Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
golfboy12

laws on being kicked out of a golf club

Note: This thread is 2123 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

43 posts / 7399 viewsLast Reply

Recommended Posts

Want to hide this ad? Register for free today!

Originally Posted by golfboy12

does anyone know what legal action , if any that can be taken out on a private golf club if the terminate your membership with know disaplinary process

Please invest in a dictionary!

If you have been removed from a golf club it is because they have decided that they are better off without you.

You have made it abundantly clear that the directors of this club have a little more respect for their place than you have for them.

Aren't they "rubbish"? Aren't they "hiding behind etiquette?"

You are a vile and despicable blight on the game of golf and a disgarce to your generation.

The fact that you cannot write beyond the level that would be expected of a ten year old should be the issue you are focusing on.

Go and bankrupt your parents in court if that's what it would take for you to learn a lesson you clearly don't like.

Do you seriously want to continue playing at a place where you aren't wanted?

Go and exhibit your majestic game of golf elsewhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i have dyslexia , this is a place to ask questions not to be attacked for spelling problems or views on my personality i would like it ifyou would leave me alone as this is no the first time you have been insulting towards me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Originally Posted by golfboy12

i would like it ifyou would leave me alone as this is no the first time you have been insulting towards me

And it won't be the last until you take your whingeing elsewhere. Don't come on her acting all hurt when you've shown yourself to be an arrogant and rude pratt. As I wrote previously, you were warned every time someone looked in your direction after you disgraced yourself on the golf course.

Why is it OK for you to insult the members of your club?

Why is it OK for you to then enquire about how best to take legal action against them?

Get used to this kind of treatment. You'll have a lifetime of it if you don't like it, and not just from anonymous people across the seas behind computer monitors.

I'd love to see a transcript of your attacks on the membership dragged out in court to support your case.

I suppose the judge would be "rubbish" if he mentioned your (frankly) shocking lack of manners and arrogance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Originally Posted by justasgood

I believe it is spelled "whining"

I could be rong

I had to look it up, but "whinge" is apparently a British form of the word "whine".  Don't know why they made it different.  In the good old USA it's "whine".  I like "whine" better.  The word itself sounds "whiny".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Every private club has their own rules and contracts.  Your club has likely consulted their legal counsel and feels confident they are within their legal right to terminate your membership based on your actions at the club.  Most clubs have contracts which include clauses that give them the right to terminate your membership for numerous causes.  Your only likely recourse would be to request a pro-rated refund of any pre-paid membership fees.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I like having Shorty back. I don't have to bite and jump on these guys anymore all of the time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A+ thread, would read again!

Laws? You violated your membership by acting like four year old, so they cancelled it. I believe it's Karmic law.

Learn a lesson from this. You're entitled to nothing, you have to earn everything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Slice of Life

A+ thread, would read again!

Laws? You violated your membership by acting like four year old, so they cancelled it. I believe it's Karmic law.

Learn a lesson from this. You're entitled to nothing, you have to earn everything.

Captain Keith of the Wizard used that line this week on Deadliest Catch when his greenhorn attacked Freddie. The kid was lucky Freddie didn't snap him in half..

Not to get off topic on this pointless thread or anything... lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hello i am sorry if my poor spelling on this and my other thread has offended anyone but would you please leave the criticism to one side i have come here to ask questions not to be insulted thank you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Originally Posted by Spyder

Captain Keith of the Wizard used that line this week on Deadliest Catch when his greenhorn attacked Freddie. The kid was lucky Freddie didn't snap him in half..

Not to get off topic on this pointless thread or anything... lol

Ha, never seen the show!

BTW, enough with the and back to the very important matter at hand...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by golfboy12

hello i am sorry if my poor spelling on this and my other thread has offended anyone but would you please leave the criticism to one side i have come here to ask questions not to be insulted thank you

I answered your question already. You have no moral or legal standing. They kicked you out, you deserved it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by golfboy12

hello i am sorry if my poor spelling on this and my other thread has offended anyone but would you please leave the criticism to one side i have come here to ask questions not to be insulted thank you

Sure you can take legal action, but what do you gain by doing so? Even if you were to obtain a court order that you were to remain a member (99.9% sure that wouldn't happen), what kind of experience do you think you would have at the club? You would always be "that kid that sued the club because he got kicked out". I suggest that you 1) grow up and make a change to your behavior and 2) find a new club.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

So presumably the committee didn't accept your letter of apology and you've now been officially kicked?

This raises an interesting question about the fine line between encouraging younger members and enforcing standards. Most clubs are bending over backwards to bring in juniors and I know that mine would require some heavy provocation to actually remove a 12 year old entirely. I can only imagine that you must have been acting in a very petulant manner for things to have gone this far.

I'm sorry for you kid, but it sounds like you're not ready for membership yet. If you're already as good a player as you say you are then start working on your attitude and maturity and I'm sure they will take you back in a few years. For the love of all that's holy don't attempt legal action because you won't win and the club will blacklist you for the rest of your life.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a private club so they have the right, after a vote of the BoD or membership, to kick people out.  In your case, since you're a junior, it might just be a decision by the BoD.  The bylaws of the club would detail the procedure for how a member would be revoked of his/her membership.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 2123 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  



  • Want to join this community?

    We'd love to have you!

    Sign Up
  • 2018 TST Partners

    PING Golf
    FlightScope Mevo
    More to come…
  • Posts

    • Who faced the tougher competition?   My analysis covers the 20 Masters Tournaments Woods has played in as a pro (1997 – 2019), and the first 21 Masters Tournament Nicklaus participated (1960 – 1982).   The Masters Tournament was chosen because the Masters is the only event played on the same course—Augusta National—each year.   I have one underlying assumption with regards to Tournament scoring. Golfing technology and equipment have steadily advanced. However, after researching the USGA opinions and the course overhauls that occurred in response to the technological advancements, I believe course designers have done a job preserving the emphasis on the player skill.    My assumption is that the efforts by executive committees to create more challenging courses has offset the permitted use of more advanced equipment. As a result I feel confident that the Tournament scores from the Nicklaus period in the sample (1960-1982) can be compared to the Masters leaderboards from the Woods period (1997-2019) within the margin of error of any statistical adjustment.      I merged the field from Woods’ first Tournament in ’97 with the field in Nicklaus’ first Tournament in ’60, maintaining the cut line at the top 50 qualifiers. I simply repeated this process through the 2019 and the 1982 Masters Tournaments.   In this period that I assessed, Woods did not participate in three tournaments ’14, ’16, and ‘17. Nicklaus did not participate in one tournament in ’67. Although the Masters Tournaments in ’61, ’73, 2003-2007 were played in poor weather conditions, after reviewing the cut lines, only ’03 and ’05 seem to be significantly affected by weather. A slight adjustment was made to players scores to normalize the scores.    After taking measure among the qualifiers during the merged tournaments displayed in the link, I found that the level of difficulty increased in the Woods’ era 28.1%.   ·     68% of the top 50 lowest qualifying scores are from the Woods’ era See 2ndsheet in link, labelled “top 50”   Additional Findings:   -      After merging the best of the two periods, Woods finishes with an estimated 4 green jackets and Nicklaus finishes with 2. -      If Woods competed in the Nicklaus period, Woods would have an estimated 9 green jackets. If Nicklaus competed in the Woods era, Nicklaus would have an estimated 5 green jackets. *Note: Nicklaus finished his career playing in 15 additional Masters Tournaments beginning in 1983. Woods is still active as of 2019. -      Woods finishes the 23 Tournament sample 106 below par. Nicklaus finishes the 23 Tournament sample 75 below par. Missing the hypothetical cut = +10 towards Masters career score.    Woods vs. Nicklaus  
    • A buddy of mine gave me a Bobby Jones 460cc black driver today and I played absolutely great with it! Highlight of today's round, however, was a beautiful 3 wood onto a par 3 that landed about 7-8 feet from the hole. There must have been a closest to the pin challenge earlier in the morning, because a marker was out there. My shot would have won it today had I been there to play in it 🙂 Overall, really solid round. Still some inconsistencies with iron play, but it's getting the better (the last three holes were really good with my 6, 7, 8, and W). 
    • Who knows. Maybe not happy that Nick reported the 2017 Champions Dinner story in the media. Tiger might have said things in that room that he expected the other Champions to keep to themselves instead of spouting to the media about it.
    • Not sure if it counts, but: Scrambled with some great guys today (foursome). We played an absolutely beautiful course. Shot a 73. 
    • You do realize my response was to “Diece”? But addressing your post, glad you are improving. However, even at 59, I usually play at 6700+ yards. On a mini tour, you will be at 7200 minimum, and expected to be under par, at least if you plan to play for a living. either way, golf should never define you. And making boast about a difficult game is a recipe for disappointment. But like most of the folks on this site, we will be ok if proven wrong. Will you be ok if we are proven right?
  • TST Blog Entries

  • Blog Entries

  • Today's Birthdays

    1. Stillhacken
      Stillhacken
      (47 years old)

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...