IGNORED

Do yellow balls perform the same as white?

Note: This thread is 4306 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by sean_miller

Yellow balls are easier to spot because they tend to be closest to the tee box after everyone's finished teeing off..

True, but blue balls are always the closest when you almost tee off, but not quite. They are prevalent during rained out rounds and when majors are being played.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I play the Titleist DT Solo, and about a month ago bought a box of the yellow ones on a whim.  They perform identically, no loss of distance off the tee, and they spin and act the same on the green.  I can definitely see them better, and it's really easy to pick mine out quickly from the others.  I wear a pair of Maxx Cinco HD lens glasses when playing and they really jump out big time when wearing them.

I play yellow DT SoLo's as well and I completely agree. The lost ball count has dropped drastically since switching. Partially I believe because they perform better for me so they tend to go more where I want and partially because they do stand out when I do have a random shot go off in no mans land.

910 D2 10.5  910F 3w  910H 19*

712 AP1 4-GW  Vokey SM4 54* and 58*

Select Golo  E5

Originally Posted by nogoodatthis

Your supposed to be able to see the color better. That's why the majority of softballs are yellow now.

Generally yes, with the thicker rough due to all the recent rain and early morning sun, I have had to switch to white balls while playing when I am missing fairways in the morning.

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I played the final few holes of a charity event with a pink Pinnacle that I borrowed from the lady in our foursome. My eyes are not tuned to follow a pink ball. Everybody else had no problem pointing out where "Outlander's pink ball landed".

I was given a box of yellow balls, I will try them some time to see if they stand out in the pond any better than the white ones.

Someone gave me a yellow ball last year and I immediately drove it into a patch of dandelions, never did find it...

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

I think the only difference is most of us can see the yellow ball better than a white one. I play the Srixon Q Star (yellow) and it performs the same as the white version.  I have also tried both white and yellow NXT Tour S and can't tell the difference in performance.

Butch

while buying a TM superfast 4 wood ($90 ) yesterday i saw they had the Srixon trispeed yellow balls 2 for $35. i found one of these in the woods last week  and liked it so im stocked up. for me the yellow balls make a huge difference. played the same ball all round last time i played even when i drove the ball O.B. on two difference holes i was able to find it.

I play Srixon Z-Star XVs in both colors. The yellow balls are definitely easier to track in the sky and find on the ground for me. The durability on the yellow balls seem better as well, they don't seem to scuff as easily (or at least don't show it as much).

In the Ogio Chamber Cart Bag w/ Ogio X4 Synergy Push Cart: Driver: Adams Super LS 7.5* w/ Harrison Striper H2 60x Fairway: Adams Tight Lies 16* Fairway Wood w/ Harrison Mugen Black 70x Irons: Adams Idea Pro Black CB1 Irons w/ Project X 6.0 Flighted Steel Shafts (3-PW) Wedges: Yururi Raw Gekku w/ Project X 6.0 Flighted Steel Shafts (53, 57, & 61) Putter: Never Compromise Gambler Straight Ball: Srixon Z-Star/Z-Star XV Tour Yellow GPS: Garmin Approach G6 Shoes: True Linkswear

When are we going to stop judging balls by their color instead of the content of their rubber?  All of the prejudice and stereotyping in this thread is disturbing.

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

When are we going to stop judging balls by their color instead of the content of their rubber?  All of the prejudice and stereotyping in this thread is disturbing. ;-)

And no one has even brought up orange balls yet!

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

Originally Posted by TourSpoon

I think we can be prejudiced against orange since no *real* manufacturer makes them

Follow me on twitter

Originally Posted by meenman

Quote:

Originally Posted by TourSpoon

I think we can be prejudiced against orange since no *real* manufacturer makes them

They sure sold a lot of orange Titleists in the 80s.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

*makes* not *made*

Follow me on twitter

That was just a phase they went through.

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

• Administrator
Originally Posted by bplewis24

That was just a phase they went through.

I think they were trying to appeal to the pot smoking segment. Marijuana is tightly woven into the fabric of the game of golf, you know.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Originally Posted by meenman

Bridgestone does...

In the Ogio Chamber Cart Bag w/ Ogio X4 Synergy Push Cart: Driver: Adams Super LS 7.5* w/ Harrison Striper H2 60x Fairway: Adams Tight Lies 16* Fairway Wood w/ Harrison Mugen Black 70x Irons: Adams Idea Pro Black CB1 Irons w/ Project X 6.0 Flighted Steel Shafts (3-PW) Wedges: Yururi Raw Gekku w/ Project X 6.0 Flighted Steel Shafts (53, 57, & 61) Putter: Never Compromise Gambler Straight Ball: Srixon Z-Star/Z-Star XV Tour Yellow GPS: Garmin Approach G6 Shoes: True Linkswear

Note: This thread is 4306 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!