IGNORED

My Swing (cipher)

cipher
Note: This thread is 973 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I never thought the right arm bend at address was ever really a problem, but someone please correct me if I'm wrong. I agree though, you don't see really too many pros with that much softness there.

Obviously what you have it at now is what pros do typically. Just enough softness, so to speak.

Yeah it just seems to help me feel I can take the hands back a bit to start instead of the hands wanting to go in.  I don't know that it is really a problem either, but I just don't really like the idea of losing flex trying to go back in the elbow and then regaining it.  Having a little less softness just "feels" like I can take the hands straight back until the elbow starts to fold.

Nate

:tmade:(11.5) :touredge:(2H) MIURA MB-101(3-PW) :mizuno:(52/56/60)

:odyssey: :snell: 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

[QUOTE name="JetFan1983" url="/t/65114/my-swing-cipher/540#post_995389"]   I never thought the right arm bend at address was ever really a problem, but someone please correct me if I'm wrong. I agree though, you don't see really too many pros with that much softness there. Obviously what you have it at now is what pros do typically. Just enough softness, so to speak. [/QUOTE] Yeah it just seems to help me feel I can take the hands back a bit to start instead of the hands wanting to go in.  I don't know that it is really a problem either, but I just don't really like the idea of losing flex trying to go back in the elbow and then regaining it.  Having a little less softness just "feels" like I can take the hands straight back until the elbow starts to fold.

Oh yea. Good point on doing this to reduce the in and increase the back and up. Well explained. Thanks.

Constantine

Here is the actual video of the swing I did the comparisons of.  The follow through is funky right now, but is kind of a sign of things that are changing.

• Upvote 1

Nate

Played nine this morning, shot 40.  I recorded almost all the shots from the round.  There was a par 3 where I did not get the two putts on film cuz a granpappy in a cart was passing me by at the speed of light.  Enjoy my snowman on the first par five.  I put two in the drink, the second being a 5 iron shank which skipped across the water as I turned away in disgust.   Had some decent holes.  Kind of a crazy 40.  I did this just for fun and to challenge myself and feel the pressure that no matter what I have to post the results.  It made me feel a little pressure which is good.   Besides the snowman, a long three putt, a crappy pitch on the first par three and hook off the tee on the last were my big mistakes.   I don't know that I will do this again, but it was fun.

Dude, this is awesome!!  Might have been a hassle, but I think it's a great idea.  So, my question is ... logistics??

Do you have a camera on a tri-pod?  (My hunch is no, based on your approach on 18 ;))  Or are you just using a camera on a gorilla pod or a protosports holster or something like that?

How long did it take you to set up each shot?

I think I'd love to try something like this as well if I can.

Dude, this is awesome!!  Might have been a hassle, but I think it's a great idea.  So, my question is ... logistics??

Do you have a camera on a tri-pod?  (My hunch is no, based on your approach on 18 ;))  Or are you just using a camera on a gorilla pod or a protosports holster or something like that?

How long did it take you to set up each shot?

I think I'd love to try something like this as well if I can.

Basically I used this setup(whatever it is called) below and just twisted the legs around my push cart handle.  The only hassle was always making sure the legs were tight enough to be stable for the shot. That is why it slipped on the one shot in the thick stuff.  It worked well for the most part and only took 10 seconds or so of extra time to set up each shot.  It was fun, you definitely should give it a go sometime.   I would love to see other guys do this, and it might even be fun to start a thread where people could do it and post if enough guys were doing it.

Also I think I need to move back to the back tees on this course because three of my drives were not that bad they just kind of overran the turns in the fairway.

Nate

That is way to cool.  Only thing, maybe you should post the scorecard and round summary in the next post.  That way the audience does not know what is coming.

I wish I had the ability to do that.  I think it could be very telling or helpful for others to see the state of my game.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

That is way to cool.  Only thing, maybe you should post the scorecard and round summary in the next post.  That way the audience does not know what is coming.

I wish I had the ability to do that.  I think it could be very telling or helpful for others to see the state of my game.

That is a good thought.  Thanks!  Not sure if I will do more of these, but it was a lot of fun anyway.

Nate

Played nine this morning, shot 40.  I recorded almost all the shots from the round.  There was a par 3 where I did not get the two putts on film cuz a granpappy in a cart was passing me by at the speed of light.  Enjoy my snowman on the first par five.  I put two in the drink, the second being a 5 iron shank which skipped across the water as I turned away in disgust.   Had some decent holes.  Kind of a crazy 40.  I did this just for fun and to challenge myself and feel the pressure that no matter what I have to post the results.  It made me feel a little pressure which is good.   Besides the snowman, a long three putt, a crappy pitch on the first par three and hook off the tee on the last were my big mistakes.   I don't know that I will do this again, but it was fun.

Cool, I've been thinking about doing something like this as well. That's it, this is what my son and I will do Friday!

Should we put these into the "What'd you shoot today?" thread?

Thanks for the inspiration "Mark Crossfield style"!

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Basically I used this setup(whatever it is called) below and just twisted the legs around my push cart handle.  The only hassle was always making sure the legs were tight enough to be stable for the shot. That is why it slipped on the one shot in the thick stuff.  It worked well for the most part and only took 10 seconds or so of extra time to set up each shot.  It was fun, you definitely should give it a go sometime.   I would love to see other guys do this, and it might even be fun to start a thread where people could do it and post if enough guys were doing it.

Also I think I need to move back to the back tees on this course because three of my drives were not that bad they just kind of overran the turns in the fairway.

Awesome post, Cipher! Thanks for sharing that.

A "Course VLOG" thread/section would be pretty damn sweet and I think you pushed me over the edge to buy a GoPro.

Cool, I've been thinking about doing something like this as well. That's it, this is what my son and I will do Friday!

Thanks for the inspiration "Mark Crossfield style"!

Awesome post, Cipher! Thanks for sharing that.

A "Course VLOG" thread/section would be pretty damn sweet and I think you pushed me over the edge to buy a GoPro.

Yeah I think if enough people were doing them it would be cool as it's own section or page.

Nate

This might set the standard for a new genre of game improvement. You can see what you did wrong and get comments from instructors and coaches as to what you might try next time!!!

This could be the start of a great new era for TST!

• Upvote 1

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Very cool.  Great job! :dance:

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Very cool. :-) I can't think of a time I could be on any course here in Mass that I would have it to myself to do this.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Very cool.    I can't think of a time I could be on any course here in Mass that I would have it to myself to do this.

Yeah I ended up teeing off about 5:45am because I let two groups of two in carts go in front of me.  I know the guys and they fly through nine in about an hour.

Nate

• Administrator

No. Your "My Swing" thread and the VLOG thread I created.

Very cool.    I can't think of a time I could be on any course here in Mass that I would have it to myself to do this.

You don't need to be alone to do it. Plus, you can quickly edit later, so just hit record and film a bunch of extra, then trim it out in post.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Actually this brings up a good point. I spend a lot of time waiting for people in front of me. This is one way for me to kill time.

Yes, even with my 20 second setup and address time, I wait anywhere from 8 minutes to 15 minutes per hole. :roll:

Sorry @cipher for the off topic.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Played nine this morning, shot 39.  Worked a bit on the "dealing the cards" feeling with my pitches.  My feel was off a bit with that.  I will keep working on it.  My full/partial shot wedge game the past few days has been unusually off.  It will come around.  Hitting some slight pushes with the driver again, which is OK by me for my miss.  No snap hooks or shanks today! :dance: Irons were pretty straight with not much draw today.

I probably could have made one more putt if I had been using AimPoint, but I was in a bit of a hurry this morning so I did not get full reads.

• Upvote 1

Nate

Note: This thread is 973 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!