putting causes my scores to blow out".......nah.

But this is nothing compared to the ubiquitous "going forward", which has quite rightfully bcome a complete joke in business and has migrated to everyday speech - even this bloody forum!

Someone wrote the other day that they went to Bettinardi's and were treated so well that they will use no other brand "going forward". AARRRGHHH

My new "favorite" is "at the end of the day."  (And by favorite, I mean the cliche that annoys me the most, these days)

Originally Posted by cipher

Happy Farher's day BTW.

I almost feel bad mocking someone's well wishes to me but, eh...all's fair in cyberspace!

And I'll take this opportunity to wish all my fellow trapper's (with children) a HAPPY FARHER'S DAY.

Yours in earnest, Jason.

I could edit that and pretend it never happened, but I am just going to leave it. Classic! Think I might be posting on the iPhone this morning?
  • Upvote 1

Nate

:tmade:(11.5) :touredge:(2H) MIURA MB-101(3-PW) :mizuno:(52/56/60)

:odyssey: :snell: 

I could edit that and pretend it never happened, but I am just going to leave it. Classic! Think I might be posting on the iPhone this morning?

Just say you were trying to be the Dutch dude from the Austin powers movies. Happy fasha's day! "Sorry, I don't speak freaky deeky Dutch"