IGNORED

Forum Profile Handicap Indices....

David in FL
Note: This thread is 1188 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Oh well, I thought this was going to happen since I didn't get a chance to play this past Friday and post at least  a 9 hole score to keep it below 6, this should be the last revision for a while that I go up instead of down, a lot of my scores are real mediocre for scores used for index now so improvement should not be that hard to come by and the warmer weather is just a few more weeks away and I know I'll be putting up some low rounds then.

Rich C.

Driver Titleist 915 D3  9.5*
3 Wood TM RBZ stage 2 tour  14.5*
2 Hybrid Cobra baffler 17*
4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW
Wedges 54* and 58* Titleist vokey
Putter Scotty Cameron square back 2014
Ball Srixon Zstar optic yellow
bushnell V2 slope edition

Much easier to do when you roll it over in the fairway........

Yep, LCP almost every day in SFL. Since I hit 10/12 fways a round, I get to LCP all day long, it helps me hit 12/14 greens a round really tight. Then we make sure thos 6-18 foot birdies are on a pristine line to the hole. Its hard for me to find a few spots to add some shots on the card. I just hate carrying a plus around. Lol

• 2 weeks later...

I'm at 8.0 now, and will likely be higher very soon. Due to a busy first couple of months, I have only played 4 rounds in 2014 (sorry easterners, I  can hear you playing the world's smallest violin for me!) and none of them have been lower than an 11.6 differential. Just haven't had time to practice or play as much as I would like. The good news is that I will be playing 4-5 times in the next few weeks, so I should be able to shake some of the rust off, even if my index continues to climb.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Yep, LCP almost every day in SFL.

Since I hit 10/12 fways a round, I get to LCP all day long, it helps me hit 12/14 greens a round really tight. Then we make sure thos 6-18 foot birdies are on a pristine line to the hole.

Its hard for me to find a few spots to add some shots on the card. I just hate carrying a plus around.

Lol

You might want to try playing it down, How come the pro I play alongside who happens to be a +3.4 has no problem shooting 60's on a course with a slope of 139 but you and your pals think LCP is just the norm. Honestly though some years ago I did bump the ball in the fairway and did it when I didn't even get a better lie just a habit. One day just decided enough and what I noticed was no difference in score from what I could tell, I know you say mud on the ball is very common so I kinda lean with you a bit on that but just to move the ball everytime with nothing on it is not right.

Rich C.

4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW

My index hasn't changed all winter :-P

lol

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

First of the month and I went from 3.12 to 2.64 and it doesn't matter since we still play off round numbers here for the moment.

South Africa is in the middle of the process of fully adopting the USGA slope rating system and the re-rating of all our courses will take at least another year. By which time I'll be in the UK and under CONGU rules, which I don't even vaguely understand.

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Well this was a drop I fully expected, I expect a few more in the coming months but not quite as severe maybe 2-3 points. I'm feeling more comfortable in getting to low 5 and below it than before just because of the improvements I have made over the past couple months. I really hope I can continue the improvements I have already started and one day get to my golf goal of sub 3 index this year, I think it's very possible to reach this index at some time but quite another to stay there, but it would still be cool to see an index that close to 0 with my name on it wish me luck.

Rich C.

4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW

As I've said, it's just a number and the number is what it is, but........ :-( I've jumped 1.5 points in the last 30 days. My highest index in well over a year. I feel like I'm striking the ball ok, but just struggling to get it into the hole. 7 of my last 8 rounds have been 83's! :yucky: The only saving grace is that I'm playing as the guest in a member/guest tournament in a few weeks and my buddy is a lot happier with my hcp than I am. Of course, he's also benefitted financially by my poor play these last weeks too, so it's a real win/win for him!

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Mine just dropped to its lowest ever - 19.7

Down 1.4 since last revision and 4.8 since 12/15.

I just want to thank whoever came up with that crazy idea of aiming for the center of the green, my recent driver fitting and those f-ing bridgestone balls that I soooooooo wanted to hate.

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

Mine just dropped to its lowest ever - 19.7 Down 1.4 since last revision and 4.8 since 12/15. I just want to thank whoever came up with that crazy idea of aiming for the center of the green, my recent driver fitting and those f-ing bridgestone balls that I soooooooo wanted to hate.

Well done!! I finally stopped the bleeding of the ever rising cap. It went down for the first time in awhile ... From 8.9 to 8.4 :)

• 2 weeks later...

Moving on down 5.0. Had a bad last round but sometimes that happens. I'm back where I started at the new year and want to get 2.1 shots better before the end of this year namely 2.9 index I know 4.3 is doable since I was there last year so in reality I need to get 1.4 strokes better than my all time best. I'm going to be occupied with work a lot during the next 5-6 weeks but I'm hoping to start a little sideline that will allow me to have more control of my time. I need to start off my next block of free time with a few lessons if I'm going to get down to the number I'm after along with diligent/focused practice, I really am confident I can do this it's just I have to focus on the steps to get there and it will happen.

Rich C.

4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW

GHIN is closed for business until March 1st in these parts..........I've posted 2 rounds in 2014 and already gone from 1.7 to 2.2 on my first revision.  Keep in mind, I am posting scores after playing about 6 times in the past 4-5 months.

I peaked in the mid 5's  last year and I am curious if I can stop the bleeding sooner in 2014.  This is an annual thing for me.....start the year in the very low singles......peak at around 5.....then trend down to where I started to finish the year.

To the California and florida people...... You don't know how hard it is to take 4 months off from the game...LOL

What's in Paul's Bag:

GHIN is closed for business until March 1st in these parts..........I've posted 2 rounds in 2014 and already gone from 1.7 to 2.2 on my first revision.  Keep in mind, I am posting scores after playing about 6 times in the past 4-5 months. I peaked in the mid 5's  last year and I am curious if I can stop the bleeding sooner in 2014.  This is an annual thing for me.....start the year in the very low singles......peak at around 5.....then trend down to where I started to finish the year. To the California and florida people...... You don't know how hard it is to take 4 months off from the game...LOL

Have you seen my index lately? :~( I hear tennis is fun......

In David's bag....

Have you seen my index lately?

I hear tennis is fun......

What the hell?  Weren't you a 5 about five minutes ago?   Dave, you live in Florida where golf is year round.........what's going on?    Did you stop taking meds or something? ;-)

Believe me, I can relate....you know I went on a roller coaster ride last year.   The same ride is coming again.................I am sure.

What's in Paul's Bag:

Have you seen my index lately?

I hear tennis is fun......

I know the feeling. I made a lot of changes over the winter and I think/hope it will work out for the best in the long run but right now, in the few chances I've had to play, I can go from hitting the ball as well as I ever have to hitting the ball worse than I did the first time I ever picked up a golf club.

Shot an 83 yesterday on an easy course that I can usually shoot in the mid 70s with my eyes closed leaving most of my clubs at home.

(BTW that blew one of my "Goals for the Year" completely out of the water before the real golf season ever even got started). :surrender:

What the hell?  Weren't you a 5 about five minutes ago?   Dave, you live in Florida where golf is year round.........what's going on?    Did you stop taking meds or something?;-)   Believe me, I can relate....you know I went on a roller coaster ride last year.   The same ride is coming again.................I am sure.

Yeah, it'll turn, but it still gets in your head. Instead of thinking about how to make birdie, you start thinking about how to avoid bogey. That just doesn't work.... :no:

In David's bag....

• 3 weeks later...
Starting to work its way back down.......slowly, very slowly.

In David's bag....

Starting to work its way back down.......slowly, very slowly.

I have been noticing those scores starting to drop.  Nice work.

Nate

:tmade:(11.5) :touredge:(2H) MIURA MB-101(3-PW) :mizuno:(52/56/60)

:odyssey: :snell: 

Note: This thread is 1188 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!