IGNORED

2012 Ryder Cup Discussion Thread

mvmac
Note: This thread is 4217 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by jamo

Match-ups for tomorrow (early to late):

Watson/Donald

Simpson/Poulter

Bradley/McIlroy

Mickelson/Rose

Snedeker/Lawrie

D Johnson/Colsaerts

Z Johnson/McDowell

Furyk/Garcia

Dufner/Hanson

Kuchar/Westwood

Stricker/Kaymer

Woods/Molinari

I really like these 2 match ups one because I think it will have a ton of good golf and the other just to watch the huge drives being hit.

Driver: i15, 3 wood: G10, Hybrid: Nickent 4dx, Irons: Ping s57, Wedges: Mizuno MPT 52, 56, 60, Putter: XG #9 

Originally Posted by jamo

Watson/Donald - Quite the difference in playing styles. I think Donald takes it based off his putting

Simpson/Poulter - Both putted tremendous last round, Poulter continues to carry the team

Bradley/McIlroy - Rory's had enough success this season, Keegan shows he will be the Poulter for USA

Mickelson/Rose - Phil's talent shines through, but will be close

Snedeker/Lawrie - Snedeker's streak runs out with a tough loss to Lawrie. This RC means a lot more to Lawrie than most people would know

D Johnson/Colsaerts - DJ deserves this and will take it with a hot putter

Z Johnson/McDowell - ZJ dominates a poor playing GMac

Furyk/Garcia - this one is tough, Sergio is a mind**** and Furyk has been mediocre at best. I'll give it to Sergio based off his history with the course

Dufner/Hanson - Dufner is just playing better and all around better

Kuchar/Westwood - Kuchar is good, Westwood is overrated

Stricker/Kaymer - Kaymer should not be on this team and Stricker plays well to recount for his loss yesterday

Woods/Molinari - Tiger dominates an awful short game from Molinari

So my predictions are there. See if I even get any right, but by my calculations, US will win it...18-10

:tmade: R1 Driver
:tmade: Burner 18.5 Wood
:tmade: Rocketballz 19 Rescue

:mizuno: MP-59 4-PW Irons
:cleveland: CG16 52, 56
:cleveland: Classic Mallet Putter

:bridgestone: e5 Ball

Sad thing is.. The RC could of been great this year.. BUT... Some of the Euro's came in dead like Kaymer and Hanson.. and they you have quite a few that just looked tired.. Rory wasn't playing well, GMac looked unsure, Westwood was horrible.. I give credit to the Americans for coming in as if they were still in the groove, but Sunday will be a boring day knowing the RC is pretty much over with.. Euro's will be lucky to win 4 points in singles..

Watson/Donald:

I like to watch Bubba but his game is fragile.  Donald wins.

Simpson/Poulter:
Poulter continues his rampage.

Bradley/McIlroy

McIlroy, while far more solid than Bubba, is also streaky.  Keegan's on fire.  Bradley wins.

Mickelson/Rose

Phil's been playing great - Phill takes it.

Snedeker/Lawrie

Snedeker wins due to crazy good putting.

D Johnson/Colsaerts

This one could be close - I'll go with Colsaerts based on his performance on Friday

Z Johnson/McDowell
Z Johnson will probably win one of the less interesting matches for me.

Furyk/Garcia

Furyk all the way.  Furyk is clutch.  Sergio is a choker.

Dufner/Hanson

Dufner.

Kuchar/Westwood

Kuchar - he's playing well and always solid.

Stricker/Kaymer
Stricker.

Woods/Molinari

Hate to say it but my money's on Molinari.

USA Wins 18-10.

[QUOTE]Tiger starts dead last tomorrow. This match will probably mean nothing for the result. USA have won long before they're done. #newera[/QUOTE] Same goes with Stricker. Should be interesting if the euros make some kind of a comeback, suddenly starts playing good golf and the last two matches actually make a difference.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Match-ups for tomorrow (early to late): Furyk/Garcia Furyk all the way.  Furyk is clutch.  Sergio is a choker. USA Wins 18-10.

So when was the last time you watched Furyk?;-)

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

I don't have the trajectories for the players coming into this week, so this is as reliable predictions as horoscopes. [COLOR=3300FF]Watson/Donald[/COLOR] [COLOR=3300FF]Simpson/Poulter[/COLOR] [COLOR=FF0000]Bradley/McIlroy[/COLOR] Mickelson/Rose [COLOR=FF0000]Snedeker/Lawrie[/COLOR] [COLOR=3300FF]D. Johnson/Colsaerts[/COLOR] [COLOR=FF0000]Z. Johnson/McDowell[/COLOR] [COLOR=3300FF]Furyk/Garcia[/COLOR] [COLOR=FF0000]Dufner/Hanson[/COLOR] [COLOR=FF0000]Kuchar/Westwood[/COLOR] Stricker/Kaymer [COLOR=3300FF]Woods/Molinari[/COLOR]
  • Upvote 1

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Stricker and Woods in the final matches. Seems like DL3 is banking on it being over by then. Just a tad presumptive but overall, the best lineup he could probably go with.

If I were him, I might have put Mickelson in the 6th or 7th spot so Bradley would be finished and go hype him up for the closing holes of his match. Phil was feeding off Keegan and I think he may need it today.

Tiger is not playing poorly - he's had, what, 5 birdies each in each of the last two matches on the back nine... Stricker has not played well, according to pundits. Tiger's problem is he doesn't make every putt, as he seemingly once did. But he typically does well in singles.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Placing Tiger in the final singles match is good. The cup should be decided well before then, but in case it's not, I'm good with him being the anchor regardless of how he's played so far. He responds well to pressure.

Originally Posted by Mr. Desmond

Tiger is not playing poorly - he's had, what, 5 birdies each in each of the last two matches on the back nine... Stricker has not played well, according to pundits. Tiger's problem is he doesn't make every putt, as he seemingly once did. But he typically does well in singles.

TIger was on fire on the back nine yesterday but by then the damage was done.

He played bad the front nine and played bad on Friday along with Stricker. No way to sugarcoat it..........he just wasn't 'Tiger' except the back nine yesterday.

Tiger's played decent on the back nine, but his problem is not only putting when he's constantly in the woods and missing greens. I saw Stricker hit tee shots on three par 3's yesterday. He hit two in the water and one in a bunker. I don't recall him having played very well all year. He may have won once or something, but he's not been up there in the big tournaments. Putting those two last is probably the best option for DL3. Sending them out first and risk losing the first two matches is not the way to give confidence to the others. It would also fire up the europeans. That said, Europe has probably got more underachievers this RC than USA, so they should pull this one off either way.

Originally Posted by Zeph

Tiger's played decent on the back nine, but his problem is not only putting when he's constantly in the woods and missing greens.

I saw Stricker hit tee shots on three par 3's yesterday. He hit two in the water and one in a bunker. I don't recall him having played very well all year. He may have won once or something, but he's not been up there in the big tournaments.

Putting those two last is probably the best option for DL3. Sending them out first and risk losing the first two matches is not the way to give confidence to the others. It would also fire up the europeans.

That said, Europe has probably got more underachievers this RC than USA, so they should pull this one off either way.

I was not able to watch too much, just getting snips or 10 minutes at a time - but listening to Johnny, Tiger was on fiyah! on the back nine. But then, I did see the occasional drive into the "back 40" from Tiger. I think he is the most interesting, yet infuriating golfer to watch because his entire game is in transition.

And I agree with DL III, going with your best early with the goal to stop or stay even with the Euros early so they have little or no hope - to snuff out any momentum.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

The Ryder Cup may be one of my top 3 favorite sporting events now.  Just sayin'.

And why did nobody tell me about this before?  It's awesome.

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Oh, and before I forget...Webb Simpson was awesome yesterday.  Much props to him and our lord and savior who took time out of his busy schedule to watch over him yesterday.

Also, I think DJ and Tiger (two of my favorite golfers) will fare much better in their singles matches today.  At least I'm hoping they do.

• Upvote 1

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Disappointing performance by europe so far... Too many golfers are out of form..And i think it's safe to say that bottom half of the americans are a lot better then the bottom half of the europeans.

Be that as it may... Those last few holes of Poulter yesterday really gave me the chills.. That type of pure sincere emotion is very very rare in top sports in our commercialized era with egocentric metro-men like Christiano Ronaldo and Lebron james...

Bubba Watson is player of the tournament so far.. he is invincible.. Coltsearts, Simpson and Keegan making very good debuts..

Note: This thread is 4217 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!