IGNORED

Sharing my TOUR Aspirations

jjeon90
Note: This thread is 3839 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hi, my name is Jin Jeon. Like many that have had the opportunity to play competitive golf, I’m interested in pursuing a professional career . My story is a bit different and I’d like to share it with you.

Growing up, I played most sports but wasn’t interested in golf. I gravitated towards baseball and got good enough to play at a semi-professional level and get offered Division 1 scholarships. But eventually, reality caught up to me as my college coach told me I would sit my first year and it’d be an uphill climb to earn regular playing time at a mid to high level division 1 college . It was a hard pill to swallow and I contemplated transferring to other schools to have the opportunity to play but before I pulled that trigger, I was re-introduced to golf.

In the winter of 2010 and into the spring and summer of 2011, I started to gain an interest in the biomechanics and the psychology of the game (eventually I reached out to Geoff Jones aka “slicefixer” in 2012). All of a sudden, the passion and competitiveness I had for baseball transferred into golf. I wanted to compete and play in tournaments and I started to compete in local sanctioned events in the summer of 2012.

I graduated in 2013 with an Industrial Engineering degree, and more importantly (in my mind) full reign and time to commit to improving my golf game . Every facet of my game individually and in practice can, at the very least, match up to a professional golfer . I don’t mean a PGA Tour player , but I have played with eGolf, Hooters, Web.com , and PGA Professionals and have beaten them in stroke play. I have the game, desire, and focus to make it. But I understand that there are many, many others who feel the same way who hit it, chip it, and putt it better than I do. Despite that, I have confidence in myself to make an impact in this game.

My tournament results are nothing to write home about. The only wins I've registered are club championships. This year especially, I've been very disappointed in my results. I’ve been playing well but, not unlike the Dallas Cowboys , I find ways to make the game much more difficult than it is. I found ways to turn 68, 69 into 74, 75, 76. I’ve been able to “put it together” in practice rounds and rounds on my home course but haven’t yet been able to do it in tournament rounds. The bottom line is that I need more experience and tournaments under my belt. I've played this game seriously for three years now and have played in less than 20 tournaments.

I want an opportunity to develop and improve my game. I want to relocate to a southern state to be able to play year round and play in as many tournaments as I can. There are mini tours that have one or two-day events where I can quickly get accustomed to tournament golf and be able to play in 50+ tournaments a year.

Yes, it’s been a long story. I hope you’ve learned a little about me. The point of posting this here is to reach out to as many people as I can to find any interest in supporting me financially on my journey. If you are interested, please PM me and I will give you my email. I have a sponsorship proposal written and ready to distribute . As I said earlier, I am different than most that are going on this journey. I won’t and can’t be rash and say I'm destined to be on the PGA Tour and guarantee 10x payback. But I do have an Industrial Engineering degree from a reputable university and a means to pay you back if you decide to invest. Thank you for reading, please view the links below to see me on the range.

Driver DTL

Iron DTL

Iron FO

Driver FO

Please post your bank account number, full name, and address so we can get the funds to you. Then just kick back, practice, and play--we'll take care of the rest.

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

You've got a solid swing and I understand that people do this, but you're pushing your luck thinking a bunch of strangers online are going to give you money.  I've got buddies that play on those tours and they all receive financial support but it's from their fathers friends that they have actually played with or older guys that they play with on occasion that are members at their own courses.  I'd advise going down one of those routes, people are going to want to know you personally and play golf with you before supporting you financially.

And you should probably post videos where you're not wearing air force ones

Please post your bank account number, full name, and address so we can get the funds to you. Then just kick back, practice, and play--we'll take care of the rest.

Hahaha that's what I actually wanted to say

Isnt this considered Spam?

"The expert golfer has maximum time to make minimal compensations. The poorer player has minimal time to make maximum compensations." - And no, I'm not Mac. Please do not PM me about it. I just think he is a crazy MFer and we could all use a little more crazy sometimes.

I know a Nigerian Prince that has a ton of money and just needs your bank account number for the transfer.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Anybody want cover MY mortgage while I work on trying to consistently break 100? I've done it a few times but with your help I'm sure I could get down to low 90s.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

I feel like the last paragraph of the OP derailed any opportunity this thread had of being worthwhile.  I would encourage the OP to delete it and instead first seek swing feedback and tips/connections for career development.  It's a good lookin' swing to my untrained eye, but the request is a non-starter.

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

I feel like the last paragraph of the OP derailed any opportunity this thread had of being worthwhile.  I would encourage the OP to delete it and instead first seek swing feedback and tips/connections for career development.  It's a good lookin' swing to my untrained eye, but the request is a non-starter.

Not only that, but contribute in the forum. Post in threads, be helpful and active. Discuss, learn.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

LOL.    Money grabbing scheme spread to forums now?   I am surprised this has not been taken down by moderators yet.

BTW, I am an inspiring curling player and want to represent USA in future Olympics.   But those stones cost arm and a leg and I can't buy them b/c I have 7 adopted children I am trying to feed.   Can you help?   If you can, please send money to Red Cross.   Thanks for listening.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Jin, your odds of earning meaningful sponsorships through an internet forum are going to be pretty slim to begin with. But I can damn near guarantee you that they will be zero, if you don't at least pretend to care/contribute to the site that you are soliciting through. If my first introduction to someone involves them telling me why they need my money, you can be pretty sure that will be someone I have little to no interest in dealing with ever again.

• Administrator
LOL.    Money grabbing scheme spread to forums now?   I am surprised this has not been taken down by moderators yet.

It's too amusing.

BTW, I'm seeking funds to fuel my Olympic curling dreams. Please send donations now.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

It's too amusing. BTW, I'm seeking funds to fuel my Olympic curling dreams. Please send donations now.

Your feel for lag putting will serve you well in curling.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Your feel for lag putting will serve you well in curling.

Just make sure NOT to make those long putts. We're just trying to get them close.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Note: This thread is 3839 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!