IGNORED

5SK Video Thread

iacas
Note: This thread is 3035 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• 3 weeks later...
Originally Posted by mvmac

Great video guys!  I definitely have balance issues occasionally but have never really been able to associate them with a particular type of ball flight.  Now I will be able to better monitor if perhaps that ugly low cut was caused by having my weight in my heels.

Also, I think it's really getting to be time for me to get on Twitter ... especially now that I know I can bombard the two of you with questions all of the time.

Thanks!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

Also, I think it's really getting to be time for me to get on Twitter ... especially now that I know I can bombard the two of you with questions all of the time.

Thanks!

And most importantly follow @the_sand_trap

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

• Administrator

Honorary 5SK Director of Instruction (for today) Jack Nicklaus has a great little video on Key #1: Steady Head.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I thought that was Key#4?

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

• Administrator
Originally Posted by Ernest Jones

I thought that was Key#4?

It is. Just like the video says.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Originally Posted by iacas

It is. Just like the video says.

LOL.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

HAHA, i love when jack goes, "Hmmm" at the end of the video. Kinda like, "Duh it works, what you expect anything different, I'm Jack Nicklaus"

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

For key #1, similar to the coke bottle drill on the first page of this thread, take a box that is about eye width in one dimension ( I used an empty kleenex box) and tape BRIGHT construction paper on the 2 sides that you can't see well if you set it on the ground and stand over it. If your head moves, you will see more color... pretty simple and this way I could see the color change without taking my eye off the ball.

The difference in color is much easier to see than a damn coke bottle. Whose idea was that?

:whistle:

• Administrator
Originally Posted by jshots

The difference in color is much easier to see than a damn coke bottle. Whose idea was that?

The point was that you can use just about anything. Sometimes I put the "Pro V1x" on a ball there and tell people to try not to see "Titleist" logo on either side of the ball. A bunch of things work. A cut 2x4 is good too, especially if the sides are painted bright colors.

These are absolutely fantastic. I can't say thank you enough. Was trying out some of the drills last night at the range for keeping the grip of my club ahead of the head at impact and they definitely helped.

High Draw Drivers - The Final Secret - ...

I never ever curved the ball with the driver that much and that high - even with the range rocks. Am eager to hit the course trying it with real balls and see how far they go.

In order to have the ball curve less, I either open the club more (and get even higher balls) or move the ball a bit back again?

Originally Posted by Hollister

In order to have the ball curve less, I either open the club more (and get even higher balls) or move the ball a bit back again?

Got it - more extension and the curve gets right. Great video, thanks James (and Joseph Mayo )!

Frankly, I am disappointed in this video.  The whole time I was hoping James was going to drill one through the opening in the building that is lined up perfectly in front of him.

In relation to your hips, shoulders and feet, this would technically be a draw or overdraw and not a push draw, correct?

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Note: This thread is 3035 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!