IGNORED

Should Tiger drop Nike?

Note: This thread is 4259 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Nike is what it is with regards to golf because of Tiger. They make some pretty good equipment in my opinion and I do not think that Tiger should drop them. The Scotty was the last non-Nike item in his bag, but the Method that he's been using recently is very similar.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

What Tiger is playing isn't likely close to anything we can buy in the stores.  His clubs are custom built for his swing and what he likes.  Only area where Tiger might do better is going with the masses and switching to Titleist Pro V golf balls.  I believe he's using the Nike One Tour D, which I've never played so not sure how good it is.

Joe Paradiso

Not sure where Tiger would go that would be any better and Nike has some of the best minds in the golf industry designing their stuff, so if anything leaving Nike would be a downgrade equipment wise.  The problem isnt the equipment, its Tiger.

• Upvote 1

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

Originally Posted by Mr. Desmond

Nike makes fine equipment. And Tiger has loads of input ....

But Tiger's problem is he can't make a putt today.

Greg Norman agrees with you. The broadcasters had him on the Round 3 clean-up coverage this morning and asked the Shark how he through Tiger was progressing.

Norman focused on putting. He had watched Tiger play a couple of holes and observed him on the practice green. Norman said Tiger has a "basic set-up flaw" which was causing him to miss putts he normally makes. (Norman gave no specifics on the problem.)

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp1404 View Post

...of course the Power Distance balls were terrible, thats why they cost like $10...

hahahahahaha.....classic!

nike.gif  VR-S Covert 10.5*

nike.gif  SQ2 15*

Idea Black Hybrid, 19*

mizuno.gif  MP54, 4-PW

vokey.gif SM 50*, 54*, 58*

nike.gif  Method 001

nike.gif  RZN One

Nike probably is one of the top brands on the market today. The pros get what they need and I don't doubt they'd change if they felt their current sponsor were limiting their performance. Nike is a big brand in golf. You should find a store nearby and check it out if you want to. It wasn't as profiled as a brand, but they've grown a lot on this side of the millennium. As far as Tiger goes, his problem is not the clubs.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Originally Posted by jamo

Tiger's irons are already forged from Zolex by Miura-san and sprinkled with the tears of unicorns. I don't think Titleist or anyone could offer him something better.

I heard they were forged from Kryptonite and sealed with the tears of Superman. But either way, they be some nice irons.

Doesn't nike do all their own forgings nowadays though?

In the Ogio Kingpin bag:

Titleist 913 D2 9.5* w/ UST Mamiya ATTAS 3 80 w/ Harrison Shotmaker & Billy Bobs afternarket Hosel Adaptor (get this if you don't have it for your 913)
Wilson Staff Ci-11 4-GW (4I is out of the bag for a hybrid, PW and up were replaced by Edel Wedges)
TaylorMade RBZ 5 & 3 Fairway Woods

Cobra Baffler T-Rail 3 & 4 Hybrids

Edel Forged 48, 52, 56, 60, and 64* wedges (different wedges for different courses)

Seemore Si-4 Black Nickel Putter

Originally Posted by ApocG10

Quote:

Originally Posted by jamo

Tiger's irons are already forged from Zolex by Miura-san and sprinkled with the tears of unicorns. I don't think Titleist or anyone could offer him something better.

I heard they were forged from Kryptonite and sealed with the tears of Superman. But either way, they be some nice irons.

Doesn't nike do all their own forgings nowadays though?

Wouldn't Superman's tears be the equivalent of salt water once in contact with Krptonite? Also I've heard Kryptonite is riddled with air pockets which would be difficult to grain flow forge.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Originally Posted by sean_miller

Wouldn't Superman's tears be the equivalent of salt water once in contact with Krptonite? Also I've heard Kryptonite is riddled with air pockets which would be difficult to grain flow forge.

I think you guys got it wrong. They were forged out of unicorns by Titleist and sprinkled with Zolex by Miura-san.

In My Bag:

Adams Super LS 9.5˚ driver, Aldila Phenom NL 65TX
Adams Super LS 15˚ fairway, Kusala black 72x
Adams Super LS 18˚ fairway, Aldila Rip'd NV 75TX
Adams Idea pro VST hybrid, 21˚, RIP Alpha 105x
Adams DHY 24˚, RIP Alpha 89x
5-PW Maltby TE irons, KBS C taper X, soft stepped once 130g
Mizuno T4, 54.9 KBS Wedge X
Mizuno R12 60.5, black nickel, KBS Wedge X
Odyssey Metal X #1 putter 
Bridgestone E5, Adidas samba bag, True Linkswear Stealth

Originally Posted by LuciusWooding

I think you guys got it wrong. They were forged out of unicorns by Titleist and sprinkled with Zolex by Miura-san.

Which means nothing, because my Ci11's were casted with the tears of underage chinese slave laborers.

In the Ogio Kingpin bag:

Titleist 913 D2 9.5* w/ UST Mamiya ATTAS 3 80 w/ Harrison Shotmaker & Billy Bobs afternarket Hosel Adaptor (get this if you don't have it for your 913)
Wilson Staff Ci-11 4-GW (4I is out of the bag for a hybrid, PW and up were replaced by Edel Wedges)
TaylorMade RBZ 5 & 3 Fairway Woods

Cobra Baffler T-Rail 3 & 4 Hybrids

Edel Forged 48, 52, 56, 60, and 64* wedges (different wedges for different courses)

Seemore Si-4 Black Nickel Putter

Yeah, Tiger should dump Nike and sign with 5 Hour Energy and Rocket Ballz.

Driver: Titleist TSR1 12*

4-6 Hybrids: Titleist TSR1 20*, 23*, 26*

Irons: Titleist T350 5-W2 23*-53*

Wedge: Titleist Vokey SM8 56.14F*

Putter: Titleist SC Super Select Newport 2

Originally Posted by taxpayor

Yeah, Tiger should dump Nike and sign with 5 Hour Energy and Rocket Ballz.

I think Nike also appeals to Tiger because he isn't forced to make appearances and commercials all the time. From what I can tell he hates that stuff and no doubt the other companies would try to use him if they acquired him. Mentioning TM made me realize how much they use their players to advertise.

In My Bag:

Adams Super LS 9.5˚ driver, Aldila Phenom NL 65TX
Adams Super LS 15˚ fairway, Kusala black 72x
Adams Super LS 18˚ fairway, Aldila Rip'd NV 75TX
Adams Idea pro VST hybrid, 21˚, RIP Alpha 105x
Adams DHY 24˚, RIP Alpha 89x
5-PW Maltby TE irons, KBS C taper X, soft stepped once 130g
Mizuno T4, 54.9 KBS Wedge X
Mizuno R12 60.5, black nickel, KBS Wedge X
Odyssey Metal X #1 putter 
Bridgestone E5, Adidas samba bag, True Linkswear Stealth

Originally Posted by WUTiger

Greg Norman agrees with you. The broadcasters had him on the Round 3 clean-up coverage this morning and asked the Shark how he through Tiger was progressing.

Norman focused on putting. He had watched Tiger play a couple of holes and observed him on the practice green. Norman said Tiger has a "basic set-up flaw" which was causing him to miss putts he normally makes. (Norman gave no specifics on the problem.

I wonder if he was soleing the putter wrong again, because that was pointed out sometime during the tournament that he fixed it but maybe a bad habit creeped up on him.

I think Tiger should just stop worrying about Tiger.  Sick of listening to everything he and the commentators have to say about it.  Its always all about Tiger.  Rory makes an incredible 25 foot put yesterday and what did I hear Nance call it, "a Tiger putt?!"  Wtf is that?!  Tiger wasnt even in the game.  The media makes everything all about Tiger.  Tiger took a dump today, wow.  Sick of hearing about Tiger and his woes.  Rory spanked him along with the rest of the field.  Tiger=Yawn.....

You're entitled to your opinion, but as I heard stated on PGA Tour radio today, "Tiger doesn't move the needle, he is the needle."  I agree Rory deserved the moment to himself without any Tiger references, but golf is at the level of popularity it is because of Tiger.  Until someone comes up and makes us forget about him, Tiger is going to be talked about.

Originally Posted by mtnbiker5

I think Tiger should just stop worrying about Tiger.  Sick of listening to everything he and the commentators have to say about it.  Its always all about Tiger.  Rory makes an incredible 25 foot put yesterday and what did I hear Nance call it, "a Tiger putt?!"  Wtf is that?!  Tiger wasnt even in the game.  The media makes everything all about Tiger.  Tiger took a dump today, wow.  Sick of hearing about Tiger and his woes.  Rory spanked him along with the rest of the field.  Tiger=Yawn.....

Joe Paradiso

• Administrator
Originally Posted by sean_miller

Yeah, exactly: Kryptonite sucks because it's not from Japan.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Idk if this thread is about tiger or nikes quality. I swung a nike driver once, wasnt for me but I would LOVE to get my hands on a set of pro combos. The driver could have had a million things wrong for ME about it so thats not nikes problem and you can be sure Nikes driver isnt tigers problem. TIGERS driver is tigers problem.

Bag: Ogio Ozone XX

Driver: :titleist: 910 D2 (Project X 7A3)

3 Wood: :titleist: 910F ;(Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana 'ahina 82)

Hybrid: :titleist: 909H 19* (Diamana Blue)

Irons: :titleist: 755 3-P (Tri Spec Stiff Flex Steel)

Wedges: :titleist: (Vokey 52* 56* 60*)

Putter: Ping Karsten Anser 2

Balls: :titleist: Nxt tour/ Prov1x

Originally Posted by Jimdangles

Idk if this thread is about tiger or nikes quality. I swung a nike driver once, wasnt for me but I would LOVE to get my hands on a set of pro combos. The driver could have had a million things wrong for ME about it so thats not nikes problem and you can be sure Nikes driver isnt tigers problem. TIGERS driver is tigers problem.

The Pro Combos are amazing

Driver:  907 D1 (10.5*)

3 Wood:  Burner Superfast 2.0 (15*)

Hybrid:  Idea Pro Gold (21*)

Irons:  VR Pro Combo CB (3-PW)

Wedges:  VR Pro (52*,56*)

Putter: Method 004

Ball:  Penta

Note: This thread is 4259 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!