IGNORED

My Swing (Abu3baid)

Abu3baid

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abu3baid

Of course I want to not only improve impact alignments but make good lasting changes as well.. I don't really know how bad key3 is for me right now, but all I can do is work on what Stephan asked me to work on right!

Yes obviously we want the changes to stick   I think James is doing your next Evolvr, curious to see what he has to say. I have an idea of where he might go but not going to say anything for now.

I'll take a guess:

1) move the ball more forward when using long clubs. Maybe closer to your left nipple or something. It's too far back and that can cause obvious issues with start line, curve, and trajectory.

2) Shorten the backswing. Excessive shoulder turn, excessive arm loading, excessive wrist hinge... all three lead to critical breakdowns later on, particularly key no.3 flat left wrist.

3) Arms need to release downward and gradually disconnect from the chest... because they don't, the left shoulder raises excessively. And because the arms are already overloaded because of your backswing, it makes doing this all the more difficult. A6 is all screwed up because of this (excessive right arm bend at this point in the swing, forcing the wrist angles to dump early).

BTW, Abu3: Don't listen to me. I'm just guessing what James will say, and in what order he'll say them. These are not tips. Repeat, these are not tips! :-D

Listen to James (and Mike...and Erik), not me. He's my teacher too. I just like to have fun and try to guess what these guys will say.

PS- Sorry if I wasn't supposed to even guess. After posting this, I realize why Mike is not giving tips here. It's out of respect for the student and James... sorry if I just pulled bad My Swing Thread etiquette.... that being said, chances are I'm wrong, so that alone may be good enough reason to not even guess :-D

Constantine

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'll take a guess:

1) move the ball more forward when using long clubs. Maybe closer to your left nipple or something. It's too far back and that can cause obvious issues with start line, curve, and trajectory.

2) Shorten the backswing. Excessive shoulder turn, excessive arm loading, excessive wrist hinge... all three lead to critical breakdowns later on, particularly key no.3 flat left wrist.

3) Arms need to release downward and gradually disconnect from the chest... because they don't, the left shoulder raises excessively. And because the arms are already overloaded because of your backswing, it makes doing this all the more difficult. A6 is all screwed up because of this (excessive right arm bend at this point in the swing, forcing the wrist angles to dump early).

BTW, Abu3: Don't listen to me. I'm just guessing what James will say, and in what order he'll say them. These are not tips. Repeat, these are not tips!

Listen to James (and Mike...and Erik), not me. He's my teacher too. I just like to have fun and try to guess what these guys will say.

PS- Sorry if I wasn't supposed to even guess. After posting this, I realize why Mike is not giving tips here. It's out of respect for the student and James... sorry if I just pulled bad My Swing Thread etiquette.... that being said, chances are I'm wrong, so that alone may be good enough reason to not even guess

LOL...don't sell your self short.. that sounds like very good analysis of what is happening.  The only thing you forgot is to add Stephan to the list of people I should listen to! :)

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

BTW, Abu3: Don't listen to me. I'm just guessing what James will say, and in what order he'll say them. These are not tips. Repeat, these are not tips!:-D Listen to James (and Mike...and Erik), not me. He's my teacher too. I just like to have fun and try to guess what these guys will say. PS- Sorry if I wasn't supposed to even guess. After posting this, I realize why Mike is not giving tips here. It's out of respect for the student and James... sorry if I just pulled bad My Swing Thread etiquette.... that being said, chances are I'm wrong, so that alone may be good enough reason to not even guess :-D

Have to say I laughed at this post, purely because I am the same :-D I like to have "a guess" to what is wrong or what should be looked at.... As if I don't have enough on my hands sorting out my own swing :-P Maybe Erik, Mike et al would consider setting up a separate thread where all us (clueless yet budding) "instructors" get a chance to humiliate ourselves buy giving feedback on random swings :-O The could call it "You really should learn to walk before you can run, but lets all laugh at you falling down as you attempt to compete in the Olympic 100m final" thread....or something a little more catchy :-P

@Abu3baid I think you're doing well. Remember, incremental improvement IS improvement. I'd also leave the camera at home when playing rounds and just let your ball flight be your barometer. Slow improvement through practice may take a while to manifest on course but it will. Practice at home/range and video and review blah, blah, blah, but on the course PLAY GOLF not golf swing. I also remember someone on the forum, don't remember who, saying that the score card is the LAST place that improvent shows up, so keep that in mind and soldier on.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

• Administrator

Maybe Erik, Mike et al would consider setting up a separate thread where all us (clueless yet budding) "instructors" get a chance to humiliate ourselves buy giving feedback on random swings

Remind me to do that. I have some videos y'all can look at… They're the videos we use when training instructors.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Remind me to do that. I have some videos y'all can look at… They're the videos we use when training instructors.

I'd like to see them too, and of course, make a wild guess re: the swings.. :-D

Wow, that would be great.

I'd like to see them too, and of course, make a wild guess re: the swings..

That would be fun! Maybe make a rule that posters have to put their "analysis" in a spoiler so the next poster can make his wild guess without seeing what the previous posters have said.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

• Administrator

Eyad, please stop editing your videos before submitting them to evolvr. Something that you're doing renders them difficult to work with, requiring conversion first. You seem to edit them to put the little + sign on the golf ball (at least). Just upload the raw footage. If you can trim it in the camera, that's fine.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Eyad, please stop editing your videos before submitting them to evolvr. Something that you're doing renders them difficult to work with, requiring conversion first. You seem to edit them to put the little + sign on the golf ball (at least). Just upload the raw footage. If you can trim it in the camera, that's fine.

Got it, will upload the raw footage from camera.. I usually trim it only comp and forgot the + when saving it.

Eyad

Most cameras can handle trimming the video with out uploading to the computer. If you have an LCD screen on the video camera you should be able to find the tools for that. It might be a bit tricky, but it is really easier than using a computer.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Most cameras can handle trimming the video with out uploading to the computer. If you have an LCD screen on the video camera you should be able to find the tools for that. It might be a bit tricky, but it is really easier than using a computer.

Thanks.. I actually just tried it and it is simple to do.. Perfect!

Eyad

lol, I watch the movies on a laptop, note the files to trim and the card back in the camera to trim, it's so d@mn easy.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

@mvmac I know I should never take other peoples drills an implement, but I read one of your posts in someone's my swing thread and you told him to get the hinge to A3 and then not hinge anymore to A4 and It just clicked in my head for some reason and I just tried it and it feels great... My question, is this something universal and many players do this? Because I can see that I continue hinging all the way to A4 and end up over swinging.. It feels much smoother to not continue my hung after I hit 90* at A3.. What do you think?

Eyad

@mvmac I know I should never take other peoples drills an implement, but I read one of your posts in someone's my swing thread and you told him to get the hinge to A3 and then not hinge anymore to A4 and It just clicked in my head for some reason and I just tried it and it feels great... My question, is this something universal and many players do this? Because I can see that I continue hinging all the way to A4 and end up over swinging.. It feels much smoother to not continue my hung after I hit 90* at A3.. What do you think?

I agree that at some point you'll need to feel "wider" with the right arm/shaft alignment on the backswing. Just texted a little with James and we both agree on what the next step is, I'll be doing your Evolvr soon.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Analysis is uploading now.

Here's the thread to take a look at. Make sure to do the drill :-) Let me know if you have any questions. Might not be able to answer them right away since I'm at an archery tournament for my son.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Analysis is uploading now. Here's the thread to take a look at. Make sure to do the drill :-)  Let me know if you have any questions. Might not be able to answer them right away since I'm at an archery tournament for my son. [CONTENTEMBED=/t/56069/good-golf-posture layout=inline]​[/CONTENTEMBED]

This might be the hardest thing I have tried.. I hope if I just continue to go in and out of my A1 position then it'll stick...

Eyad

I am in Khartom - Sudan for the next couple days, visiting one of our production plants here.

Do you think this will stop me from practicing??  you are right!  no it won't..

--------------

Working on just the take away with the new posture next to the very big full mirror.. now.. what I have noticed is that on the take away after I get 3/4 the way of my backswing my back shoulder just naturally goes flat.. However, when I hold the pressure point in my right arm pit and just feel the back shoulder go up I think I can maintain that shoulder turn till the end.

I'm just going to keep practicing this slowly with the new posture, and then hopefully when I get back to Riyadh in a few days I can see some improvement with a real swing!

Keeping it slow, simple, specific over here!!

Full Shoulder Turn with a new posture!

Eyad