IGNORED

2013 Honda Classic Discussion Thread

TourSpoon
Note:Β This thread is 4063 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

A new thread may have to be created on this topic. I for one am glad he didn't feign injury, but it does beg a lot of questions. We've had similar discussions about Phil and Tiger in similar contexts before, and this is just as big a deal.

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

I love Rory, but this sort of move is Bush League. He should not be walking off the course without finishing that 18th hole. What he should have done is play the hole out, accept the results, and then walk off the course.

Rory needs to be better than this sort of thing.

Originally Posted by 9iron

I love Rory, but this sort of move is Bush League. He should not be walking off the course without finishing that 18th hole. What he should have done is play the hole out, accept the results, and then walk off the course.

If he isn't injured, I agree 100%.

Deryck Griffith

Titleist 910 D3: 9.5degΒ GD Tour AD DI7xΒ | Nike Dymo 3W: 15deg, UST S-flex | Mizuno MP CLKΒ Hybrid: 20deg,Β Project X Tour Issue 6.5, HC1 ShaftΒ | Mizuno MP-57 4-PW, DG X100 Shaft, 1deg upright | Cleveland CG15 Wedges: 52, 56, 60deg |Β Scotty Cameron California Del MarΒ | TaylorMade Penta, TP Black LDP, Nike 20XI-X

Just saw on ESPN that Rory's camp stated "He's in a bad place mentally.

Let the hating begin!

Ron :nike: GOLF Embracing my Angry Black Male :mad:

Originally Posted by 9iron

If he doesn't finish the round, does it matter if he quits before the hole is completed or not? Β That was only his 9th hole of the round.

Some quotes.

"There's not really say much I can say, guys," he said to three reporters in the parking lot before driving away. "I'm not in a good place mentally, you know?"

Asked if anything was wrong physically, McIlroy answered, "No." Asked about his swing getting stuck, he said, "Yeah, I really don't know what's going on."

Deryck Griffith

Titleist 910 D3: 9.5degΒ GD Tour AD DI7xΒ | Nike Dymo 3W: 15deg, UST S-flex | Mizuno MP CLKΒ Hybrid: 20deg,Β Project X Tour Issue 6.5, HC1 ShaftΒ | Mizuno MP-57 4-PW, DG X100 Shaft, 1deg upright | Cleveland CG15 Wedges: 52, 56, 60deg |Β Scotty Cameron California Del MarΒ | TaylorMade Penta, TP Black LDP, Nike 20XI-X

Oh boy. Rory is making news, but not because of his scores. More like the lack of even posting a score.Rory is great for the game, and i'm a big fan of him, but Come' on man!

It ain't that easy to win. To win when everyone expects you to win.( Tiger you tha man)

Could this be attributed to equipment change?Β Could the titlesit clubs have hadΒ some voodoo, or was it the wizards in the tour van, possibly,sprinkling magic dust over the clubs? Someone with his talent should have stumbled upon a 66 by accident, but he has been playing like me lately...terrible.

definitely the clubs.Β  not that he can't hit them, just that he's heard people talk about it so much it has gotten to him.Β  and now not making a cut yet has gotten to him.Β  he needs to turn off the news, have a couple of pints, and show up at the masters with some sort of disguise on and hope for the best.

gotta be tough to have so many expectations at this age and level, but jeez the money you get paid...suck it up, see a shrink or two, take some time off or get laid.Β  you have every calming aid at your disposal--work or not--this is your life bud.

Originally Posted by Deryck Griffith

Some quotes.

"There's not really say much I can say, guys," he said to three reporters in the parking lot before driving away. "I'm not in a good place mentally, you know?"

Asked if anything was wrong physically, McIlroy answered, "No." Asked about his swing getting stuck, he said, "Yeah, I really don't know what's going on."

I'm probably only sympathetic to his plight because I feel the same way sometimes. Β Granted, I'm not one of the world's best golfers...or even one of the world's 100,000 best golfers, but still...sometimes when I'm on my way to a 95-100+ round, I just would rather pick up and walk off. Β So I feel the mental anguish. Β But as was discussed somewhat relevantly in the Phil thread last year, these guys are pros and people pay to watch them and they are paid to play, so there is a debatable obligation for them to finish rounds.

Nike's next commercial can be Rory sneaking covertly off the golf course.

I see what you did there...

Colin P.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

So with Rory on the skids, how long before Tiger reclaims #1 OWGR?

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

Tiger will always be #1............in my heart...:-D

Colin P.

Originally Posted by k-troop

Not long... Not the clubs, but geez there seems to be a Nike curse or something.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5)Β :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI)Β :benhogan:Β Icon(4-PW)Β :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:PutterΒ :snell:Β MTB BlackΒ Β 

I'm really surprised and disappointed in Rory. Suck it up and finish your round, man. You're the defending champion and your attitude makes you look like a petulant child. You've been hanging out with Tiger too much.

I like Rory, but that's childish.Β  Play the last nine, take a couple of silly questions, smile, then go home and bang your head against the wall.Β  In other words, grow up.

• Upvote 1

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;Β  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;Β  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's; Β 56-14 F grind andΒ 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty CameronΒ Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Rory, with his new $100M Nike endorsement deal, is getting a real taste of what Tiger has had to deal with all these years.Β  Golf is hard enough to play on it's own,Β knowing everyone in the world is watching and critiquing Β every swing is a completely different level.

Walking off the course after 9 might have seemed like the right thing to do at the time, but I have a feeling he'll regret it.

• Upvote 2

Joe Paradiso

Note:Β This thread is 4063 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!