IGNORED

2013 Farmers Insurance Open at Torrey Pines Discussion Thread

mvmac
Note: This thread is 4099 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

241y to 6 feet - nice eagle for Tiger - cancels out the double

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

I was thinking to myself "I wish the announcers would shut up for a minute so I could hear what the pros are saying in between shots" when Bradley dropped a "god damn it" just after his tee shot on the par 3 sixth.  It made me laugh.

Shot Tracker is the biggest POS web application I have ever seen.

Apparently, every single one of Tiger's tee shots have gone 90* left lol

Go Mike Weir!  -6 thru 14 holes ... tied for 2nd currently.  Although, the "real" leaderboard should probably look more like this right now:

Tiger Woods -6

Tag Ridings -6

Steve Marino -4

Josh Teater -4

Harris English -4

KJ Choi -4

Those are all the guys in the top 15 currently who are playing the south course today.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by colin007

I jinxed him. He's been under-reading his breaks on the shorter putts.

Yeah, not really how you want to see him finish the day, but the bright side is that 68 on the South course is pretty darn good.  (Only 4 players did better)

TW -4 on the South course.  He is sitting just fine going to the North course tomorrow.  Did I hear that correctly that the South course is playing 7,700 yards?!  Wow.  That is LONG.  Little Mike Weir is going to have to hit the range with those longer sticks and get them grooved for tomorrow.

Charles Howell III 2/14 fairways and shoots a 66.

I was following CH3 on my phone, and almost every approach shot was out of the primary rough. I have no idea how he shot a 66, but he still has the mojo and nothing above 67 so far in 2013. Things may be different on the South Course tomorrow...

Originally Posted by Thrash13

I was following CH3 on my phone, and almost every approach shot was out of the primary rough. I have no idea how he shot a 66, but he still has the mojo and nothing above 67 so far in 2013. Things may be different on the South Course tomorrow...

The fairways are very tight and firm... So they are not easy to hold.  The good news, the 'rough' is pretty manageable.  At least on Tuesday when I was there, the rough was pretty much a non issue as it was cut very short.  And only in some low lying areas did it look like the grass was of any substantial length.  So for the most part, even if you are hitting out of the rough, it is manageable.

The fairways should be a lot softer today, as it has been raining pretty good all morning so far.....probably won't get any roll at all.     I never really understand why the Tour schedules the West Coast swing the way they do.   January and February are our winter, and although it is very mild by the standards of much of the country we do get rain, and often a lot of it.    It seems every year we get inclement weather affecting the tourneys in San Diego, LA, and Pebble.     Even Hawaii in January can be spotty, as we saw at Kapalua this year.

I am pulling for Mike Weir to do well.  Seems like a good dude and he really had a bad injury.  I like his swing.  Did you see the "extra" effort shot from the rough?  Made the announcers chuckle.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

I'm pulling for Weir too as he is working with Grant and Joe... But playing the South Course today - when it is wet?! He is going to have to chip and putt out of his mind.

It doesn't help that he hasn't made a cut in like 17 tournaments... But it would be nice to see him at least get that monkey off his back this week.  Unfortunately, adding another two days of weekend tournament golf on the South - with it playing long and wet... He may want to get the jet engines tuned up, and head out to Scottsdale?

Note: This thread is 4099 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!