iacas

Anyone Here Play Disc Golf?

78 posts / 28947 viewsLast Reply

When I was in college I played a lot of frisbee with the Colorado state champion.  I have played disc golf several times but I use my trusty frisbee, not official "clubs".  Have shot even par against some who have the whole disc golf set.  Ticked them off.

On 2/7/2019 at 7:51 AM, BamaWade said:

Imagine if we started putting our cell numbers on our golf balls.  Ha.

Now that's a great idea!  Thinking of stamping my cell # on my ProV1s.  Wonder if I'll get any calls???  (that should also solve the problem of marking my balls for identification)

I started disc golf about two years ago, and actually enjoyed it. I was terrible then (still am, but have improved). The course nearest our house is 22 holes, and costs nothing to play, which is nice. That’s where we (me, my brother and my dad) go when we play 90% of the time. I also played at a youth camp, which had a nice 9-hole course (see my post on that). I don’t play often, but enjoy it very much when I do. I can actually throw it a decent ways (~120-150 feet), when I throw it where I want 😂.

Fun sport, played actively for 2-3 years and quite fast got "hang" of it. Worked alot on technique and could throw the disc relatively far. I think the components are pretty much the same as in ball golf and believe someone who is good at ball golf/understand the mechanics could get pretty good at it fast. Personally never could get the balance issues fixed to get the distances/force delivery to elite level, the rear leg balance is usually the biggest problem as for most the rear leg is the "weak/numb" leg.

We have this full 18 hole course nearby that has lights on it, sadly quite wet during winter:

Surely gonna play again in future, just now ball golf is closer to heart/more fun. 🙂

I played yesterday.   The course is a recovery from an old gravel pit and there is plenty of penalty areas.   We had a couple of new people and spent time fishing their discs out of the water.   It sure beat sitting home watching TV.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Definitely will be creeping this forum for a while, as I'm looking to pickup the game of disc golf. Cheap, outdoors, and social distance complying. 🤣🤣 I wonder how many people will pick this game up during the pandemic.

I live in Rochester, New York and we actually seem to have a few nice courses around here, including Basil which is a very tight course 2-3 minutes from my home.

Edited by K_Monty24

I played again yesterday with our Meet-up group.   This is an activity that allows us to be socially distant, especially since I am giving up at least 30 years and 100 ft / toss.   The newer course in Flint is a conversion of a former golf course.   This disc course has as least 3 holes almost 500 ft that are par 3!    One hole is 666 ft.   I think the distance was intentional!  ;-)  The course traverses the Flint River twice, once about 145 ft and another about 158 ft.   I'm not competitive with the younger guys but we have fun.  

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades