IGNORED

Brandel Chamblee (Again) Calls for Tiger to Ditch Sean Foley

iacas
Note: This thread is 3671 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by Mr. Desmond

Tiger drives better when he goes with a smooth push draw.

i think he drives better when he just goes with smooth .  i dont know if his all-out lashes are his best option.

Colin P.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by colin007

i think he drives better when he just goes with smooth.  i dont know if his all-out lashes are his best option.

Lashing ... bad

Smooth ... better

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

I'm pretty sure that Tiger mastered the technical side of golf a long long long time ago. Looks like he finally got the mental game back in place. I remember an article back in GolfWorld where Paul Azinger recommended that he figure out a way to quiet his mind during the game. Maybe he took the ol' book learnin' approach for once instead of relying on some bogus sports psychologist.

Edit: Found the article I was talking about.

Originally Posted by Hackerwhacker

I'm pretty sure that Tiger mastered the technical side of golf a long long long time ago. Looks like he finally got the mental game back in place. I remember an article back in GolfWorld where Paul Azinger recommended that he figure out a way to quiet his mind during the game. Maybe he took the ol' book learnin' approach for once instead of relying on some bogus sports psychologist.

Edit: Found the article I was talking about.

Well, Tiger may know what he needs to do but does not do it.

That means he is like the rest of us... lol.

He has not mastered his swing if he can't swing in rhythm or hit its technical aspects during a tourney. I have heard that on the range, he is a master. In tourneys, he hasn't mastered the driver.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

SO many of you are correct. Tiger Woods could win 9 Tournaments this year in 2013 and Chamblee will find fault in some way so that he can think or make others think that he is better suited to tell us all about Tiger and Golf in General. Chamblee is Bayless from ESPN. He is the side show for the Golf Channel to stir the pot against the best golfer of this era. He has no other purpose in life but to find someway to bring down Tiger and his game even though Tiger has won more in his Amateur Career or Professional Career then Chamblee could every accomplish. To say that he is a jerk is being nice. I understand Chamblee being opinionated but he takes it to a different level of knowing it all by just bashing one player. The idea that Chamblee things that he knows what is best for Tiger and his choice of instructors is just straight humor. I am surprised that he does not laugh at himself while he is on camera. Hell if it was not for Tiger and what he has done for Golf, there would not ba a golf channel for him to bash golfers that are playing on the tour. You can tell who Chamblee likes and you can tell who he dislikes. Tiger is one that he does not like because admittedly Tiger will not give him the time of day.. so attack Tiger because Tiger does not respect him as an analyst. Chamblee is a sad human being that has been given a platform to put others down in a game that he could not perform in consistently and that is sad..

• Upvote 1

I know this is a big boys thread, but commenting from the kiddie end of the pool:

I am really impressed how Tiger has rebuilt his swing approximately 3 times in his career. His "beginning" Pro career swing was a thing of "mindless, devastating, violence" on the golf course. I had always wondered how his body would respond to that year over year (we know now do we?)?

"Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.."

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

What are you talking about?!?!  He was in the first cut on #2.

Agreed.

His lack of knowledge could certainly pertain to his playing ability, but his career results aren't the cause of his lack of knowledge.  And based on things we hear from Faldo or Miller, it seems like the lack of knowledge isn't a cause for a poor playing career either.  Three things are true about Chamblee, in my opinion:  1)  He doesn't know nearly as much as he thinks he knows.  2) He did not have a very impressive career.  3) Those 2 things really aren't related.

4) No one is lining up to have Brandel coach their swing.  Kostis broadcasts and coaches.

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

I might agree with you if Tiger's swing looked like Hunter Mahan's - if Hunter only had more short game.

I mean, does it take 3 years for the best golfer in the world to learn an inconsistent cut?

Seriously?

----------------------------

He has not mastered his swing if he can't swing in rhythm or hit its technical aspects during a tourney. I have heard that on the range, he is a master. In tourneys, he hasn't mastered the driver.

Most pros who even try a major swing change never are the same.  Tiger and Faldo are the exception, not the rule.  Someone just posted a long article on just this point.  You should find and read it.

----------------------------------------------------

Not mastered the driver?  Do you somehow imagine there are players who hit is farther, or significantly more accurate.  You DO know that he was 5th in total driving last year.  And looks better this year?  How many guys can you name that currently hit it with a better combination of power and accuracy?  Not many, I'll wager.  Maybe the problem is the standard you are trying to hold him to.  5th in total driving seems pretty good, to me.  And it is much better than some years when he won multiple majors.

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

Well, Tiger may know what he needs to do but does not do it.

That means he is like the rest of us... lol.

I think that is what Azinger is trying to say in that article. It's pretty damn hard to correctly perform a motion with all the subtleties of a golf swing correctly without peace of mind. Obviously, it remains to be seen since this is only one tournament. However, if Tiger really has some quiet mind golf going on then the rest of the tour is in serious trouble in any tournament he enters.

Brandle has only himself as a reference ... and he would seem to have some issues to settle with mainly himself and is payed handsomely to take that out on Tiger and 'modern coaching'.

He also seems continuously astounded by the fact that all modern tips in magazines (his only research platfrom) are more technical and do not 'talk feel' per se. That obviously makes him believe that the modern day coach is just a walking talking robot, something he will not change his mind about since he refuses to investigate or research 'in the field' ... he's just a jerk basically ..

Titleist AP2 KBS, Vokey Spinmilled, Ping G2, Odessey backstrike

• 1 month later...

To his credit, lately Brandel has changed his tune.

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

He's more than changed his tune. He's been down right supportive lately. Was gushing about Tiger on Morning Drive today.

Dave :-)

Originally Posted by dsc123

To his credit, lately Brandel has changed his tune.

The fact that he has is what makes it sad...

It's easy to pounce on someone when they are down and Brandel did that, continuously.  Now that he's winning like crazy again, you kiss his ass and praise him?  Gimme a break...

Deryck Griffith

Titleist 910 D3: 9.5deg GD Tour AD DI7x | Nike Dymo 3W: 15deg, UST S-flex | Mizuno MP CLK Hybrid: 20deg, Project X Tour Issue 6.5, HC1 Shaft | Mizuno MP-57 4-PW, DG X100 Shaft, 1deg upright | Cleveland CG15 Wedges: 52, 56, 60deg | Scotty Cameron California Del Mar | TaylorMade Penta, TP Black LDP, Nike 20XI-X

Originally Posted by Deryck Griffith

The fact that he has is what makes it sad...

It's easy to pounce on someone when they are down and Brandel did that, continuously.  Now that he's winning like crazy again, you kiss his ass and praise him?  Gimme a break...

Yeah, but what else is he supposed to do, keep trashing him?

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

Originally Posted by dsc123

Yeah, but what else is he supposed to do, keep trashing him?

Sorry, when I said "you kiss his ass" I meant Brandel...

If Brandel really believed in what he said, yes, I would think he would stick to his criticism of all aspects of Tiger's game he has ripped on.  Now that he has been "shut up," he's doing to Harlem shake while back peddling...

Deryck Griffith

Titleist 910 D3: 9.5deg GD Tour AD DI7x | Nike Dymo 3W: 15deg, UST S-flex | Mizuno MP CLK Hybrid: 20deg, Project X Tour Issue 6.5, HC1 Shaft | Mizuno MP-57 4-PW, DG X100 Shaft, 1deg upright | Cleveland CG15 Wedges: 52, 56, 60deg | Scotty Cameron California Del Mar | TaylorMade Penta, TP Black LDP, Nike 20XI-X

I've never thought BC was Tiger bashing as much as he seemed to be longing for Tiger to return to his previous form. If he's guilty of anything it's that he overvalued his own opinions concerning how to go about it.

• Upvote 1

Dave :-)

Originally Posted by Dave2512

I've never thought BC was Tiger bashing as much as he seemed to be longing for Tiger to return to his previous form.

A very interesting point

Deryck Griffith

Note: This thread is 3671 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!