IGNORED

What club, that you keep in your bag, do you use the least? And speculate why.

Valleygolfer
Note: This thread is 4248 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. What club in your bag do you use the least?

• The Hammer
    • 3 metal
    • 4-5 wood
    • 7 wood/ 3 hybrid
    • 3I
    • 4I
    • 5I
    • 6I
    • 7I
    • 8I
    • 9I
    • PW
    • SW
    • UW
    • LW
    • Putter

3 wood... I usually only use it for tee shots and normally I'll just hit driver... very rarely do I hit it from the fairway as I have much more confidence in my hybrid.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good thread/poll,

I voted 5i, I'm just learning and I only take 2 clubs at a time to the range. I started from the lofted clubs (A,PW), (PW,SW), (SW,9i),(9i,8i) etc. until I'm confident to move up to the next club. Took me two trips to the range to finish with the 8i,7i so next trip will be the 7i,6i combo. On the course I'll use the 4H instead of the 5i.

Mine is the 6i, and honestly it's not even that close. I don't know that I've ever really hit the thing on the course.

I'm so confident in both my 5i and my 7i that it renders the 6i almost obsolete. Because of my confidence in those two, I'd rather go hard 7 or soft 5 than pull the 6.

Second for me would be my 3i. Odds are, if I'm pulling it out I could just take a nice easy swing with my 5W and do the same thing, except usually with better results. The only reason I voted 6i instead of 3i is because I will use the 3i when I need to punch a low shot from a bad spot.

Right now it's a 52* wedge. I only remember using it twice, one because I had a perfect 115 yard GW shot and the other because I need a lower lofted chip shot. Other than that, I haven't really used it.

Best Regards,
Ryan

In the :ogio: bag:
:nike: VR-S Covert Tour Driver 10.5 :nike: VR-S Covert Tour 3W :titleist: 712U 21*
:nike: VR Pro Blades 4-PW :vokey: Vokeys 52*, 56* & 60* :scotty_cameron: Studio Select Newport 2
:leupold:
:true_linkswear: 

I said 4i because i use a 5i for lay up on par 5's and a low draw 3i off the tee when a wood is not needed.  I rarely hit into the green from 200.  Its usually shorter or longer.

Drivers: Titleist 913 D2 Aldila phenom
Fairway Woods: Titleist 910F-d
Fairway Woods: Titleist 909 F3 or

Hybrid: Taylormade tp 18 or Mp fli hi 2 iron 
Irons: Mizuno MP-52 3-pw
Wedges: TaylorMade RAC Z TP
Putters: Odyssey Black Series Tour Designs #2
Golf Bags: Titleist Blue cart bag

Shoes: Footjoy Dry joys

Golf Balls: Titleist Pro v1x

I chose the 3 iron as I prefer a 4 hybrid these days but the real answer (this was not a poll choice) is my gap wedge. I just never seem to be that distance anymore at least on my home course.

Originally Posted by MSchott

I chose the 3 iron as I prefer a 4 hybrid these days but the real answer (this was not a poll choice) is my gap wedge. I just never seem to be that distance anymore at least on my home course.

In this poll UW = AW = GW = whatever club you have between PW and SW.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

I chose 3 hybrid.  I have yet to get really comfortable with it so it only comes out on par 5s where there is no trouble in trying to go for the green or push it down there as far as I can.  If there are hazards to clear or along the edges, then I'm going with an iron.  One of these days I'll figure that club out and start taking advantage of it, but not yet.

I have no experience with a UW yet because my first one just came with my new set of irons ... but I'm suspecting that it will still get more use than the hybrid for now.

When I need to get one in the fairway, I am skipping over the hybrid and reaching for my longest iron (used to be 3, but now its a 4)

Easy..... Lob wedge. If I need it, it means I really screwed up and short sided myself badly. Other than that, it seldom sees the light of day.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

3 iron, its the longest iron in the bag and gets very little play

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

I couldn't vote because I have no clubs that I don't use, or don't use often in my bag. If I tend to not use one, it quickly leaves my bag....

4i (21*) because I hit by 3H (19*) about the same distance and a bit more consistently.  I really only use it if my 3H has already betrayed me that day.

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

Originally Posted by sean_miller

In this poll UW = AW = GW = whatever club you have between PW and SW.

I see. For some reason I took that to mean utility wood. Sorry.

Where is the Gap Wedge?

nevermind, read above.

What's In My  Stand Bag

Driver:  FT-iZ 9*

Hybrids: C3 3,4,5

Irons: C3 6-GW

Wedges: C3 58*/8 and 54*/12

Putter:  blade

Ball: Gamer V2

http://cdn.thesandtrap.com/0/0d/150x50px-LL-0d81d772_tst_award_kickstarter_otm.png

I chose 4 iron because it's just a horrible evil club!

Do you have any hybrids?

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

4-iron. The only reason I have it in my bag is for punch-out shots from the woods, or 160y into a gale or something. I don't hit it anywhere else - I use my 7-wood instead. They go the same distance - 180y. I'll probably switch over to a 4h in a few years.

Surprised that I'm the first person to vote "SW."  It's by far my least used club.  I use my 3W/Dr pretty evenly during typical rounds on typical length courses.  I use my long irons (3-5i) a few times a round on long par 3s or short par 5s (assuming a good drive).  My mid-to-short irons get a lot of work during the round.  My GW (52*) is used regularly from 60-110 yards, and my 60* LW is used all areas around the green plus some awkward pitches from 10-50yards from the green.

That's one of the reasons why I am considering dropping my 56* SW in favor of a 5w and using my 52*/60* wedges in the bunkers instead.  My last round I used my SW once, and it was from a long distance (like a 15 yard bunker shot) that I could have used my 52* on.  The round before that, I don't think I used it once.

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Note: This thread is 4248 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!