IGNORED

My Swing (Abu3baid)

Abu3baid

[VIDEO]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=C14w3aonj5k[/VIDEO] [VIDEO]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XQJjYKL5Kfo[/VIDEO] I took some videos today and I think I was doing much better with my hinging and getting to 90* at A3 My angles were better on the downswing as well.. I don't think my grip is that much better.. Even though I feel like they are so closed at set up.. I just can't see much more of the back of my glove on my left hand as i think I should.. I think I am still over swinging... I need to remember, just stop at A3 and start transition..

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

Much better. You don't need to swing "less" than this (I might minimize head movement a little, but you also do a decent job getting it back, so it's a low priority if it even makes the list, to be honest) - but this is about 100% so swings that carry on longer than this are likely costing you speed and precision.

Good stuff. Work on Keys #2 (a little) and #3.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Do you think for an iron, is his stance a bit to wide? Maybe a slightly narrower stance will allow him to turn his hips and keep himself from sliding to the right in the backswing? The inside of his heel is just on the outside of his shoulder. I would think he would want that line under his armpit line. Going into his finish, his right leg is sliding towards his left leg a bit. Just looks like a compensation move for maintaining balance going into the finished pose.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

• Administrator

Do you think for an iron, is his stance a bit to wide? Maybe a slightly narrower stance will allow him to turn his hips and keep himself from sliding to the right in the backswing? The inside of his heel is just on the outside of his shoulder. I would think he would want that line under his armpit line. Going into his finish, his right leg is sliding towards his left leg a bit. Just looks like a compensation move for maintaining balance going into the finished pose.

Maybe, and because it's a simple thing, he could address it even though it's well down on the list of priorities. That's why I haven't mentioned it - it's within normal limits (at the edge) and well down on the priorities list. But it's just a few inches. I don't really mind that stance width. He needs it to support the lateral movement he has, and all things being equal, I'd rather see a guy whose head moves forward on the downswing than one whose head moves backwards, generally.

Of course, that's a bit of a chicken/egg thing. Perhaps with a narrower stance, he won't move his head around quite so much.

Sliding or dragging the right foot is a drill, too, so it's not a terrible thing.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I agree with you regarding the width of the stance.. I noticed it actually when @mvmac had my swing next to a pros swing.. I remember telling my self that and then swinging with the narrower stance, but then when I went to the range today I took the natural stance I usually take... Talk about not being able to break old habits.. The other thing I noticed is ball position.. For some reason I doubt that the ball should be that far ahead with a 7i.. It's like at the front foot lol, got to do something about it..

Eyad

I looked through your swings and its looking good!

One thing I did notice is your left wrist at impact is slightly cupped and looks like it is just slightly flippy. I had that issue and was hitting some fat and thin shots. If you can get it to be very flat even very slightly bowed at impact you will hit the ball further and a little lower as well. Once I addressed this with my own swing I got great results.

Good luck and keep it up!

• Administrator
I looked through your swings and its looking good!

One thing I did notice is your left wrist at impact is slightly cupped and looks like it is just slightly flippy. I had that issue and was hitting some fat and thin shots. If you can get it to be very flat even very slightly bowed at impact you will hit the ball further and a little lower as well. Once I addressed this with my own swing I got great results.

Good luck and keep it up!

Yes, that's Key #3. :-D

Good stuff. Work on Keys #2 (a little) and #3.

I wanted to put my Driver Swings from today for doc umentation.

Thanks @iacas.. appreciate it!

I think that with a narrower stance that will help me with keeping the head still a little more.. (I will try it out see how it feels)

I can't wait to start working on my next priority piece, but I need to keep ingraining a more correct turn and hinge to keep my head still!

Quote:

Originally Posted by saevel25 View Post

Ya, I think I saw a video about footwork of PGA pro's and basically it talked about how their feet don't just turn around on the toe, but rather slide slightly then turn and I do it now with out thinking.. I know from all of my videos I never get to the finish positions of the pros as I never get turned around enough, but I just hope I am not excessive in the "stutter" step right after impact!

Eyad

Wow, that looks great!  How were you hitting it?  How was the ball flight?

I'm going to do your next Evolvr as well.  Will film it tomorrow, do one where I talk/demonstrate in front of the camera.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Wow, that looks great!  How were you hitting it?  How was the ball flight? I'm going to do your next Evolvr as well.  Will film it tomorrow, do one where I talk/demonstrate in front of the camera.

Thanks @mvmac , I will be honest because that is the only way you can help me.. I practiced everything at home, then when I went to the range: I started with a pitching wedge and hit about 15 shots what felt like I was taking it easy and hit them all pretty darn good.. Probably 10 to 15 yards more than usual.. I hit just a couple what I would consider mini pulls, but in reality they were just shots to the left of where I wanted them to go.. Everything else was pretty much straight or slight slight push.. Then I went to my 8i and hit them all pretty straight with what seemd like a 5 yard push off the target ( maybe 6 shots) Then want to the driver and hit one prett bad push to the right, adjusted my grip a little and then proceeded to hit the rest pretty straight with a slight push.. Very little curve on the ball.. The distance was still there, I cleared the 250 hill a few times.. But I had a couple sky 180 and 200 yard shots.. I also had a couple mishits.. Finally I hit my 7i pretty well too.. However, then I went to play a couple holes before my wife starts to miss me at home with the three kids :-D First hole proceeded to push slice my 3w, took another and did the same.. SW was ok and got it on the green. My next was a PW I hit fat..took another and went straight but missed the green by 10 yards, then took a 9i and hit a slight push that went past the green :-D Finally the next hole I played my usual 3H and I hit a bad push, followed by a slight pull and followed by another push My only mishit was the fat shot really (I know I didn't get my weight forward because maybe I got lazy) Good contact though, but again no curving aside from the 3 push slice.. I hope this information helps. Much more free flowing swing though and it seems like a little more pop.. So thanks.. I look forward to the next step!

Eyad

Couldn't really get much done at work today... Thinking about how nice it will be to improve impact position and more! I know it's bad, but what to do!:-D

Eyad

Do you guys think I need to fix the camera angle from DTL? It looks like it might be slightly to the right or am I seeing things?

Eyad

Do you guys think I need to fix the camera angle from DTL? It looks like it might be slightly to the right or am I seeing things?

Yeah it is a bit to the right.  Nice work though.  You are in great hands.  I look forward to seeing your progress.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

Yes I would agree with that, check this out

http://thesandtrap.com/b/playing_tips/filming_your_swing

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Yes I would agree with that, check this out

http://thesandtrap.com/b/playing_tips/filming_your_swing

I have seen that thread, but there is just something there that I am missing.. Probably how I am aiming the camera maybe?

If I were to fix this issue, would you suggest that I move my camera to the right of where it is now, I thought that setting it perpendicular to the target was enough, but it seems like it was more towards me.. I guess I'll just try different movements slowly until I get it right!

Thanks

Eyad

I have seen that thread, but there is just something there that I am missing.. Probably how I am aiming the camera maybe?

If I were to fix this issue, would you suggest that I move my camera to the right of where it is now, I thought that setting it perpendicular to the target was enough, but it seems like it was more towards me.. I guess I'll just try different movements slowly until I get it right!

Thanks

Your camera is actually positioned too far right. The optimal position is right along your toe line. Everything looks like it's angled because of the camera's position.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Your camera is actually positioned too far right. The optimal position is right along your toe line. Everything looks like it's angled because of the camera's position.

This. Lay down an alignment stick along your toe line, then go back to your camera and set-it up so the alignment stick is centered in the camera and square to the view finder. Your camera position will be good for all clubs because your toe line shouldn't change.

• Upvote 1

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

This. Lay down an alignment stick along your toe line, then go back to your camera and set-it up so the alignment stick is centered in the camera and square to the view finder. Your camera position will be good for all clubs because your toe line shouldn't change.

I will try that my friend.. Thanks!

Eyad