IGNORED

My Swing (cipher)

cipher
Note: This thread is 971 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Yeah, we talked about this a little on twitter when I saw the videos. IMO, its better to take a leap and exaggerate when it comes to this piece. You either end up closer to the middle than you imagined you would have OR the middle becomes a lot more comfortable after feeling the other extreme.

With better turning rates, I don't think it would have been as exaggerated as it seemed. "Up" is "out" (to a point) without the "in" created by the shoulder turn.

• Upvote 1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Creating a golfer in my son today, and creating life long memories!  One of the most enjoyable days for me and for him, he wanted to keep going!

Nate

:tmade:(11.5) :touredge:(2H) MIURA MB-101(3-PW) :mizuno:(52/56/60)

:odyssey: :snell: 

Is that MINI-BUBBA!!! Man he get a hold of that ball on the 2nd swing! I like that he hits up on the ball. :dance:

Awesome video man!!!

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Is that MINI-BUBBA!!! Man he get a hold of that ball on the 2nd swing! I like that he hits up on the ball. :dance: Awesome video man!!!

Yeah he only knows one way to swing at the moment! ;) I have not tried to teach him anything yet.

Nate

• Administrator

A4

A7.5

A17 (because his swing doesn't stop at A10 like a normal person)

• Upvote 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I got a kick out of watching your Son. That kid gots skillz yo...Great stuff !!!!!

Nice. You'll treasure the memories for a good long time. :-)

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Best A17 in history @iacas !

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammer 4

I got a kick out of watching your Son. That kid gots skillz yo...Great stuff !!!!!

Nice. You'll treasure the memories for a good long time.

Thanks guys!

Nate

That's awesome! Memories for a lifetime! I love the huge smile he had on his face when he caught one good and turned to you!

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

That's awesome! Memories for a lifetime! I love the huge smile he had on his face when he caught one good and turned to you!

That was a great moment. These are great memories and hopefully by posting this others can look back to old memories or look forward to the possibility of new ones. Why the heck did we ever grow up? What were we thinking?

• Upvote 1

Nate

That was a great moment. These are great memories and hopefully by posting this others can look back to old memories or look forward to the possibility of new ones.

Proud son, proud dad. Truly, a magical moment, and you caught it on film! Love it, thanks for sharing! [quote name="cipher" url="/t/65114/my-swing-cipher/630#post_1001430"] Why the heck did we ever grow up? What were we thinking?[/quote]We didn't know any better? LOL This kind of thing makes it all worth it.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Great to see he's enjoying being out there and hitting the ball! Surely a golfing buddy for life right there :dance:

Henry

Question for @iacas or @mvmac .  My boy Ethan really took to playing this weekend and wants to golf every Saturday now with me.  He is just six at the moment.  Should I try to change anything at the moment with his set-up or anything, or just let him, have fun?  I am, leaning towards just the fun, but don't know if the way he holds his hands apart on the club or anything like that is bad in the long run.  Basically the only thing I have told him at all is to try and swing a bit easier, not quite so all out... :-D

Nate

Maybe buy a cheap kids set. Something a bit lighter maybe. He does look to struggle a bit swinging that driver around. I know he'll probably grow out of them fast, but couldn't hurt.

I would say keep it fun, its a good sign he wants to take the initiative. :beer:

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Question for @iacas or @mvmac.  My boy Ethan really took to playing this weekend and wants to golf every Saturday now with me.  He is just six at the moment.  Should I try to change anything at the moment with his set-up or anything, or just let him, have fun?  I am, leaning towards just the fun, but don't know if the way he holds his hands apart on the club or anything like that is bad in the long run.  Basically the only thing I have told him at all is to try and swing a bit easier, not quite so all out...

I think you might want to let him swing "all out".

Hasn't it been said it is easier to train accuracy than speed?

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Maybe buy a cheap kids set. Something a bit lighter maybe. He does look to struggle a bit swinging that driver around. I know he'll probably grow out of them fast, but couldn't hurt.

I would say keep it fun, its a good sign he wants to take the initiative.

The set I got him earlier this year and he is using in the videos is this one .  It is a 5-8 year old kids set.  He is just a bit small for his age, probably because of his asthma, but yeah it is definitely a bit big for him at the moment.

Nate

I think you might want to let him swing "all out".

Hasn't it been said it is easier to train accuracy than speed?

I am fine with close to all out.  He just has to make sure he at least hits the ball and does not hit the back of his head with the club though. :-D

Nate

Note: This thread is 971 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!