IGNORED

What TST members would you most like to play a round of golf with?

cipher
Note: This thread is 3943 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

newtogolf, Beachcomber, Vallygolfer, Erik and zipazoid.

I'll take Erik and zip, we'll do a 3v3 scramble. The problem is, my team would end up in Steelers vs Browns banter and I'd have way too many beers to be effective. That's what the Browns do to me

• Upvote 1

DavidinFla would be good with me. We only live a little over an hour apart and hopefully we can get together for a round. Plus he's better than I am and I like watching good golf. :)
my get up and go musta got up and went..

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

In no particular order:

1. mvmac (Go Dons!)

2. Erik

3. GolfingDad

4. Beachcomber

5. bplewis

6. Jamo

7. RontheSavage

8. Jetfan1983

9. Cipher

10. Ernest Jones

11. David in FL

12. Cipher

13. James_Hirshfield

I'll be happy to play golf with anyone in the locker room.

Best Regards,
Ryan

In the :ogio: bag:
:nike: VR-S Covert Tour Driver 10.5 :nike: VR-S Covert Tour 3W :titleist: 712U 21*
:nike: VR Pro Blades 4-PW :vokey: Vokeys 52*, 56* & 60* :scotty_cameron: Studio Select Newport 2
:leupold:
:true_linkswear: 

Originally Posted by RPMPIRE

I'll be happy to play golf with anyone in the locker room.

In the what?

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

For the record, notice I didn't pick golfingdad! I heard from beachcomber and Ernest that that guy is a douchebag! ;)

I am not so concerned with the douchebaggedness, but more the face that he likes to punch people.. I will continue dragging that one up..

Originally Posted by Ernest Jones

My back up group may be Rolopolo, Gilberg and his Uncle (not legally). Doubt we would be finished in under 4.5 hours though....

Gilberg and his Uncle would be great!!  I wonder if they would let me try the Dunlop driver??

For myself, I would have to say Erik.  I think he could have me hitting the ball better very quickly.  Also, David in Fl and Golfingdad.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

I will say Golfingdad, Pakoh and GolfSwine are a pretty fun bunch to play a round of golf with. These three TST users have become my golf 'homies' here in Socal. So much so that we pretty much have a daily group text war filled with off course banter and hazing. But since I've played golf with these three tools, I'll come up with another response. The Socal Golf group is pretty small at the moment, only ~37ish users. And some of those are lurkers, or just peeps checking in on us beach bums who have an aficionado for golf... But it is a way to hook up and play golf with TST users in your local metro. I'd recommend other metros try putting something similar together by starting a group in your local area. It's been fun meeting TST users here in Socal. And I believe someday we could create a larger event where these various groups meet up to play for a TST cup. How cool would that be?! Ok, back on topic. Obviously not all of us live in the same region, so to answer the question of the OP... The users I'd most like to play a round of golf with are: 1.) iacas - I've met Erik at an Aimpoint clinic last summer, but haven't played a round of golf with him. I think it would be fun to play and interact with him on the course. Talk shop, and take his money since he would be giving me ~3 strokes a side. :) I'm still bummed I missed out on the last TST outing in the Spring when Erik was in town. Would've liked to had a chance to play with him while he was in Socal visiting. But alas I was in Taipei. :( 2.) Stretch - reading his 'My Swing' thread gave me inspiration to do the same. And I've found it to be therapeutic to simply document my journey to better my swing pattern. And ultimately improve my game in the quest to play better golf. Stretch is witty, likes music, and drinks. I think he and I would get along great! It would be like the movie Twins if we played together. I'm 5'8". And he is like Wilt Chamberlain in height. I'd demand that he use my standard length clubs, and give me at least a stroke a side. I'm sure he would find a way to scrape together 18 pars to beat my sorry ass too! Also Stretch is the dude that called me what I am... A Goat Humper. How could I not want to meet him and play a round of golf with someone who finally shed light onto my golf DNA and makeup!? 3.) Saijin - the dude has like every golf club known to man. He is the club hoe of club hoe's. And I'd just hangout with him and hit his 15 sets of irons / wedges, 16 drivers and 37 putters until I found what I liked. I envision his bag is stuffed to the gills with various swing aids too. We'd be on the 12th tee and I'd be trying to find the slot in my pre shot routine and he'd come walking up with a Hank Haney swing plane finder for me. Or whip out the Medicus driver on me because I was flipping and losing distance with my sissy fade. He'd be like a tour van at my side. How could you not want this dude in your foursome? Honarable Mention (hey here in Socal they let us play fivesomes at many of the courses!) 4.) mvmac - one of the friendliest guys you'll ever meet. While I've already played a few rounds of golf with him, he is a great mentor and can keep me grounded. Every time I've talked to Mike, I've learned something from him. He is a great guy, and I could talk golf and the swing with him for days. Those that would be on the list to call should any of these four jokers not be available... Anyone with a name beginning with Mr or Mrs. I'm not picky, and love to play golf.

Originally Posted by Ernest Jones

My back up group may be Rolopolo, Gilberg and his Uncle (not legally). Doubt we would be finished in under 4.5 hours though....

Gilberg would be a great pick.  I'd be concerned that he might disappear mid-round.

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

Lots.  I've met Stretch at a clinic in Mass a few years back with Erik, Dave W. and James.  He is tall!  Zipazoid, because I have read his book and could go all Kathy Bates, "I'm your number 1 fan" on him!  JetFan, because a Pats fan and Jets fan playing together would create the spark for world peace.  Beachcomer, GolfingDad, EJ, David in FL and Jamo all sound like fun folks to play with.  Dormie, Fourputt and Rulesman for the education.  Many others.

I would like to play with Erik and Mvmac, but would feel all self conscious about my swing.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Tough but great question

• Erik - can't pass up the opportunity for some free swing advice and insider scoop at TST
  • Golfingdad
  • Spyder
  • Jamo
  • bplewis
  • Jetfan1983 - we can discuss the mess of our team

Joe Paradiso

Originally Posted by newtogolf

Tough but great question

Erik - can't pass up the opportunity for some free swing advice and insider scoop at TST

Golfingdad

Spyder

Jamo

bplewis

Jetfan1983 - we can discuss the mess of our team

lol At least I could make you and Jetfan1983 feel better with my educational "How the Browns went from being relevant, to sucking, to sucking even more through time" history tour. Hell, the best part of my tour is that it would only take about 10 minutes because there's not a whole lot left to say!

lol At least I could make you and Jetfan1983 feel better with my educational "How the Browns went from being relevant, to sucking, to sucking even more through time" history tour. Hell, the best part of my tour is that it would only take about 10 minutes because there's not a whole lot left to say! c2_beer.gif

Sorry Spyder. I'd pick you to be in my foursome, but would walk off crying during the middle of the round as we reminisced about the good old days. I still remember crying when Ernest Byner fumbled. Lol

Man is this a toughie.  I'm going to attempt to limit this to three so as to round out a foursome.

1. BeachComber -- Always wanted to play a round with him because he seemed like a cool guy, wasn't too far, and as a mid-singles handicap I figured he was a good guy to measure my game against.  Plus I've seen his swing a lot.  I always want to see how I measure up to good swings when playing alongside them, and I usually play a little better.  Before Beach, I always wanted to play with Jamo...but he lives to friggin far.
  2. Colin007 -- I can't really tell if he's crazy or just a little kooky, and I'd like to find out while still being in a public setting...just in case.
  3. Stretch -- Because I've always enjoyed his posts, and yet I'm sure he thinks I'm a total douchebag... so I'd love to prove otherwise!

Honorable mention: Deryck Griffith and ValleyGolfer, whom I always seem to see eye-to-eye with on many topics.  I guess I didn't really limit it to three

• Upvote 1

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Tough call as there are too many cool people on here, but I'll say Erik, Mike, and Beachcomber.

"If you watch a game, it's fun. If you play it, it's recreation. If you work at it, it's golf."

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

Fortunately, I've had the chance to play with quite a few members already, and I'm adding bplewis24 to list in a couple of weeks .. So not counting all of them, there are still several I would love to play with. If I have to pick only 3 I think I'm picking Ernest and fourputt, and were meeting David in Florida for a round at sawgrass or bay hill or some nice place like that.

We can talk golf swing, or even rules .,, but politics is off limits!!! :)

Oh yeah......politics would be baaaad!

I'm going to go with an East/West/International thing.

Out West, I really want to get in one of the SoCal get togethers, they sound like a BLAST.  GD, Beach, Desmond (again, no politics ), et.al....

Over on the "right" coast, maybe bring Zippy back home where he really belongs, BuckeyNut just to warm him up from the long cold winter, and Collin007 so that I can show him the error of his man crush on Tiger!

On the international front, I'll take a little four ball my fellow short knocker Stretch, taking on Fourputt (given his current residence) and EJ.

Maybe one last option too.......Erik, Mike, and James, just to show them that there are golf swings that really ARE beyond help.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Forgot about Colin. I'd like to play with him as well as I think we "get" each other - in a platonic, manly way. :-P Really the choices abound, there are so many of you I'd enjoy playing a round with. It might be easier to list the pricks I don't wanna play with but that would be mean, some of them don't even know they're pricks. :whistle: I'll also play with anyone that has dime-sized brown spots (on their clubs) because that would be something to behold.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Originally Posted by Beachcomber

Sorry Spyder. I'd pick you to be in my foursome, but would walk off crying during the middle of the round as we reminisced about the good old days. I still remember crying when Ernest Byner fumbled. Lol

LOL

That's why I had you on the other side of the scramble in my first post. There's no way in hell I could finish a round playing with 2 other Browns fans while golfing. Especially if you guys drink too, because I'd be crying like my dog died by the 3rd hole!

On a side note, I did my best to limit myself to 3, but ended up with 5. There's plenty more of you guys I would love to play with obviously, to be honest... just about everyone who has posted in here so far. I know I can come across a bit like 'Shorty' at times, but most of the time I do it while laughing... I promise

• Upvote 1

Note: This thread is 3943 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!