IGNORED

Alignment Stick Covers? Why?

Note: This thread is 4219 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by Archie Bunker

Do you make a model for left-handed alignment rods?

One of the best features of this model is that it's completely ambidextrous. Just make sure to put it over the NORTH end of the rods, whether left or right handed. Most good quality alignment rods are marked with their optimal magnetic alignment with the core of the Earth, and putting it over the other end would void the warranty.

Should your rods be unmarked, I offer a spining service to provide the optimum alignment for the alignment rods, only 78$ per piece.

In My Bag:

Adams Super LS 9.5˚ driver, Aldila Phenom NL 65TX
Adams Super LS 15˚ fairway, Kusala black 72x
Adams Super LS 18˚ fairway, Aldila Rip'd NV 75TX
Adams Idea pro VST hybrid, 21˚, RIP Alpha 105x
Adams DHY 24˚, RIP Alpha 89x
5-PW Maltby TE irons, KBS C taper X, soft stepped once 130g
Mizuno T4, 54.9 KBS Wedge X
Mizuno R12 60.5, black nickel, KBS Wedge X
Odyssey Metal X #1 putter 
Bridgestone E5, Adidas samba bag, True Linkswear Stealth

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Not sure I'd want to overpay for something like that but I do see the functionality. The day I lost my 3w headcover one of my exposed sticks, lost the little rubber end cover, dinged up the finish as I bumped my way along in the cart. By the end of the day I had a head full of marks that I couldn't buff out. Until I replaced it that was what I saw looking down at the club. I wasn't devasted or anything but a few times it did distract me. I was looking at that when I should have been thinking about the shot I was getting ready to play.

Dave :-)

• 4 months later...
I bet you Sai-Jin gets some of these to protect his Miura alignment sticks...

...Handwoven by Miura-san's great great grandmother from the hair of baby unicorns.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

...Handwoven by Miura-san's great great grandmother from the hair of baby unicorns.

Lol! And smelted with purified orphan tears...

Colin P.

Originally Posted by Beachcomber

I exaggerated... Their underwear are only $50.

http://www.iliacgolf.com/collections/i-compression/products/6mbr-1

Yes but they come with an optional cover for those cold mornings that costs even more.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5* | Rad Tour 18.5* | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Odyssey 2 Ball Blade | Vice Pro Plus  

Originally Posted by colin007

I bet you Sai-Jin gets some of these to protect his Miura alignment sticks...

And promptly writes separate reviews for the cover, for the sticks, for the cover on one stick, for the cover on two sticks......

And promptly writes separate reviews for the cover, for the sticks, for the cover on one stick, for the cover on two sticks......

Thank you! I thought was the only one who noticed all those reviews where all he probably does most of the time is check them out at the local golf store...

Colin P.

Thank you!

I thought was the only one who noticed all those reviews where all he probably does most of the time is check them out at the local golf store...

Nope ... I have noticed also. :)  And I make the exact same assumption too.  Otherwise, where does he get the money or find the time? :)

I thought was the only one who noticed all those reviews where all he probably does most of the time is check them out at the local golf store...

Probably must a matter of time where he starts doing reviews for something he sees in a magazine ad.

The thread title asks "Why?"  They make ridiculous things like this because golfers buy them.... or their wives/girlfriends/mothers buy them for them as gifts.  To paraphrase a movie quote:  If you make it, they will buy.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Interesting - My alignment sticks, however, are actually fiberglas driveway markers that cost $2.50 each at Lowe's.

But, my alignment sticks are not spined and pured like the name-brand ones.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Originally Posted by WUTiger

Interesting - My alignment sticks, however, are actually fiberglas driveway markers that cost $2.50 each at Lowe's.

But, my alignment sticks are not spined and pured like the name-brand ones.

It sounds like your alignment sticks are likely not really in alignment if they're not spined and pured.   If they are not certified as straight in a way that can be repeated every time you lay them on the ground, you may find that a slight curvilinear problem which means you're not accurate, and therefore you're really practicing bad habits.    I got mine in Home Depot but the guy in the hardware department certified them as straight for only a slight extra charge.

From my recent Edel putter fitting (which was outstanding, by the way), I found that my eye doesn't line up the straight aiming line on the back of a putter accurately and that I was best off with a single aiming dot on the top of the putter and no lines.     Extrapolating this to my alignment sticks, I assume that the same thing is happening here and that I'm not perceiving the aiming point correctly.   Therefore, I think I'll be ditching my alignment sticks and will just place a couple dots on the ground.     This clearly has been the root of any mishit shots in the last year, so now that I've figured this out I'll be scratch before the month is out.

Note: This thread is 4219 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!