IGNORED

The Best (worst) Spelling and Grammar Errors Thread

dak4n6

Get a load of this. @david_wedzik found it near Philadelphia.

Let's concern ourselves with just the blue sign.

How many errors do you see (all caps is not one of them… we'll let that one go, just as we'll let the + ampersand thingy go)?

I see at least six depending on how picky you want to be.

Bold/Red are corrections:

PLEASE LISTEN

FOR YOUR NAME +

DON ' T W A NDER TO O FAR .

IF YOUR NAME IS CALLED

AND YOU ' R E NOT HERE , YOU

NEED TO RE - SIGN THE LIST .

Who the hell wrote that? Wow...

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Get a load of this. @david_wedzik found it near Philadelphia.

Let's concern ourselves with just the blue sign.

How many errors do you see (all caps is not one of them… we'll let that one go, just as we'll let the + ampersand thingy go)?

I see at least six depending on how picky you want to be.

I'm guessing it's a Chinese restaurant. I live in a pretty Asian rich community and I always laugh when I see signs like that in front of restaurants and grocery stores.

Best Regards,
Ryan

In the :ogio: bag:
:nike: VR-S Covert Tour Driver 10.5 :nike: VR-S Covert Tour 3W :titleist: 712U 21*
:nike: VR Pro Blades 4-PW :vokey: Vokeys 52*, 56* & 60* :scotty_cameron: Studio Select Newport 2
:leupold:
:true_linkswear: 

Bold/Red are corrections:

PLEASE LISTEN

FOR YOUR NAME +

DON'T WANDER TOO FAR.

IF YOUR NAME IS CALLED

AND YOU'RE NOT HERE, YOU

NEED TO RE-SIGN THE LIST.

Who the hell wrote that? Wow...

I'm guessing @saevel25 ???? :beer:

I kid, I kid!!!!!! ;-)

I'm guessing @saevel25 ????

I kid, I kid!!!!!!

HA!! Phunny!

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

I'm guessing @saevel25 ????

I kid, I kid!!!!!!

The only way I can contract my grammar services out is to local Chinese places, because their English happens to be worst than mine O:)

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Move to the second tee (much more forgiving tee shot) and I tense up and often pull my drive left. It is defiantly a "mindset" thing.

He definitely didn't mean defiantly.

Yours in earnest, Jason.

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

The only way I can contract my grammar services out is to local Chinese places, because their English happens to be worst than mine

I think it's technically "worst-er" than yours. ;)

But credit is due, because at least you know to correctly capitalize Chinese ... unlike some people. :whistle:

What good is a long level on a surface that irregardless of slope is not flat and can often have crowns and bowls? It is not a table top tilted at an angle, that is why gathering information from a smaller area is effective. The system works, spend the money and become a better putter or don't and stay the same.

@cipher ,

I was visiting DC with my wife and we went to watch the SCOTUS in action.  One lawyer was making a point and used, "irregardless" in her argument.  Justice Rehnquist stopped her dead in her tracks.  "That is not a word.  The word is regardless .  There is no such word as irregardless ."  The lawyer was so flustered, she stumbled through the rest of her argument.

• Upvote 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

@cipher,

I was visiting DC with my wife and we went to watch the SCOTUS in action.  One lawyer was making a point and used, "irregardless" in her argument.  Justice Rehnquist stopped her dead in her tracks.  "That is not a word.  The word is regardless.  There is no such word as irregardless."  The lawyer was so flustered, she stumbled through the rest of her argument.

Yeah, that one perplexes me.  It's quite common, but I don't understand how it started.  I even used to use it all of the time, but have finally curbed the habit.

One thing that's always bugged me, but it's not a grammar error, is people using the word "utilize."  Yes it's a word, but its just a fancy, longer version of 'use.'  I don't like using 'fluff' and I consider that word to be fluff.

Yeah, that one perplexes me.  It's quite common, but I don't understand how it started.  I even used to use it all of the time, but have finally curbed the habit.

One thing that's always bugged me, but it's not a grammar error, is people using the word "utilize."  Yes it's a word, but its just a fancy, longer version of 'use.'  I don't like using 'fluff' and I consider that word to be fluff.

A wide spectrum of word utilization :beer: makes writing less boring to read.

Actually Irregardless is a word. It is just another way of saying regardless. It is probably due with the entomology of the two words. Maybe one culture had an different way of saying regardless and it just transferred over to English.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

Irregardless is a ridiculous "word".

It literally means..."without without regard". Nice double negative...it's like irrespectiveless. Doesn't make sense, does it?

I hate when people use it. Same with "I could care less." REALLY? How much less could you care?

/rant

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

Irregardless is a ridiculous "word".

It literally means..."without without regard". Nice double negative...it's like irrespectiveless. Doesn't make sense, does it?

I hate when people use it. Same with "I could care less." REALLY? How much less could you care?

/rant

Ha Ha. Yeah that one really irks me. Here's another classic from the maritimes, "well it's the same difference".

Example:

Amy: I Like Pepsi

Lisa: I like Coke

Sandra: Well, It's the same difference!

Ernest: :hmm:

Yours in earnest, Jason.

Ha Ha. Yeah that one really irks me. Here's another classic from the maritimes, "well it's the same difference".

Example:

Amy: I Like Pepsi

Lisa: I like Coke

Sandra: Well, It's the same difference!

Ernest:

I remember when I first started hearing this.  I want to say high school (so late 80's, early 90's) and I was just like you when I first heard it.  Huh??  What does that mean??  Sounds like ... the difference between Coke and Pepsi is the same as the difference between Pepsi and Coke.  I completely agree!

Anyways ... it was high school, so my choices were to correct them and be an outcast, or just start saying it even if it doesn't make sense.  I chose B.  (High school sucked regardless ... should've chosen A ;))

This one doesn't bother me that much.  It's obviously wrong, and I would never write it this way, but saying it this way is so common and it sounds a lot more like people just talking fast than them being stupid.  No biggie.

Show of hands ... who here tries to emphasize the word "another" by accidentally saying things like "Well, that's a whole Nuther story?"  I realized it recently (last year or so) and am trying to delete that nonsense from my vocabulary.  ;)

Anyways ... it was high school, so my choices were to correct them and be an outcast, or just start saying it even if it doesn't make sense.  I chose B.  (High school sucked regardless ... should've chosen A ;))

You should have just punched them in the face, I hear you're good at that.

That's right asshat, I remember EVERYTHING that happens on this forum!

:banana:

Yours in earnest, Jason.

It is probably due with the entomology of the two words.

That would be one theory. :)

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

Etymology oops ;)

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

It is probably due with the entomology of the two words.

I think they have a case at the end of the grocery isle.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7