IGNORED

2013 Farmers Insurance Open at Torrey Pines Discussion Thread

mvmac
Note: This thread is 4107 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by Clambake

Tiger's drives are all over the place, some of them so far off line he's hitting into spots I don't see amateurs get to when playing there.  If his scrambling wasn't so amazingly good right now Snedeker would about to be repeat champion.

This has to be the slowest round of golf on Tour.    3 hours so far for TW's group to play 8 holes.  Maybe someone should tell Tiger to "Play it Forward" to better be in the short grass and pick up the pace?

to be fair, his last one hit a tree and caromed left.

and i agree, this has been excruciatingly slow.

Colin P.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

They sure are desperately trying to make it look like Woods could lose that lead coming in. That sure won't happen. But his driving today is really concerning. Perhaps it's because of the slow play, the wind or something else. It's crazy, the guy wins by 5 or so and probably will leave with a sour taste.

But I really think the missing rhytm due to the slooooow play in front of him has something to do with his uneven play today. They just said the group in front of Woods is a whole par 5 and some more behind, that's ridiculous...

This has to be the slowest round of golf on Tour.    3 hours so far for TW's group to play 8 holes.  Maybe someone should tell Tiger to "Play it Forward" to better be in the short grass and pick up the pace?

Maybe in their haste to get as many holes as possible yesterday they put everybody off too close together?  7 or 8 minutes perhaps, instead of 10 or 15 or whatever their usual is?

I noticed that there was a group waiting in the fairway behind Tiger's group on 6 yesterday, which means that there was no gap at all between the guys who started their final round on the back nine and the leaders.  I've never seen that before either.

Originally Posted by Beachcomber

Why are these dudes playing so slow?  It is painfully slow.

i know...doesnt it have the feel of a US Open?  dudes just grinding.

Colin P.

Why did Tiger look like he was 100 yards behind the other 2 there?  Did he tee off with a 7 iron?  (In case you are wondering, I'm watching with one eye and no sound, and no DVR, at work)

Tiger is making this win as hard as possible

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

Why did Tiger look like he was 100 yards behind the other 2 there?  Did he tee off with a 7 iron?  (In case you are wondering, I'm watching with one eye and no sound, and no DVR, at work)

He hit a 3W with about a -9 AoA.  And took a huge divot.  Look like he stuck it into the ground behind the ball and skied it.

he hit a 3 wood, flared it out right.  the others hit driver and cut the corner a little.

Colin P.

Originally Posted by colin007

this is getting ugly...

Glad he had a 9 stroke lead at one point...

lol.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Originally Posted by Mr. Desmond

We are being treated to some seriously bad golf.

It almost feels like these golfers are having a case of the Mondays.  I mean that seriously.  It's like a lot of them weren't geared up to play today, as it's anticlimactic (not a full round, and Tiger is supposed to win going away).

Tiger's group had been waiting most of the day.  The group in front of them is a full par 5 (and some) behind the next group.

I noticed that there was a group waiting in the fairway behind Tiger's group on 6 yesterday, which means that there was no gap at all between the guys who started their final round on the back nine and the leaders.  I've never seen that before either.

Yesterday Hunter Mahan made the turn while teeing off the back nine first, and had to wait some 10-20 minutes before he could tee off on 1.

Popped up a 3w.

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Originally Posted by Beachcomber

This is insane... Sneds must be enjoying a roast beef sandwich, while Tiger is trying to grind out a win.

Snedeker finished like 2+ hours ago didn't he?  He could have taken a nap, did some surfing and then ate lunch.

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Originally Posted by JetFan1983

Wow could these clowns in front of Tiger be moving any slower??

I'd be going freakin nuts with these snails ahead of him. It has got to be affecting his play.

Odyssey white Hot 2 ball cut down to 29"

Cobra ZL 9.5 driver
Adams Speedline 3W 13*
TourEdge Bazooka 20* hybrid
Powerbilt forged combo 3-PW
Ping Tour S 52 and 56 wedges

I wonder if Tiger will be pissed about pace of play

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

Note: This thread is 4107 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!