IGNORED

Rory McIlroy signs with Nike.. Rory and Tiger Film Commercial Together (Updates)

KrazyTrain18
Note: This thread is 4120 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

McIlroy signs Nike Deal

Just saw this on MSN.com. And apparently, Nick Watney and Kyle Stanley jumped on the Nike Train too.

Best Regards,
Ryan

In the :ogio: bag:
:nike: VR-S Covert Tour Driver 10.5 :nike: VR-S Covert Tour 3W :titleist: 712U 21*
:nike: VR Pro Blades 4-PW :vokey: Vokeys 52*, 56* & 60* :scotty_cameron: Studio Select Newport 2
:leupold:
:true_linkswear: 

Originally Posted by RPMPIRE

McIlroy signs Nike Deal

Just saw this on MSN.com. And apparently, Nick Watney and Kyle Stanley jumped on the Nike Train too.

Yep.  It's official.

http://msn.foxsports.com/golf/story/rory-mcIlroy-signs-200-million-dollar-deal-with-nike-110212

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

No surprise. Maybe he will start sucking and Faldo can come back and say "I told you so".

In the Puma Orange Formation Stand Bag:

Driver: TaylorMade RBZ (10.25)

Fairway Woods: Callaway Diablo Octane (3,5,7,9)

Irons: Mizuno JPX 800 Pro (6-PW) 

Wedges: Mizuno JPX (50, 55, & 60)

Putter: Odyssey Versa #1

Ball: Titleist DT Solo

Well it's basically official, mod please change thread name.

Titleist 913D2 9.5 (UST VTS 65)

Titleist 913F 15 (Diamana S+)

Titleist 913H 19 (Diamana S+)

Titleist 714 AP2 (4-PW) (DG XP-95)

Titleist Vokey SM5 (52,56,58) (DG XP-95)

Ping Anser 2 Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by namkrats View Post

Apparently it's official http://msn.foxsports.com/golf/story/rory-mcIlroy-signs-200-million-dollar-deal-with-nike-110212

Seems like it

Quote:

Although no one involved would officially confirm the signing, FOXSports.com has learned that McIlroy has already filmed his first Nike television commercial, to debut next year.

The personable young Northern Irishman appears in the ad alongside the man who helped recruit him to Nike, Tiger Woods .

The two banter while hitting the company’s new red driver and marvel at how far they’re hitting the ball.

The commercial also features two other long-hitting golfers, Nick Watney and Kyle Stanley, who have also made the switch to Nike as the company beefs up what has been a disappointing roster.

And in case anyone hasn't seen this

Quote:
The deal – which could net as much as $250 million – makes him Nike’s highest-paid golfer, replacing Woods.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

I'm surprised to see that Watney and Stanley are bailing to Nike aswell.  Can't wait to see the commercial, featuring the worlds ugliest driver yet !

Titleist 913D2 9.5 (UST VTS 65)

Titleist 913F 15 (Diamana S+)

Titleist 913H 19 (Diamana S+)

Titleist 714 AP2 (4-PW) (DG XP-95)

Titleist Vokey SM5 (52,56,58) (DG XP-95)

Ping Anser 2 Classic

Originally Posted by colin007

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe Coolest

It really doesn't matter what brand of clubs Rory uses, they are all made in China.

And that matters?

He said it doesn't matter...

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Woods, Stanley, Watney, and McIlroy. Similar stature with solid swings. I'm looking forward to the TV spots - had enough of AK and Paul Casey to last a lifetime.

Not a fan of Nike clubs, but a great move by them signing Rory, Watney, and Stanley.  Three young guys with good - excellent potential to dominate for years.  Plus Woods will still be in the headlines and back pages that include the swoosh.  Nike and TM are putting a lot of money into marketing, different approaches but they both get it.

Joe Paradiso

This is absolutely huge for Nike. I'm excited to see Rory in Nike duds. I think Nike's clubs will only improve from here on out.

"drive for show, putt for dough"

There must be a lot of bad blood between Titleist (or parent company) and Nike. Yes, no?

Trying to imagine the logo - RMac - RMI - RMcI - Rors?

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Originally Posted by nevets88

There must be a lot of bad blood between Titleist (or parent company) and Nike. Yes, no?

I don't think so, it's just business.  I'm sure Titleist realizes that you can only keep a player like McIlroy for so long, especially playing as well as he has the past two years.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Am I the only one who thinks that just because he makes a switch doesn't mean his clubs will change all that much other than getting a nike swoosh printed on them?

Does he actually start playing some nike clubs? Or are they some really custom clubs with a swoosh?

:whistle:

Note: This thread is 4120 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!