IGNORED

2013 Accenture Match Play Bracket Challenge and Discussion Thread

mvmac
Note: This thread is 4077 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Want to make sure I congratulate mchepp on winning the TST bracket challenge!  Came down to a tie breaker with David in FL who also had 75 points.  Nice job Mike!

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

BTW guys, Michael C. Hepp won the balls. He tied David in FL and got the tiebreaker right.

A comeback of epic proportions after my debacle in round 1.....but my homeboy Kuch couldn't close the door fast enough! :-D Congrats to Mike and thanks for the bracket challenge Erik and Mike!

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Originally Posted by phan52

I take it Bridgestone was not pleased.

they should be displeased with themselves, they couldnt hook him up with some nice mittens...

Colin P.

Thanks for having the contest. I think this was great fun. I enjoyed watching the standings change as the winners were announced.

Michael

Ah, wish I joined earlier to make it for the challenge! Kuchar was my favourite, love the guy. He's one guy I can usually always count on getting me points in fantasy leagues. Consistent, classy and awesome golfer.

:titleist: 913 D2 w/ Oban Kiyoshi Purple :ping: G25 3 Wood w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-DJ6 :titleist: 913H 21* w/ Diamana Blue :ping: G25 4 - PW :vokey: SM4 Oil Can - 52, 56, 60 :cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 :golflogix: :bushnell: Tour V3

Just visited USA TODAY.com's sports page and not a word on the main page about this event. Listened to my fav sports talk radio shows today and no reports of Kucher winning. This even isn't as big to the sportsworld as it is to junky golfers - and there's something wrong w/ that when the top 60 golfers go at it like they did.

Originally Posted by Rick Martin

Just visited USA TODAY.com's sports page and not a word on the main page about this event. Listened to my fav sports talk radio shows today and no reports of Kucher winning. This even isn't as big to the sportsworld as it is to junky golfers - and there's something wrong w/ that when the top 60 golfers go at it like they did.

well, to be fair, its more about who wins.  trust me, if tiger or rory had won, theyd be talking about it.  mike & mike wouldve talked it up, without a doubt.

Colin P.

Originally Posted by Rick Martin

Another user, Pakoh and I played yesterday at a local course here in SoCal... And we were chuckling because the '19th hole' at the course, which is quite nice - setup as a more modern day sports bar... Has dozens of large LCD tv's playing sports, nice and clean interior... Not one had the WGC Match Play event on.

College Basketball... Check.

NBA Basketball... Check.

Daytona 500.... Check.

Absolutely no signs of the finals Match Play event.  :faceplam:

Originally Posted by Beachcomber

Another user, Pakoh and I played yesterday at a local course here in SoCal... And we were chuckling because the '19th hole' at the course, which is quite nice - setup as a more modern day sports bar... Has dozens of large LCD tv's playing sports, nice and clean interior... Not one had the WGC Match Play event on.

College Basketball... Check.

NBA Basketball... Check.

Daytona 500.... Check.

Absolutely no signs of the finals Match Play event.  :faceplam:

Lame.  Did you ask them to put it on?

I get it ... trying to get in some last minute desperation practice in an attempt to avoid the inevitable beat down?  How'd Pakoh do?  I spent my yesterday at the range trying to reduce my handicap by 5 strokes in one hour so I can pull my weight tomorrow ... don't think I succeeded. ;)

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

I get it ... trying to get in some last minute desperation practice in an attempt to avoid the inevitable beat down?  How'd Pakoh do?  I spent my yesterday at the range trying to reduce my handicap by 5 strokes in one hour so I can pull my weight tomorrow ... don't think I succeeded. ;)

No comment.

Poor Kuchar, hardly a word about his victory on XM PGA Tour radio today - all anyone wanted to discuss was the (proposed) anchor ban.

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

I'm sure he's crying all the way to the bank.

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Note: This thread is 4077 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!