IGNORED

Bet on 2013: Tiger vs. Rory

iacas
Note: This thread is 3802 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Who will have more official earnings on the PGA Tour in 2013? Explain why in a post.

• Tiger Woods
    • Rory McIlroy

I will have to say Tiger.  He got the "never going to win again" monkey off of his back last year by winning 3 times and seems to have his swing locked in.  The guy has 101 professional wins...you don't forget how to win tourney's overnight after winning 101 times.

With a locked in swing, good health and an added push from Rory, I expect Tiger to take the money Title over Rors.

Deryck Griffith

Titleist 910 D3: 9.5deg GD Tour AD DI7x | Nike Dymo 3W: 15deg, UST S-flex | Mizuno MP CLK Hybrid: 20deg, Project X Tour Issue 6.5, HC1 Shaft | Mizuno MP-57 4-PW, DG X100 Shaft, 1deg upright | Cleveland CG15 Wedges: 52, 56, 60deg | Scotty Cameron California Del Mar | TaylorMade Penta, TP Black LDP, Nike 20XI-X

Originally Posted by mcfc_nick

Rory. It wont even be close

That's just crazy talk!  It's hard to bet against Rory, but it's also hard to say Tiger won't even be close.  Oh, how times have changed in a few short years.  They will both have great seasons, and I'll still say Rory ends up a little higher in the FedEx Cup standings when all is said and done.  But you can bet Tiger will be right in the thick of things after winning multiple tournaments in 2013.  I'm excited to see them both in the same field this week, and I'm even more excited to see them at the WGC-Match Play and at some events on the Florida Swing.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

The money line has to be close on this one. Rory beat Tiger last year. Tiger is in year two of Sean Foley's swing. Whoever wins a major is the winner in my mind. If Rory and Caroline break up then I take Tiger. Mentally I think Tiger is tougher, Rory has more humility.

• 9 months later...
  • Administrator
Who's winning?

Not Rory. :D

I almost created this as a poll for 2014, but… why?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Not Rory. :D

I almost created this as a poll for 2014, but… why?

Maybe to test Gary Player's theory that Rory's female baggage is what was holding him back? :-)

Bill M

Finally I get one of these predictions right!

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

I agree with this (and the several others above that said the same)  Tiger seems to have been really close this year and inching his closer and closer.  I see a pretty big year coming for Tiger next year.  And just for fun (and so I can be laughed at in a year), lets say ...

5 wins, 1 major, #1 world ranking, fedex cup, player of the year.

Finally I get one of these predictions right!

Yeah, but were you AS right as me???  And, if anybody thinks that I will ever stop bringing this up at every possible opportunity ... then you are sorely mistaken. :-P

Yeah, but were you AS right as me???  And, if anybody thinks that I will ever stop bringing this up at every possible opportunity ... then you are sorely mistaken.:-P

I didn't actually post in the thread, I just answered the poll, so I guess you win. :-(

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Note: This thread is 3802 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!