IGNORED

What was your first eagle

walrus12kp
Note: This thread is 3885 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Wasn't my first eagle (that is posted above) but my most memorable one was in a tournament in Myrtle Beach probably 15 years ago.  I was playing a par 5 at Legends Parkland, slight dogleg left downhill with a huge bunker with pampas grass above the bunker on a hill. Missed the drive right and it bounced over the bunker and ended up dead behind the pampa grass.  I had to chip the ball out sideways and a little backwards.  Holed out a 5 wood for eagle and it held up for a $510 skin.

Bag: Titleist
Driver: TM RBZ 9.5
Fairway metals: TM RBZ 3 wood
Hybrids: TM RBZ 3, 4 and 5
Irons: TM Burner 1.0 6 thru LW stiff steel shafts
Putter: Ping B60
Ball: TM Tour Preferred X or ProV1x
Check out littlejohngolfleague.com  A Greater Houston TX traveling golf league.

Never had an eagle.  In general I am not long enough to reach a par 5 in two.   But I have come close on two separate par 4's.  I have stuck a gap wedge on a par 4 after a killer drive to about 1.5ft.  And on a long par 4 I landed the fringe on my second shot with a 3H and rolled to about 2 feet of pin.  Both birdies holed though

Originally Posted by RickK

Wasn't my first eagle (that is posted above) but my most memorable one was in a tournament in Myrtle Beach probably 15 years ago.  I was playing a par 5 at Legends Parkland, slight dogleg left downhill with a huge bunker with pampas grass above the bunker on a hill. Missed the drive right and it bounced over the bunker and ended up dead behind the pampa grass.  I had to chip the ball out sideways and a little backwards.  Holed out a 5 wood for eagle and it held up for a $510 skin.

WHAAT!!!!

Originally Posted by clearwaterms

I have been on this forum for 3 years, and never got to post in this thread until now....  (suck it golf gods :)

yesterday, 16th hole, short par 5.  ~450 yards with water on the right hand side.  If you can carry the drive 250, you can hit it to the 150 mark, but come up short and you are 3 off the tee box.  The safe place is a FW or hybrid to around the 200 yard mark, and then go from there into the small and undulating green.

I hit the driver and pulled it (left handed) and it went further right, but like most pulled shots, it went a country mile.  Landed right of the 150 mark, and rolled to just inside 135 yards to the middle.  Pin was in the front.  I pulled a PW and put it on the green, leaving myself a put that had to negotiate 3 breaks and about 25~30' of green.  I figured, lag it close, leave myself below the hole for a realistic comeback birdie.

I hit the put firm, and the first break wasn't as severe as I had anticipated and it stayed above the hole, slowing down on the 2nd, falling into the cup for my first eagle.  The course I played is a short and easy municipal (5600 yard par 72) which ends 5,3,5 for the last 3 holes.  I went 3,3,4 or Eagle, Par, Birdie to finish with a 38 on a par 37 back.  I had an 8 over 43 on the front, so I shot a course best 81.

That calls for a killer fist pump.  Love holing long putts.

Par 5, hit a perfect drive down the middle, a not bad 3 wood of the fairway then hit over a bunker with an 9i from 120 yards! It's the only one ive had and definitely the highlight of my golfing, but my brother hit a hole in one last summer and took the shine of it... Bastard!

Gaz Lee

I play with this guy who's a 4 handicap but has never made an eagle in his career. My first eagle was when I was about 13 years old - I holed out a hybrid on a par 4 from the rough from about 180 out. Since then, I've probable made about 20-30 more eagles. None as nice as the first though.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

A 500 yard downhill par 5 hole's tee was moved up a bit and played a bit shorter.  I hit a beautiful draw that carried and rolled about 270 yards.  It was followed by a straight 3 wood shot and the ball came up short about 2 feet off green.  I chipped in a 20 footer with SW from there.   Moved up tee, and front flag position helped.   I saved the ball (Titleist NXT Tour) and score card .

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Almost started a thread about how I lipped out what would have been my first eagle on wednesday night.....

Superfast 12 LS Driver set at 10*w/ProLaunch red shaft

:callaway:RazrFitXtreme w/MatrixBlackTie 15*:adams:Idea ProBlack hybrid 16*:adams: Idea ProBlack Hybrid 20*  :callaway: RazrX Forged 4-PW  CG14  54* S Wedge

Idea A3 60*  L wedge

:rife: IBF Aussie Tour Blade putter

First eagIe, I was 35, 9 handicap 20 years ago in the days of wooden drivers & balata balls. (Dunlop Maxpower woods & Irons)

Downhill par 5, 538 yards, hit a great drive about 310 yards (firm fairway, lots of bounce & roll), hit a 5 iron that landed short (as intended) and rolled up past the pin to 5 feet... made the putt. At one point the ball was hidden by the flag stick & I started yelling albatross... eagle was nice though.

I don't believe my first eagle was actually an eagle... but I out it on the scorecard that way because there was no proof to say otherwise. 2nd hole of the course I was playing is a long par 5. My tee shot went right and found some fescue. I hacked it out to about 200 yards and then hit the longest iron I had, which was a 3 iron. I hit it thin and left of my target, but it faded back towards the green. I couldn't see the ball land from where I was... and the green was out of view. I was positive it had gone over the back of the green. When I got up there, I couldn't find my ball anywhere. There was a group of guys on the next tee who said to look in the hole because it had gone in. I laughed... but looked anyway. There it was! I thought they were messing with me and had put it in there... but they were adamant that I'd holed it out. I joined them from there to finish my round and at no point did they give any indication that they were messing with me. CY

Career Bests
- 18 Holes - 72 (+1) - Par 71 - Pine Island Country Club - 6/25/2022
- 9 Holes - 36 (E) - Par 36 - Pine Island Country Club - 6/25/2022

Originally Posted by Fairway_CY

I don't believe my first eagle was actually an eagle... but I out it on the scorecard that way because there was no proof to say otherwise.

< Snip >

When I got up there, I couldn't find my ball anywhere. There was a group of guys on the next tee who said to look in the hole because it had gone in. I laughed... but looked anyway. There it was!

If a tree falls in a forest and there is nobody there to listen, would it make a sound?  Of course it does (does it?).     Sounds like a 100% eagle to me.

I had a few shots that I've pitched in but had no idea where the hole was and therefore I could not see if my ball went in.  And you bet I counted those shots!

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Never had one.

I wonder if I'll ever get one as even on a long par 4 (460-480) I struggle to get on in 2. I often end up 20-40 yards off the green with my 2nd shot.

I was 3ft away from a hole in one last night.

Never had one. I wonder if I'll ever get one as even on a long par 4 (460-480) I struggle to get on in 2. I often end up 20-40 yards off the green with my 2nd shot. I was 3ft away from a hole in one last night.

If you're playing from a set of tees where you're playing 460-480 yd par 4's, your playing waaaaay too long of a course! :-O

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

• 3 weeks later...

My first eagle came about two weeks ago.

480 yard par 5. Straight hole with a tight fairway. OB to the left, bunkers and knee high grass down the right. No room for errors.

I've been hitting it right off every tee box so far. Lost 3 balls because of this and I was getting frustrated. /beerme.

Aimed right at the bunkers down the right. Draw time. Shoulder turn, head still, and off it went.

Finally, a ball actually did what I wanted it to do. Fairway. Sigh of relief.

201 to the flag, Flag is front left. Perfect distance for my 3 hybrid. Draw seemed to just work. Lets rip another one.

Aimed at the right edge of the green. 15 feet right of the green it is gone. Focus! Shoulder turn, head still, and off it went.

On the green! Now these are fast greens compared to what I've been playing. In the clubhouse it says 10.5. My speed has been bad all day.

25 footer. Downhill sweeper breaking two foot left. Read it. Find my line. Practice swing. Roll it down the line, get it close, birdie time!!

In the hole! It looked like it was going to stop just in front of it but it just toppled over.

Still eludes me. Had an eagle putt from 40 feet on Sunday that just missed, and almost chipped in eagles on par 5s last weekend and this past Tuesday. 3 opportunities in the past 10 days, no dice. Birdied all three at least...

Soon...soon...

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

Originally Posted by kw purp

earlier this year I hit a big drive, shanked a hybrid and shanked in a 7 iron for eagle. It was epic

Are you done yet? It's getting old.

Dave :-)

9th hole at Conklin Players Club last year.  Downhill dogleg left par 5.  Usually hit my 3 wood or 3 hybrid because my normal shot shape with those is a draw.  I can't remember what I hit off the tee that time, mighta been 3 wood.  Anyway, it's not really a super long hole and you actually don't wanna go to far because you'll be hitting your second from a NASTY downhill fairway.  I pulled my tee shot left, and was on the slope to the left of the fairway bunker.  200 yards or so out downhill, ball had to have been a foot below my feet.  I pulled a 5 iron out of my bag, beautiful, effortless dead center strike on the clubface, ball launched way up in the air towards the left side of the green.  Finished on the fringe probably 30... 40 ft from the hole.  Had to deal with a ridge in the green so probably 2ft of break.  Hit my putt, at first I thought way to hard, but it started to slow up and take the break about half way there and it fell dead center of the hole.  My brother in laws jaw dropped... I was doing the fist pump and I was stoked.  This came after I birdied the par 3 7th.  So I played holes 7-10 at -2.  Overall it actually wasn't that great a round, but for those 4 holes I felt on top of the world, lol.  It was fantastic.

Callaway XR 9.5 + 1, Taylormade R15 3 Wood, Burner 3 Rescue, Callaway XHot 5H, Warbird 4H, Nike Vapor Fly 6-AW Irons, Titleist Vokey 54, 60 Wedges, Taylormade Rossa Fontana Putter, Srixon Z-Star Tour Yellow.

Best Score 2017:  82 (Traditions at the Glen, Par 70)

Favorite Course - Conklin Players Club (Par 72) - Best Score 86

Note: This thread is 3885 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!