IGNORED

Brand Loyalty

Note:Β This thread is 1772 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

I want to say that I am not and I will look for what is works the best for me. However, I have been using Taylor Made drivers and fairways since the Burner Super Steel days. I don't see myself leaving even if something tests better. Titleist balls only. Don't really know why for either I think it is all in my head. The putter is the only club that I have not held to the brand. Last year it was the Taylor Made Sienna 4 liked it for a week then decided it was too light, so I traded it in for an 2 ball SRT.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The fact that Ping irons are made in the US makes me loyal to their irons. Everything else I will buy whats best.
In My MPB Bag:
Driver: HiBore XLS 9.5* Fujikara Fit-On Gold
Hybrids: FYbrid 5W
Hybrids: FYbrid FY, 3H
Irons: G10 4-9 & PW AWT Shafts with Cushion InsertWedges: Tour W 56* and 60* AWT ShaftsPutter: White Hot 2 Ball Blade with Winn Excel Jumbo AVS Grip Ball: Px3, Tx4, or Zip

Unfortunately, yes. Always been a Titleist fan - even before I could afford them. In the coming year I want to swap out my Callaway 5-wood and get a Titleist 906F 3-wood and a 19 deg Titleist 585 Hybrid... But want fitted for them as I am still not 100% that I should be using stiff shafts in woods. If I am, great. Stiff it is for them. If I should be reg, then I'll go with reg and re-shaft the driver to match.

Don't know where the Titleist attraction came from, but the good thing is I hit their products ok.

Superquad
Fusion #3
Big Bertha Warbird #5
755 3-PW
Vokey SM56.10 & 60.08 White Hot 2-ball

Just up until last year. From the mid 60's until last fall I never played any iron except MacGregor, tourneys then JNP's. Woods were also MacGregor until TaylorMade came out with the burners, then it was TM woods and Mac irons. Last fall I was given a custom Alpha head driver that I just hit the s**t out of and bought some Nike irons (a deal I couldn't refuse).

So, up until last year yes, I was very brand loyal, but not now.
Driver: R7 425,Β  3-wood: V-Steel
3H Burner,Β  4-pw: R9 TP
SW: Vokey, 56-10
Putter: Cameron

to me, customer service also has a lot to do with brand loyalty. I mean, if a company had crappy customer service, i'd find a different companies clubs that i liked.

like someone else said, callaway has treated me like a pga pro when im really just a normal joe. that means a lot to me. I'll always keep something callaway in my bad because of this.

I just use whatever is working best for me. Not brand loyal really but I do favor Titleist clubs, just can't afford the ones that I want at the moment, haha.
I am loyal to Ping as far as golf bags go though.
I am also loyal to a couple of businesses when it comes to buying clubs. I like to support the companies who treat ya right.

Titleist 913 D3 10.5*

Adams Super XTD 17*

Adams DHY 21*

TaylorMade TP MB 4-PW

Titleist SM4 54*/58*/62*

Bettinardi SS 11

Leupold GX-3i Rangefinder

Titleist ProV1 Ball

Well as you can see by my signature, it is Titleist. Have never had a product that worked better than it in all aspects, even balls.
Driver Titleist 905R 9.5* (Stiff Prolaunch Blue 65g)
Hybrid: PT 585.H 17 * (Stiff titleist 75g shaft)
Irons: 695.cb 3-9 ( Dynamic Gold S300)
Wedges: 735.CM 47* PW, Vokey 200 series 50.08 Oil Can Vokey Spin Milled 54.10 Tour chrome, Vokey Spin Milled 58.08 Oil canPutter: Wilson Staff Kirk Kurrie #1[CO.....

I am not. There are too many companies out there making too many great products. Since I've started playing, I've had very little money to spend on golf equipment, so I've always looked for good deals, closeouts, used clubs, etc. As a result, I've played most of the major brands out there, so it would be difficult to choose just one brand for every club in my bag. Besides, with as many product releases in a given year as we have right now, it's impossible for me to say there is one company I am going to remain loyal to.
Callaway FT-9 Tour I-mix 9.5Β° Driver (Fujikura Zcom Pro 65 stiff)
Mizuno F-50 15Β° 3w (Exsar FS2 stiff)
Bridgestone J36 19Β° Hybrid (Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff)
Adams Idea Pro 23Β° Hybrid (Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff)
Adams Idea Pro Forged 5-pw Irons (DG Black Gold stiff)Nike SV Tour Black Satin...

i am brand loyal to ping ever since i got my g5 i have fell in love with the brand whene ever i start breaking 80 i will probably get a set of i10 irons.

Burner 10.5* driver
Burner 3 wood GD Pershing Shaft
Burner 5 wood GD Pershing Shaft
Tour Burner irons
Rac black 52* Rac satin 60* Red x 3 pro v1

No, I'll use whatever is best for me at the time. I can understand why some people stick to certain brands. I like Nike's and Cobra's irons and woods as they are very square. Cleveland is not for me because they're more round, especially their wedges (although I have a Halo utility I LOVE).

If people can articulate why one brand is for them, awesome. I just don't like the nuthuggers that get militant about one brand and decide that everything else is crap. This is especially funny since they all use the same shaft companies and foundries to make the heads.

titleistprov1x |●|Β nikeneoΒ |●|Β callawayx-forgedΒ 54/60 |● |mizunoMP68

adamsproblack 3HΒ |●|Β mizunoMPtitanium5w/3w |●|Β mizunoMP630FT

I'm a big Titleist guy.
I'm just trying to glean enough cash to finish off the set.

905R
LD-F 3-Wood
Vokey Oil-Can 252-08 degree
Cobra C Wedge 56-11 Vokey Oil-Can 260-08 degree Scotty Cameron Newport 2 35'' Pro V1x

• 1 year later...

Reviving an old thread as I was just thinking about this

I tend to build a loyalty to brands over time. As with everything I own, I do a lot of research, and through that and demoing, I ultimately establish some sort of preference. Like someone mentioned earlier, there are so many makers now and they all bring something to the table, which makes it more difficult. But, I'm always a bit suspect of new technology. I tend to think of it as gimmickry until otherwise proven valid. With everyone wanting a fix for their game, the golf market lends itself to this stuff.

With that said, I used to like TaylorMade. My first set of irons were the SuperSteels (as you can see, I haven't played for too long) and they were awesome. Then TM started coming out with so many variations of this and that; it seemed like they lost focus...kind of like the dot com boom. I haven't considered them since.

Now I tend to focus on Mizuno and Titleist products. I won't rule out other makers, but they'll have to wow me to sway my dollar. I'm not loyal to any ball as I'm not good enough yet to really discern between the performance of better balls.

I am interested in what you all play and lean toward when purchasing new hardware (and why).

905R 10.5* - Speeder (S) ::: 909F2 15.5* - VooDoo (S) ::: 909H 19* - VooDoo (S) ::: Vokey Spin Milled 52.08, 56.11 & 60.07
MX-25 4-P - Dynamic Gold (S300)
Studio Style Newport 2 - 33/350
Pro V1Tour V2

Like you, I have a been a TaylorMade loyalist for the past few years as i've believed solely in their products. Of lately, I have had a great lack of enthusiasm over their products and even new offerings, so much so that I am highly considering a sponsor change this fall (lol - sponsor change...i crack myself up)

With that, i've been testing out some new products and am leaning heavily towards Titleist, specifically the 909D2 driver and the Z-B Forged irons. I'm young but i'm more of a traditionalist when it comes to look, playability, and feel. I dont like to mix and match products too much, so i'm pretty much a brand loyalist all the way through. Right now, i'm Taylormade but i'm looking for a brand switch. Anyone with any good information, please let us know why...

Nike VR S Covert Tour Driver 2.0, 8.5* S
Nike VR S Covert Tour 3-Wood (15*) S
Nike VR Forged Split Cavity (2-5)

Nike VR Forged TW Blades (6-PW)

Titleist Vokey SM4 54* Wedge

Nike VR X3X Wedge 58*

Nike Method Core 1 Putter

Titleist ProV1

"Hakuna Matata - It means no worries..."

Brand loyal? That's for suckers...!

Interesting topic. Obviously I am partial to Titleist but I don't believe they are any better than any of the other major OEM's. There is something about the feel and the look of their equipment that seems right to me. I buy most of my equipment used to get a better price but I am very selective. Just not going to pay new Titleist prices!! With that said the AP1's are a little different than their "normal" look but even then the feel of a well struck shot just screams "Titleist". Looking at AP2's in the offseason when the prices come down to earth.

Im not so much of a brand loyalist as I am a creature of habit. Im used to playing Titliest equipment and i know what they do and how the clubs feel. I consider using any other brand as taking a risk i dont need to take. But if there is something overwhelming better out there, ill use it. Ive used different brands of putters and balls, though.
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

Note:Β This thread is 1772 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!