IGNORED

5SK Video Thread

iacas
Note: This thread is 3045 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Since I struggle with my head falling away from the target in the downswing. Could I do the same thing, but on the right side of my head?

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I could use one on each side of my head and one on my left hip.... way too much movement in my swing.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

I could use one on each side of my head and one on my left hip.... way too much movement in my swing.

Take a LOT of time and practice to stop moving your head. I'm still working on it after countless hours. It took feeling like I was moving it in 3 different ways for it to actually stay more "still". :-D

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

Take a LOT of time and practice to stop moving your head. I'm still working on it after countless hours. It took feeling like I was moving it in 3 different ways for it to actually stay more "still".

My key #1 is terrible - I've tried a million times using a camera to not move my head on the BS. I kind of gave up. I blame SnT a little, but mostly me.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

My key #1 is terrible - I've tried a million times using a camera to not move my head on the BS. I kind of gave up. I blame SnT a little, but mostly me.

I'm sure it's different for everyone, but for me...it took the feel of bringing my head back away from the ball, bringing it back away from the target, and rotating it left to keep it still on the backswing. And it's still a big-time work in progress.

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

I'm sure it's different for everyone, but for me...it took the feel of bringing my head back away from the ball, bringing it back away from the target, and rotating it left to keep it still on the backswing. And it's still a big-time work in progress.

Strive for progress not perfection...

I'll be taking a lesson with a 5SK pro soon - will bring it up or he may bring it up for me, ha ha. I move it a little on the BS and it's an okay amount, not too much, but for the life of me cannot keep it from not going back at all on the BS - that's the part I gave up on.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Since I struggle with my head falling away from the target in the downswing. Could I do the same thing, but on the right side of my head?

Sure!

Obviously don't just "shove" the head forward, arms lower as you transfer and open up.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Something that helped, and is still helping me keeping my noggin steady is, to look at the ball with my left eye more so than with both eyes (rhp) and to be sure to see the ball being hit with my left eye, that way my tendency to look up is reduced also. BTW, I'm left eye dominate. A steady head has been a thorn in my side for awhile now, but it's getting much better... :-D

• 3 weeks later...

Great video @mvmac I got two questions. 1. Is it a good feel to just feel like your trail hip moves straight behind you, away from the target line rather than just sliding parallel down the target line? 2. When I do this and get a good center hip turn I feel like I'm doing something wrong in the downswing. I feel like I'm going to fall over on my thru swing, like I slid too far forward. Does this make sense?

- Jered

Great video @mvmac I got two questions. 1. Is it a good feel to just feel like your trail hip moves straight behind you, away from the target line rather than just sliding parallel down the target line?

2. When I do this and get a good center hip turn I feel like I'm doing something wrong in the downswing. I feel like I'm going to fall over on my thru swing, like I slid too far forward. Does this make sense?

Sorry for the delay, been traveling and haven't had internet for 3 days.

1. The feel that's good is the one that helps you accomplish the piece for the drill. Some feel like the left hip stays forward, some feel like the tailbone moves slightly towards the target, some feel like the right hip moves around and up.

2. If you slide the hips while keeping the head steady, you won't fall over. Sounds like your upper center may be translating forward on the downswing.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

• 1 month later...
  • Administrator

• Upvote 2

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Wow!!! what an eye opener that video was...During the last part, where the guy with the driver was to steep, and how he had to sort of fight to get to the ball, and a push was the result..Now I can see why I was swinging the same way. Lately my swing path has been to steep, don't know why , but I'm trying to fix that, and this video, Finally helped me to see what I was doing wrong, because when I hit driver, I always seemed like I was having to fight to get the club face to hit the ball.

Thanks a Bunch for posting this Erik...I'll come back and review it from time to time.. :beer:

Note: This thread is 3045 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!