IGNORED

kicked out of golf club

golfboy12
Note: This thread is 3928 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by Slice of Life

A 12 year old throwing golf clubs at a private club and accusing people of "hiding behind etiquette" because they were afraid he was better than them, is a brat. Period. That is not opinion, that is fact.

You have to keep in mind that not all 12 year olds (likely the minority of them, actually) are capable of rational, logical thought.  Even many adults aren't, actually, but I digress.  Also, in Shorty's defense, it should be noted that the kid didn't admit to being 12 until his last post.

Where is my pat on the back for taking the (now popular) viewpoint when it was still unpopular?  I deserve a cookie or something.

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Originally Posted by Ernest Jones

Have you considered getting some wolves?

Tried wolves....I made the mistake of teaching him how to shoot when he was six....with 7 years of shooting experience under his belt, he took care of those wolves mighty quick.

R7

Edge 3-SW with Apex4 Steel shafts

Burner 2.0 AW

Putter

Street Shoes

Glove

Originally Posted by Ernest Jones

Have you considered getting some wolves?

Fantastic subtle humor. lol

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
Originally Posted by mvarley84

I've been commenting since the start of this thread, full of constructive criticism for the kid...go back a few pages and have a read. No need to repeat it, the kid can't even read it anymore (PB).

To be clear, people in the Penalty Box can still read everything, they just can't post.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Originally Posted by iacas

To be clear, people in the Penalty Box can still read everything, they just can't post.

Oh good to know, thanks.

R7

Edge 3-SW with Apex4 Steel shafts

Burner 2.0 AW

Putter

Street Shoes

Glove

Originally Posted by Shorty

At 12 I was three years short of becoming a club thrower and am shamed to this day to even think of it.

To be looked at askance by a member of my club ONCE stopped me in my tracks and the thought that a new player wouldn't be the same is very sad.

I certainly don't remember being defended by adults for threatening legal action when I was put in my place.

12 year old are by their very nature immature. They have to be. They don't have to remain so and they should be capable reflection, even in an immediate and reactionary way in the face of criticism. This hasn't happened here. This child isn't even shocked at the the way other golfers perceive him. He thinks they have a problem and would like them to conform to his view of his own behavior. This should be a great opportunity for him if he has the sense to recognize it.

I would  think that as the older you get, the more faux paux a club throw would be.  Since a 12 year old is immature by nature, then you can't hold it against him.  Why should I or anyone care what another golfer thinks of them.

When I was 16 I had a poor putting hole and I took a huge gash out of the green with my putter.  I went and told the club house manager and then had a long talk with the greens keeping manager.  To this day everyone at that club pretty much knows me by first name.  Things do improve.

Trust me, I was more frightened to talk to a course employee than I would be of some poster on a web forum.  The kid had a meeting with the club, if that isn't enough to scare the shit out of him, then your long banters won't do anything.

Originally Posted by mvarley84

It amazes me how many people on here obviously don't have kids, or are so ancient that they don't remember their children's childhood let alone their own. The kid is 12, he is a little emotional about possibly getting kicked out of his club...Does he have a bad attitude? Of course, no one is debating that or downgrading it. All I am saying is that there are far more constructive ways to 1) Keep the kids confidence in one piece, 2) TEACH him a thing or two about golf etiquette...Obviously the senior members at his club have let this kid fall through the cracks.

12 year old kids are very mouldable...they learn quick, and it becomes instinctual with little correction. The same cannot be said for the crusty farts on here who are ready to belittle the kid and chuck him to the wolves for his crimes against golf.

I agree with this.  I recently played a 9-hole round with my daughter, who is still in elementary school, and several relatives, who are a childless couple.  My daughter was not playing well, was making some easily correctable mistakes, and the relatives started hitting her with suggestions that she took as criticisms, causing her to get very upset.  The relatives got very impatient with my daughter, completely forgetting that a) she is more than a decade away from being an adult; b) they expect everyone else to be altogether patient with them; and c) they themselves become very touchy about anyone pointing out obvious problems with their own games.  Standards for raising children have changed a lot in the past 30-40 years, too.  The autocratic adult stating "Children should be seen but not heard" doesn't fly with most parents these days and doesn't fly with me.  I allow my daughter to speak her mind, even to an extent that would have been unacceptable to my parents when I was growing up.  I do not allow her to be rude or turn opinion-spouting into obstruction, however.

Maybe this 12 year-old kid isn't that bad and is dealing with some cranky, intolerant oldsters and didn't have the maturity and temperament to deal with them properly.  Or maybe he really does have an out-of-control antagonistic personality and should have had his membership in the club terminated long before - none of us have sufficient information to make that decision.  And yes, I have read the whole thread.  The kid got defensive in response to criticism here, but claimed he was joking and maybe he was.  Aside from that one comment, he's said nothing else that could reasonably lead one to believe that he's an awful person instead of just a kid with a temper who gets upset when he makes a bad shot. Slice of Life stated "It started off civil until the kid kept on with his entitled attitude and blamed everyone else for his issues"  That's not accurate - he didn't "keep on" showing an entitled attitude - he made a single frustrated comment that he later explained was a joke.  He then complained, several times, that adults here were picking on him.   He said he apologized, he wrote a letter of apology, and he wishes this were all in the past.  I don't see a problem with these actions.  I don't see how anyone could find fault with someone wishing to put a negative experience in the past.  I have no way of looking inside this kid's head and determining whether his apologies were sincere or not, but apparently there are several people on this thread who do think themselves that omniscient.

The problem is that several people in this thread have made assumptions without adequate information and have become very antagonistic without adequate provocation (assuming that there is such a thing when dealing with a 12 year-old child).  It almost seems that some individuals on this thread are transferring their frustrations with someone from their own lives to the OP.  Calling someone a brat is name-calling, whereas stating the OP is immature is descriptive.  Same thing as "some people on this thread are jumping to conclusions" vs. "there are some jumping-to-conclusions &^%$$!s on this thread."  The bottom line is that the adults on this thread should not be calling a 12 year-old boy "ignorant," "vile and despicable" and a "brat" - it's almost comical how lacking in appropriate self-control some people are, yet they are slamming the OP for his conduct.  It would be comical except that there maybe be a real 12 year old child at the receiving end of this excessive hostility.

One question I've got is where the heck were Golfboy12's parents during all of this?  I categorically would deny someone private access to interrogate and berate my child - I damn well would be sitting in on the meeting with the club official so I would know first-hand what the accusations were, how my child responded, and to make sure that the meeting was fair and appropriate for a child of that age.  If the club did not notify the parents of the meeting, that is simply wrong - a 12 year-old does not have the legal capacity to sign a binding contract to join a club without parental/guardian authorization and I would think the club should have involved the parents if they were contemplating revoking the child's membership.  If the complaints were even slightly justified, I would have written my own letter of apology to the club detailing steps I would be taking with my child to cure the problem and turn his behavior on the course into a non-issue.

I wonder what the odds are that Shorty got bored and created an alter ego here with the member name Golfboy12?

• Upvote 1

In my bag: - Ping G20 driver, 10.5 deg. S flex - Ping G20 3W, 15 deg., S flex - Nickent 4dx 3H, 4H - Nike Slingshot 4-PW - Adams Tom Watson 52 deg. GW - Vokey 58 deg. SW -Ping Half Wack-E putter

If OP is really 12 (he isn't), I will take the heat off of him and share a golf-related anecdote from my 12 year old life.

A friend of mine shit into a golf hole while people were teeing up far far away around the corner.  We all watched as they holed out and it was funny.  We were 12.  We were retarded.  They were 30.  They were mad.  Such is the cycle of life, Simba.

There, now everyone can flame me instead of the "12 year old".  And act like you didn't do anything retarded when you were 12.

PS OP great troll - next up, make a thread about carrying 300 with a 129mph S/S but this time pretend to be in high school.

Originally Posted by Wisguy

I wonder what the odds are that Shorty got bored and created an alter ego here with the member name Golfboy12?

Hahahaha that would be a great scenario. And an A+ troll job.

Ryan M

Originally Posted by TJBam

If OP is really 12 (he isn't), I will take the heat off of him and share a golf-related anecdote from my 12 year old life.

A friend of mine shit into a golf hole while people were teeing up far far away around the corner.  We all watched as they holed out and it was funny.  We were 12.  We were retarded.  They were 30.  They were mad.  Such is the cycle of life, Simba.

There, now everyone can flame me instead of the "12 year old".  And act like you didn't do anything retarded when you were 12.

PS OP great troll - next up, make a thread about carrying 300 with a 129mph S/S but this time pretend to be in high school.

LOL

Holy crap...I'm dying laughing. That's terrible, and just disgusting, and if it was me who reached into there, I'd be beyond pissed...but my God, reading it....that's hilarious.

Ryan M

LOL.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Did he at least wipe his ass with the flag??

I agree though....no way that poster is 12.  I think he hooked lots of people here.  The entire story doesn't even make sense.  He wouldn't get the call, his parents would.  He won't be kicked out, his parents would with him on their coat tails.

Love the story.  And I share the skepticism about the age.  Particularly when he says he expects more from adults.

Not that this changes how he should be treated, or Erik's actions.  While skeptical, better to play it safe.

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

Originally Posted by flintcreek6412

Did he at least wipe his ass with the flag??

I agree though....no way that poster is 12.  I think he hooked lots of people here.  The entire story doesn't even make sense.  He wouldn't get the call, his parents would.  He won't be kicked out, his parents would with him on their coat tails.

This is no ordinary 12 year old.  This is a pic from his condo:

• Upvote 1

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Hahahaha that would be a great scenario. And an A+ troll job.

There is about as much chance of that happening as me wiping my backside with what's on the end of a pin at Merion. (read up a few posts if you are scratching your head) Just thought of something. They do look like pins, don't they? I wonder if Merion is where they started calling them pins.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Note: This thread is 3928 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!