• Announcements

• iacas

Introducing TST "Clubs!"   08/28/2017

No, we're not getting into the equipment business, but we do have "clubs" here on TST now. Groups. Check them out here:
Sign in to follow this  
iacas

The Definitive &#(@%ing Cursing/Swearing/Cussing/Profanity Thread

Golfingdad    1,850

What are the rules in here?  Are we suppose to discuss swearing and what we think of it.

Or are we just suppose to f%$king curse up a f%$king storm in here when we want to get things off our f%$king chests??

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

iacas    4,174
Originally Posted by Golfingdad

What are the rules in here?  Are we suppose to discuss swearing and what we think of it.

This, as it applies to golf, Tour players, your children, sporting events, your regular foursome, etc.

It's in Golf Talk. :)

meenman    66

In my foursome, I always scream *language* when someone curses.

They then tell me if I cant handle it, I need to go to f*@#ing church and not be on the golf course.

indyvai    3
There's a reason Golf is a four letter word! I played an outing once for the archdiocese of Newark... Big problem because I'm a big "Jesus!" guy after a bad shot. That round it was... "Jesus!... Sorry father."

Beachcomber    204

On Sunday before we tee'd off.  One of the singles introduced himself... We shook hands and I told him before we tee off... I just need to warn you that I have turrets, and it often flares up on the golf course.

He got a kick out of that, and we had a good laugh.  The rest of the day... It was on!

LSU_justin    4
If I'm playing with someone's kid I'll hold back or say things quietly to myself. Otherwise I'll let the words fly. I find it better to swear than to throw your clubs.

tmf9    15

After I hit a bad shot I let the four letter words fly, and I really have no hesitation doing so.  Its a good way to let some anger out, and as said in a previous post a lot better than throwing clubs.  I swear I hear the most colorful strings of cuss words but together on the golf course too, If you can refrain yourself from cussing on a golf course you are a saint lol.

gwlee7    41
Teeing off one New Years Day I told my regular guys that my resolution was to not curse on the mother ****ing golf course.

inthehole    126

I let it rip after a bad shot - probably the worst mouth of anybody I play with.      All this is when I'm playing for absolutely nothing other than pride.

How the tour pro's don't absolutely melt down & go full postal on the course after blowing a shot that could cost them potentially hundreds of thousands of dollars (ok, to put it into terms we can relate to ... the difference between missing one single putt or losing a drive OB on #18 to lose by one stroke would relate to losing a NEW corvette, a NEW tournament bass boat with a V6 engine, a NEW Chevy Suburban to pull it with; and a 3rd home on a Canadian lake ... or if you prefer, a high end Ferrari)  is incomprehensibly baffling to me  (but strangely commendable - absolutely no way I could keep my composure as they do) ... it would be refreshing to see a tour guy go full retard on the course after losing by one missed shot.

tuffluck    10
I don't feel that is an environment for children either, but what do you do in that situation?  Not bring your children to anysporting events until they are a certain age?

Pretty much. You aren't out at the bars with your kids or playing poker with your buds and your kids at your side are you? There are certain things you just can't and shouldn't do with your children.

14ledo81    186
If I'm playing with someone's kid I'll hold back or say things quietly to myself. Otherwise I'll let the words fly. I find it better to swear than to throw your clubs.

Well, that's mighty fine of you. I knew I was not the only one that felt that way. Does it lessen your fun when you play with children so you can't curse? To everyone else: You knew I couldn't hold off on this thread for long.:-D

I will yell every curse imaginable while on the course. My usual playing group does the same. Our only restriction is not yelling profanity at loud volumes while in earshot of other groups/people having coffee on their back porch/course marshals or when near the clubhouse (hole 1, 9, 10, 18).

John daly said when growing up if you didn't curse or break your clubs you didn't care enough about the game. Great minds think alike. I snapped my RBZ driver and Nike 3 wood in half in one round last year. Expensive lesson but it felt good.

jamo    701
Well, that's mighty fine of you. I knew I was not the only one that felt that way. Does it lessen your fun when you play with children so you can't curse? To everyone else: You knew I couldn't hold off on this thread for long.:-D

I think everyone who's not a total ****ing ******* makes sure to curb their language around kids. That said, there are a lot of total ****ing *******s out there.