IGNORED

2012 British Open Discussion Thread

iacas
Note: This thread is 4304 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by jamo

Steve Williams in the lead so far, at -6. Tiger finished at -3.

I ... mentioned Scott in our pre-tourny predictions.

fixed your post

• Upvote 1

Players play, tough players win!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Adam Scott in the lead so far, at -6. Tiger finished at -3. I ... mentioned Scott in our pre-tourny predictions.

Yes, but he was receiving so little action in the prediction contest that I literally had to single him out as the only player among the world's top 20 who hadn't been selected as anyone's top pick. (Probably because one of the first posts was someone who said, "I'm not eligible for the contest, but I'd pick Adam Scott," and because most of the contest entrants are complete idiots who don't understand the rules, no one touched him after that. Yet they had no problem wasting second and third picks on Justin Rose, whom I selected with the very first pick of the contest.)

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

The ESPN3 live feed looks pretty bad. Sucks to see Lee Westwood at plus 3

**Edit** I closed the feed and restarted it, now it looks great. Good Job ESPN.

Ron :nike: GOLF Embracing my Angry Black Male :mad:

Sorry, I'm still a fan of Tiger and rooting for him to win. I know it's a boring route to take but I do believe he is going to come on strong and take the cup home. Well, that is... if he drops by a few bars (pubs if you're across the pond) and gets some strange first. That will easily lower his score by 4 strokes alone.

I liked the Bubba Watson interview. He learned from both Tiger and Phil. He liked the way Tiger played and stuck to his game plan and he seemed to get something out of the way Phil struggled yet still found a way to make the cut (i.e. he didn't quit). He's got more than enough skill to hit the necessary shots. The Open is always compelling, but it would be even moreso if the guys currently in the top 25 or so stay there.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Originally Posted by darkhunter139

Some serious scoring going on so far it looks like. It'll be fun following this during work :)

I wonder how I'm supposed to work a full day after having been up at 1AM to watch the tournament?

Originally Posted by Double Bogey

What happened with the cups on a couple of holes that Phil is pissed about? I just missed them talking about it

I missed this as well.

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

What happened with the cups on a couple of holes that Phil is pissed about? I just missed them talking about it

He was saying the plastic part was too high up, that if someone hit one perfectly in the middle there was a possibility that the ball could hit that inner plastic lip and pop out.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

He was saying the plastic part was too high up, that if someone hit one perfectly in the middle there was a possibility that the ball could hit that inner plastic lip and pop out.

Poor Phil and that 60° out of the fescue - backwards into the heavy rough on the other side of the fairway.... Pull it together Lefty!

I was really wanting Fowler to tear this up and surprise everyone, but now I'm forced to keep hoping for a Tiger win.

Originally Posted by Spyder

Poor Phil and that 60° out of the fescue - backwards into the heavy rough on the other side of the fairway.... Pull it together Lefty!

I was really wanting Fowler to tear this up and surprise everyone, but now I'm forced to keep hoping for a Tiger win.

Yeah Phil is all over the place, the announcers said he threw his hat in anger.

Ron :nike: GOLF Embracing my Angry Black Male :mad:

Originally Posted by RonTheSavage

The ESPN3 live feed looks pretty bad. Sucks to see Lee Westwood at plus 3

**Edit** I closed the feed and restarted it, now it looks great. Good Job ESPN.

When ESPN3.com first came online, the picture quality was awful. It has come a long way since.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Originally Posted by nevets88

When ESPN3.com first came online, the picture quality was awful. It has come a long way since.

It's pretty much 720p at this point for me... I have no complaints at all. Depending on your connection, there is little to no buffering as well and no choppy audio/picture.

I'd be curious as to what the data usage of ESPN3.com is. I remember someone mentioning that the Masters feed was a huge data hog. I'd imagine it's low, ESPN3.com has been going for a while now.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

After Bradley's last shot just now, I almost wish the buffering would have skipped over it. Straight pull out of the fescue to an unplayable lie directly after...

If Tiger could putt today, he would have been 7 under... can you say right, left, burn the edge?

:-)

Of course, one can say that about any player. But his ball striking was excellent today. Too many very makables ... missed.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

I'd be curious as to what the data usage of ESPN3.com is. I remember someone mentioning that the Masters feed was a huge data hog. I'd imagine it's low, ESPN3.com has been going for a while now.

Depends on your connection.  The better the connection that is detected, the higher quality they stream the video.  That's why if you wait a couple minutes, the quality improves.  I imagine it is a pretty big data hog.

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Note: This thread is 4304 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!