IGNORED

Schwartzel loses his cool --->

inthehole
Note: This thread is 3932 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by TJBam

Once a prayer is given on a club and the prayer not granted, though shall break thy club in hopes of pleasing Me and renewing thy prayer connection to the course and the other 13 clubs.

-Psalms 18:72

^^ LOL

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Originally Posted by TJBam

Once a prayer is given on a club and the prayer not granted, though shall break thy club in hopes of pleasing Me and renewing thy prayer connection to the course and the other 13 clubs.

-Psalms 18:72

Preach it, brother!

Tyler Martin

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I am impressed how shorty managed to turn this thread into a religious one.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

Originally Posted by cipher

It's what he's good at ;-)

• Administrator

For the record players and caddies were standing to his back right and the caddie retrieved the head portion of his club after what seemed like just a few steps.  This was very close to being a serious issue.

Watch the video, when it pans out and shows the sky view of Charl walking you can see how close everyone was standing to him.

a) They were already walking while the ball was in the air. A good four or five seconds there until it was back to the player and the caddie.

b) Even then, the caddie takes a full NINE steps.

I rate the danger of that as being very, very low. Still stupid, but very low danger. No, I don't think it was "close to being a serious issue."

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

For the record players and caddies were standing to his back right and the caddie retrieved the head portion of his club after what seemed like just a few steps.  This was very close to being a serious issue.

Watch the video, when it pans out and shows the sky view of Charl walking you can see how close everyone was standing to him.

Originally Posted by iacas

a) They were already walking while the ball was in the air. A good four or five seconds there until it was back to the player and the caddie.

b) Even then, the caddie takes a full NINE steps.

I rate the danger of that as being very, very low. Still stupid, but very low danger. No, I don't think it was "close to being a serious issue."

Excuse me for going all Zapruder on this thing, but, hey, what else I gotta do at 4:50 on a Friday?  I agree with Erik here.  If you first watch from 0:51 to 0:59 you can see that Charl walks forward 9 steps (6 or 7 yards is my guess) to pick up the handle.  Then go back and notice the 0:21-0:28 segment (Charl already has the grip end in his hand) and you see him and his caddy take 10 steps forward to the clubhead half.  Nevermind the walking done between those two points.  That clubhead was at least 10, maybe 20 yards out in front of them.  (Not directly to the right as the telephoto lens tricked you into thinking)

That said, it was still stupid and I'm sure he wishes he could take it back.  But it wasn't "close" to being a serious issue.

And, yes, I agree with you, TJ, that if it were Tiger, he'd be getting charred.

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

And, yes, I agree with you, TJ, that if it were Tiger, he'd be getting charred.

I wonder if a different broadcasting crew would have reacted differently.  If Tiger would have done this around a couple other guys I can think of, they would have said "Tiger promised he would change!"

However, during today's broadcast, while Charl was finishing up his round, they made it a point to mention that since the club toss, he's only had one bogie, like 5 birdies and a lot of pars.  Then they jokingly reacted to that bit of info with, "sometimes you just gotta let it out!" and had a laugh about it.

I don't mind that much, but it just comes off as hypocritical.

I do not remember exactly when it was, but several years ago, I witnessed a guy toss his entire bag into the pond at 18 at Torrey Pines.  His cohorts laughed, one went in the pond and retrieved the bag and clubs and presented it to the disgruntled player who proceeded to very politely thank him and then casually, threw the whole works back into the pond.  I don't know what ramifications (if any) transpired after that as I was on my way out to the parking lot.  I've never done anything like that, but I will admit to bending an iron around a tree ...once!

"James"

:titleist: 913 D3 with Aldila RIP Phenom 60 4,2 Regular Shaft,  :touredge: Exotics XCG-7 Beta 3W with Matrix Red Tie Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX8 19 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3 Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX9 28 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3  shaft, / Bobby Jones Black 22 deg Hybrid:touredge: Exotics EXi 6 -PW  w UST Mamiya Recoil F2 Shaft, SW (56),GW (52),LW (60):touredge:  TGS),/ ODDYSEE Metal-X #7 customized putter (400G, cut down Mid Belly)

Very well could have snapped a tad differently and launched 10 yards to his back right instead.  Or right back at him.  He is a goddamn fool.  There were people standing within 10-15 yards and it could've hurt someone.  It was very dangerous in my opinion and I wouldn't have any of it.

And yes I think it is a very serious safety issue, but we can agree to disagree.  I'd stop playing with someone who did that immediately.  Others might not feel that way and that's okay.  Agree to disagree, I'll be the baby on this one and call foul on Charl and call it a very dangerous move that warrants a DQ.

Not since i quit my religious ways, 40 years ago,  have i gotten angry at inanimate objects. Surely Schwarzel will be heavily fined by the authorities, not that he cares or will even admit the fine. And this entire episode only goes to show what pieces of shite those Nike clubs truly are. I play with rebar shafts so it would never happen to me!

Very well could have snapped a tad differently and launched 10 yards to his back right instead.  Or right back at him.  He is a goddamn fool.  There were people standing within 10-15 yards and it could've hurt someone.  It was very dangerous in my opinion and I wouldn't have any of it. And yes I think it is a very serious safety issue, but we can agree to disagree.  I'd stop playing with someone who did that immediately.  Others might not feel that way and that's okay.  Agree to disagree, I'll be the baby on this one and call foul on Charl and call it a very dangerous move that warrants a DQ.

Well now, let's not get all drama queen-ish. I wouldn't go around DQing a guy because he played without breakfast, was having a bad biorhythm day, or was upset at the course set up. It's a freaking Major and guys are going to get upset when they feel they are not playing to their potential. At least it shows passion, if not common sense.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

I think for sure it had potential to be dangerous and the behavior should be discouraged.  Actually throwing the club or launching it/projecting it away from the body is significantly different from slamming a club to the turf.  I'm sure he will be fined, and that should be that.

Originally Posted by cipher

It's Shorty ...

bait

not

taken

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

Originally Posted by inthehole

It's Shorty ...

bait

not

taken

Chicken!

LOL

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Someone once said that rage fuels the anger, which can be a downward spiral. I'm all for showing feelings on the course, but this is a bit over the top. Just like it was when Tiger did something similar with his driver a few years back, when it bounced into the crowds. They can get mad all they want, but to break equipment or damage the course is simply not cool.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

It's Shorty ... bait not taken

That is why I was just "impressed". :)

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

Note: This thread is 3932 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!