IGNORED

TheSandTrap Golf Outing?

Beachcomber
Note: This thread is 4315 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Would you be interested in attending an annual TheSandTrap Golf Tournament?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe - it depends on price, location and timing

There seems to be some real interest here. Maybe one of the mods can set up a series of live chats, seperated by regions to see if it's actually doable?

my get up and go musta got up and went..

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Mr3Wiggle

I wouldn't worry about it.  It's all about having fun for me.  Now that I think of it.  Greystone would be a terrible place to play.  Owned by the county.  No beer on the premises.  Something in that area though.

Another option along those lines would be Glen Mills.  Fantastic course in just across the DE/PA border.

Or something further west.  I'd love to play at Gettysburg.

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

Sounds like the response is overwhelmingly positive for the idea, but the logistics would be difficult & understandably so.

Here's an idea -

Every March I meet some old friends of mine in Charleston, SC for 4 days of golf. Most of them are from Akron, Oh. I come up from Orlando, others come from Key West, Atlanta, etc. The organizer is able to arrange an extremely reasonable package with a local hotel - this year it was only $420 for four night's lodging & four rounds of golf. Replays were like $20 if anyone wanted to for an extra 18. If we follow this model something could be arranged that is reasonably priced.

And here's my suggestion for a location - Myrtle Beach. TONS of courses & TONS of hotels. I'd be willing to bet there are some pretty great deals out there as the resorts trip over each other for our business. It doesn't hurt to have the Atlantic Ocean right there too for something to do outside of golf. And Myrtle has a bunch of great restaurants, golf shops (strip clubs hehe), sports bars, etc.

As far as time of year, I would suggest the fall, like October. The weather cools down & hurricane season is pretty much over.

So something like a 4-night package, day one is play wherever you want, days 2, 3, 4 we have some team events.

Thoughts?

Originally Posted by zipazoid

Sounds like the response is overwhelmingly positive for the idea, but the logistics would be difficult & understandably so.

Here's an idea -

Every March I meet some old friends of mine in Charleston, SC for 4 days of golf. Most of them are from Akron, Oh. I come up from Orlando, others come from Key West, Atlanta, etc. The organizer is able to arrange an extremely reasonable package with a local hotel - this year it was only $420 for four night's lodging & four rounds of golf. Replays were like $20 if anyone wanted to for an extra 18. If we follow this model something could be arranged that is reasonably priced.

And here's my suggestion for a location - Myrtle Beach. TONS of courses & TONS of hotels. I'd be willing to bet there are some pretty great deals out there as the resorts trip over each other for our business. It doesn't hurt to have the Atlantic Ocean right there too for something to do outside of golf. And Myrtle has a bunch of great restaurants, golf shops (strip clubs hehe), sports bars, etc.

As far as time of year, I would suggest the fall, like October. The weather cools down & hurricane season is pretty much over.

So something like a 4-night package, day one is play wherever you want, days 2, 3, 4 we have some team events.

Thoughts?

Myrtle Beach is awesome. We did a 3 day, 4 round outing in the Litchfield Beach area a few years ago and it was only about $350.00 pp.

my get up and go musta got up and went..

Originally Posted by Kapanda

Be all for it, but I don't think I'd realistically be able to make one.

Think I'm one of the very few around the capital area, so the tourney would probably be organised elsewhere.

JETSKNICKS1

I think for something like this to work, there would need to be a series of regional outings. I live about an hour from Orlando and some of the best courses around. If there was something done in the Orlando area, I'd defly be interested.

Count me in the regional golf outing. I'm close to the same area as Jetsknicks1 (Jacksonville) and would LOVE to meet up with Trappers in the same area for a round of golf and drinks.Heck I've even played in Sunday tournys at Summer Glen and spent the rest of the day at Mic's 19th Hole so Orlando would be too bad a treck.

I spent 4 days in orlando and played every day. Definitely a good golf location. But i will also say that i live around some of the finest courses in this region. I would travel 4 hours to play though.

Originally Posted by jamo

Some people tried to set that up a few years ago. Search "Sand Trap Open" or something like that, and it'll come up. It didn't really ever get off the ground, but by all means, go for it.

If there's anyone in the Boston area...

Anytime you want to play.

The best way to get it going would be to set up region specific threads, I think.

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

I'm game.

For upstate (central) NY, a natural choice for venue would be Turning Stone.  I'd splurge on greens fees for a "special occasion" golf outing as long at it's not the Atunyote course where the greens fees are a little out of my price range.

Driver:  Callaway Diablo Octane iMix 11.5*
Fairway: Cobra Baffler Rail F 3W & 7W
Irons:  Wilson Ci
Wedges:  Acer XB (52* & 56*)
Putter:  Cleveland Classic #10 with Winn Jumbo Pistol Grip

Originally Posted by jetsknicks1

Myrtle Beach is awesome. We did a 3 day, 4 round outing in the Litchfield Beach area a few years ago and it was only about $350.00 pp.

That's where I'll be in October.

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Originally Posted by zipazoid

Here's an idea -

Thoughts?

I like this idea except that bold part makes me a tad uneasy.

Originally Posted by RPMPIRE

BeachComber is in Orange County, you and I are in the Bay Area, MVMAC is also in San Diego. I'm in for a West Coast outing. Let's meet halfway and golf Pebble

This idea seems the most reasonable - well, not Pebble itself, but there are plenty of Monterey area courses that aren't $500 - or something like Palm Springs.

We could do a regional tournaments (NE, SW, NW, SW, Central South, Central North) with the winners meeting someplace for the ST Golfer of the Year award.  I'd of course have no chance winning, but it would be a fun community event that would give us all a chance to compete and meet each other.

Joe Paradiso

Originally Posted by newtogolf

We could do a regional tournaments (NE, SW, NW, SW, Central South, Central North) with the winners meeting someplace for the ST Golfer of the Year award.  I'd of course have no chance winning, but it would be a fun community event that would give us all a chance to compete and meet each other.

I give that about a 0.0001% chance of happening.  But enjoy talking about it for a couple of days.  nerds

What's in the bag
Driver: FTI
3W: 15 Degree
2H: X
4I-7I: X-188I, 9I, PW: X-Forged52 Deg: Vokey Oil Can, all rusted out56 Deg: Vokey, Chrome 60 Deg: Black PearlPutter: Catalina Two

Originally Posted by MrSandman

I give that about a 0.0001% chance of happening.  But enjoy talking about it for a couple of days.  nerds

You're such a clown.  Fix your vanity cap.

Driver:  Callaway Diablo Octane 9.5*
3W:  Callaway GBB II 12.5*, 5W:  Callaway Diablo 18* Neutral
3H:  Callaway Razr X, 4H:  Callaway Razr X
5-PW:  Callaway X Tour
GW:  Callaway X Tour 54*, SW:  Callaway X Tour 58*
Putter:  Callaway ITrax, Scotty Cameron Studio Design 2, Ping Anser 4

why do you have a picture of a girl's ass as your avatar?

Anyway, I would love to play some golf with some of you.  I can tell you though, these pipe dreams about regional tournaments and such aren't happening.  Have to be a nerd to even fancy the thought.

What's in the bag
Driver: FTI
3W: 15 Degree
2H: X
4I-7I: X-188I, 9I, PW: X-Forged52 Deg: Vokey Oil Can, all rusted out56 Deg: Vokey, Chrome 60 Deg: Black PearlPutter: Catalina Two

Originally Posted by MrSandman

why do you have a picture of a girl's ass as your avatar?

Anyway, I would love to play some golf with some of you.  I can tell you though, these pipe dreams about regional tournaments and such aren't happening.  Have to be a nerd to even fancy the thought.

What do you have against girl's butts?

I suppose shirtless male anime is more your speed?  Before you retort, I get that your name is from a Nintendo video game.  Which by the way, is pretty nerdy..

• Upvote 1

Driver:  Callaway Diablo Octane 9.5*
3W:  Callaway GBB II 12.5*, 5W:  Callaway Diablo 18* Neutral
3H:  Callaway Razr X, 4H:  Callaway Razr X
5-PW:  Callaway X Tour
GW:  Callaway X Tour 54*, SW:  Callaway X Tour 58*
Putter:  Callaway ITrax, Scotty Cameron Studio Design 2, Ping Anser 4

I'm on my phone and haven't read all four pages yet, so forgive me in advance :-) I would be down for west coast'ish meetup and even attempted (half assedly) to organize one in the past. Will read this full thread tonight and post then...
underparnv

That's how I like my golf. A kick in the face. -Ben

Driver: 983E 8.5* w/ stock stiff flex shaftIrons: MP60 - 2 through 9 irons (swap out the 2 iron for my three wood at some courses)Wedges: 588 Chrome - 47* Pitching Wedge, 53* Gap Wedge, 56* Sand Wedge MP-T Black Ni - 60* Lob WedgePutter:.....

Note: This thread is 4315 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!