IGNORED

Brand Loyalty

Note: This thread is 1771 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I like my iron set to be all from the same manufacturer but otherwise it doesn't matter. 

Irons - Callaway Big Bertha or Mizuno MP53's (I'm deciding but the Big Bertha's are my gamers)

Putter - A ping that I've had since high school - probably made in the early 90's.

4w - Adams

Driver - Taylor Made (worm) Burner. 

I don't think there's any benefit at all to matching woods, irons and putter from the same company, even on tour, that's not the norm. 

A lot of emphasis is put on equipment but, personally, I don't think it makes that much of a difference as long as you have something reasonable (ie - decent quality, pretty close fit for you, etc). 

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I got my TM R11S driver I decided I wanted my 3W & 5W to also be TM R11S's because I wanted it to match.  My wedges are also all the same type.  

Now I'm planning on getting new irons that aren't going to me TM and, when I upgrade my putter and wedges, I'll planning on getting Edel's.

So, I guess I like categories to match.

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I used to be pretty loyal to Ping Irons & Wedges from about 15yo-25yo....after a 7-8 hiatus, I happened upon a STEAL on a set of Cleveland 588 CB Precision Forged Irons, and have sold all my ping wedges and buying Cleveland RTX Precsision Forged wedges.  I really like the forging Cleveland offers.

As far as woods, I started off playing with the original Big Bertha Driver and War Bird 15* 3w, but after the hiatus, I am pretty brand loyal to Titleist for my Driver/Woods, mainly for the feel and sure-fit adjustability.  I have a 910d3 (8.5 adjusted to 10*), 915fd 15* & 915h3 21* (adjusted to 22.75*)

Driver: Titleist - 910 D2; 10.5*
3-Wood: TaylorMade - Burner Superfast; 15*
Irons: Tour Edge Exotics - XGC3 3-AW
Wedges: PING -56* & 60* Pro Wedges BlkDot
Putter: PING - G2i My Day
Ball: Bridgestone TOUR B330‑RX
Bag: PING - Hoofer 2 - Red/White/Blue
Shoe: Footjoy - Classic Brown Leather

Mizuno irons, and Nike woods and hybrids have worked for me.

I'm likely wedge shopping soon, and I don't see either Mizuno or Nike making the cut....

Bill - 

I have a pretty mixed bag, but I don't think I have owned enough different clubs to be considered a loyalist to one brand or another. I like to keep an open mind and whatever works best is what I'm going to play, but i do prefer the "classic" looks of Titleist drivers and volkey wedges. Im going to go with what works best, but that's where my eye is drawn first. 

Having all the same brand has benefits if you find a brand that really sets up nice for you.

For Callaway drivers and irons, I find them easy to set up. Same for Callaway wedges, although I play Clevelands right now. They seem to match my eye.

As for Callaway FWs and hybrids, couldn't quite find one that fit my set-up. I've used other Tour Edge FWs in the past - fairly square face. Picked up Cobra hybrid for the same reason; I may add a second.

I've found also that Cleveland and Ping clubs seem to fit my eye; I just can't buy everything.

I'm familiar with different clubs within the Callaway club family, and have a good of what I'm getting if I switch models.

That makes it easier to know what to pick up from "last year's models" to save $$.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Every club in my bag is Tour Edge Exotics... I did that because, I had them custom fit and I don't get funny gaps in the long clubs or wedges... (yeah right)...

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

On 5/2/2016 at 2:50 PM, kpaulhus said:

I'm a Titleist loyal guy, however when something "fits" be better and helps my golf game, Ill go with anything. 

Yep this, I'm partial to PING stuff but at the end of the day it's what club you hit best. 

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Like many, my bag is full of Titleist clubs, but I'll give anything an honest try.  Some of it has to do with availability of demo and fitting options.  If my club pro has Titleist, Calloway, Ping, and Titleist demo clubs, with interchangeable heads and all of the shaft options, I'm probably going to choose from that group.  But I'll try every club within that group, and try to find the ones that perform best for me.

• Upvote 1

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

• 3 years later...

How many different golf club brands do you have in your bag?  Are you married to one brand, i.e. a Callaway Guy or Gal??

Brands in my bag are 5-

Srixon, Callaway, Nike, Cleveland, Odyssey (I guess that's Callaway too right?)............actually I guess Srixon and Callaway have the same ownership so I guess it would be only 3 brands, eh?

• iacas changed the title to Brand Diversity in Your Bag? Married to One Brand?

Seeing my responses in the thread from many years ago was interesting.  Currently (June 2019) I have Titleist driver and 4-wood, Maltby 3 and 4 hybrids, Ping G400 irons 5-U, Ping Glide wedges, and an Edel putter.  Four brands by my count and not a Nike, Cobra or Mizuno to be seen (despite what I would have told you ten years ago of my loyalties). 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Note: This thread is 1771 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!