Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Treys Garden

Bare foot golfing illegal?

Note: This thread is 2862 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

20 posts / 10382 viewsLast Reply

Recommended Posts

Ok, i'll admit I'm an old fashioned country girl who some may call a redneck.  I grew up playin golf on the back 9 as they say down south :).  I recently got thrown off a golf course--i won't say where for the time being--because i wouldn't wear shoes.  i have excellent grip with my toes and other parts of my bottom half and shoes always cost me a few strokes.  the head pro "head jerk!!" had me escorted off the course because of this but i think i won a few fans in the process.  he said it was illegal because of some type of liability but i have read the ENTIRE declaration of independence and i see nothing but a sexist trying to protect the good ol boys club in my opinion. should i take this to court??  thanks in advance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think you should absolutely take this to court.  If the court won't listen, then take it to the street.  No justice, No Peace!

The Declaration of Independance was written for EXACTLY this type of situation.  Make me wear shoes?  When you pry them out of my cold, dead hands!

Seriously, though - they're probably worried that you'll step on a nail or something and sue them.  Many courses have dresscodes, too - I was once forced to wear a collared shirt.  If it means that much to you - why not just tee off in shoes and then take them off on the second hole or as soon as you're out of sight of the clubhouse?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've played bare foot too. Enjoyed it. Pro's underwear was in a bundle and pinching the blood supply to his brain. Probably could not deal with something out of realm of normality.

I have golfed in Vibram Five Finger shoes this year. The next thing to barefoot.

I walk and carry my clubs for 18 hole rounds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Originally Posted by Treys Garden

thanks for the feedback.  i know a guy that has a friend that is in law school so I bet he will know what to do and how much i can sue for.

I think that's an incredibly good strategy.  I don't know if the club or pro are members of this forum . .but if they are, and if they have seen this thread . .I bet some shorts need changing down South tonight!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

thanks for the feedback.  i know a guy that has a friend that is in law school so I bet he will know what to do and how much i can sue for.

Sounds like you're gonna be set for life.......probably going to OWN that golf course!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I would be more concerned about your feet and the affect of fertilizers and pesticides.  Your skin is a decent barrier to chemical absorption, but not perfect.  I love going barefoot (beach guy myself) but I am also a chemical engineer and understand the nature of chemicals and the solvents they use with these chemicals.

The Pro may be a jerk, but the intent may be for your safety.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Treys Garden

Ok, i'll admit I'm an old fashioned country girl who some may call a redneck.  I grew up playin golf on the back 9 as they say down south :).  I recently got thrown off a golf course--i won't say where for the time being--because i wouldn't wear shoes.  i have excellent grip with my toes and other parts of my bottom half and shoes always cost me a few strokes.  the head pro "head jerk!!" had me escorted off the course because of this but i think i won a few fans in the process.  he said it was illegal because of some type of liability but i have read the ENTIRE declaration of independence and i see nothing but a sexist trying to protect the good ol boys club in my opinion. should i take this to court??  thanks in advance.

Standard policy at every course I've ever played is that you wear some sort of footwear.  Some courses even require proper golf shoes, not sneakers.  Many won't allow flip-flops (a stupid thing to try and play golf in anyway).   My home course in Colorado is just about as liberal and minimal for a dress code as any place I've ever played, but shoes and shirt of some sort were mandatory.  It has nothing to do with sexism or grip.  It is simply a widespread standard policy, applied to make and female equally.  Sorry to inform you, but the Declaration of Independence has nothing to do with it.  You might have an argument if there were a bunch of guys playing barefoot, but I seriously doubt that was the case.

And trust me, going ballistic on the head pro won't win you any fans among the players at most courses.

(I hope I didn't just take the bait here..... I should have read farther before posting....  Oh well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by boogielicious

I would be more concerned about your feet and the affect of fertilizers and pesticides.  Your skin is a decent barrier to chemical absorption, but not perfect.  I love going barefoot (beach guy myself) but I am also a chemical engineer and understand the nature of chemicals and the solvents they use with these chemicals.

The Pro may be a jerk, but the intent may be for your safety.

Stop bringing reason and logic to this conversation! Bad boogie, bad!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Fourputt

Standard policy at every course I've ever played is that you wear some sort of footwear.  Some courses even require proper golf shoes, not sneakers.  Many won't allow flip-flops (a stupid thing to try and play golf in anyway).   My home course in Colorado is just about as liberal and minimal for a dress code as any place I've ever played, but shoes and shirt of some sort were mandatory.  It has nothing to do with sexism or grip.  It is simply a widespread standard policy, applied to make and female equally.  Sorry to inform you, but the Declaration of Independence has nothing to do with it.  You might have an argument if there were a bunch of guys playing barefoot, but I seriously doubt that was the case.

And trust me, going ballistic on the head pro won't win you any fans among the players at most courses.

(I hope I didn't just take the bait here..... I should have read farther before posting....  Oh well.

Hook, line and sinker.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I don't want to stir up a hornets nest so I am going back to the golf course and I'll be wearing shoes...until I tee off ha. I can't wait to see the head pros face. He'll probably think its funny but if not my friends friend in law school will be with me and eager to take the case so to speak. Hopefully there is no drama as I simply am exercising my rights. Golf is fun and should stay that way!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Originally Posted by Treys Garden

I don't want to stir up a hornets nest so I am going back to the golf course and I'll be wearing shoes...until I tee off ha. I can't wait to see the head pros face. He'll probably think its funny but if not my friends friend in law school will be with me and eager to take the case so to speak. Hopefully there is no drama as I simply am exercising my rights. Golf is fun and should stay that way!

Ok, definitely a troll.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Why stop at shoes?  If your friends friend who's in law school is going to be there go the whole way and play in a swim suit.  Move over Norma Rae and make room for Treys Garden.  This could be a landmark case in golfers rights.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Quote:
Why stop at shoes?  If your friends friend who's in law school is going to be there go the whole way and play in a swim suit.  Move over Norma Rae and make room for Treys Garden.  This could be a landmark case in golfers rights.

Why stop at the swim suit?   Golfer's need more distractions anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 2862 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  



  • Want to join this community?

    We'd love to have you!

    Sign Up
  • TST Affiliates

    SuperSpeed
    TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    FlightScope Mevo
    Use the code "iacas" for 10% off Mevo
  • Posts

    • Good and sad tales, kind of understand that. So I left Oahu that had high concerns of controlling it to an Island that had yet to get 1 case.  All was well until Wednesday 4 popped positive, Thursday 38 and today Friday 60 something. I was tested and none in my circle including an 85 year old woman has had any issues.  So the governor/mayor answer is a lockdown. How do you lockdown an island where the population is but a postage stamp on the entire island? No worries, I plan on golfing next week. I got to log a few more birdies on the 2020 birdie challenge. Aloha, iSank
    • What's the minimum camera quality will you guys consider watching? The rear camera for my phone is 2MP and the front camera is 0.3 MP. I only have one camera and a tripod, so I can't record the side and behind at the same time. Is that OK?
    • Day 50 - Hitting more balls indoors, just trying to get used to swinging indoors. 
    • We used lugloc and used it Hawaii to Scotland, Hawaii to Sydney, to Auckland and Hawaii to Pinehurst to Alabama to Hawaii, and a few west coast trips. I think when we landed in Edinburgh it took a 1/2 hr to confirm but was able to confirm at JFK, and heathrow. I have lost clubs before on a mainland trip and love seeing that the clubs and luggage are with me.    Aloha, iSank
    • Day 124.   I spent ten minutes after work hitting 7-iron shots, off a mat, into a net, real balls, indoors.  
  • TST Blog Entries

  • Today's Birthdays

    1. Covert
      Covert
      (77 years old)
    2. Landonhux
      Landonhux
      (20 years old)
    3. opie
      opie
      (43 years old)

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...