IGNORED

The Films and Movies Thread

iacas

Star Trek 2: The Wrath of Khan (Eagle) is coming back to theaters early September. One of my favorite Star Trek movies. It is cold in spaaaaccee. From hell's heart I stab thee. Ship... out of danger?

star-trek-2-the-wrath-of-khan-40th-annir

Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan is returning to theaters to celebrate its 40th anniversary in [...]

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Hustle, the basketball film with Adam Sandler. Easy par, though not a movie you'd re-watch. I couldn't care less about basketball so I didn't recognize all of the basketball players in it, but it was a simple, decent movie.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Last night, to relax the night before today's match play round, I watched The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension.  I am sort of on a kick of watching movies I either saw when I was younger or should have seen at that time to see what I think of them today.  If I had seen it before, it would have been in the early 90s, and I had no recollection of the movie.  

Anyway, it was a lot better than I expected, and I'm giving this one a birdie.  

Not for nothing, it has a great cast, too:  Peter Weller, John Lithgow, Jeff Goldblum, Christopher Lloyd, Ronald Lacey, Vincent Schiavelli, Dan Hedaya, and Yakov Smirnoff.  

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

50 minutes ago, iacas said:

Hustle, the basketball film with Adam Sandler. Easy par, though not a movie you'd re-watch. I couldn't care less about basketball so I didn't recognize all of the basketball players in it, but it was a simple, decent movie.

I agree, just watched that today. I thought his character was too similar in a way with Uncut Gems. Just wholesome rather than so volatile if that makes sense.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

14 hours ago, Shindig said:

Last night, to relax the night before today's match play round, I watched The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension.  I am sort of on a kick of watching movies I either saw when I was younger or should have seen at that time to see what I think of them today.  If I had seen it before, it would have been in the early 90s, and I had no recollection of the movie.  

Anyway, it was a lot better than I expected, and I'm giving this one a birdie.  

Not for nothing, it has a great cast, too:  Peter Weller, John Lithgow, Jeff Goldblum, Christopher Lloyd, Ronald Lacey, Vincent Schiavelli, Dan Hedaya, and Yakov Smirnoff.  

Fun movie. So over the top.

Remember, wherever you go, there you are. Lol.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

The Fugitive, tap in eagle. 

I still really enjoy this movie. Tommy Lee Jones and Harrison Ford are great. I wish they did another movie together. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

• Administrator

Marry Me, with Jennifer Lopez and Owen Wilson. Free on Amazon Prime, 61% critic, 92% audience currently.

Solid par. Not a movie you'll watch twice, but solid, sweet, simple… It's entirely fake, of course, but suspension of disbelief applies to movies like this almost as much as Mission:Impossible type movies. Good background movie while doing some work.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Jlo is quite good in rom coms. Usually very likable. I agree with the above post. Saw it months ago on Peacock. 

:cobra: UL stand Bag
:ping: G425 Max
 :ping: hybrid G15 20 * 
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

:vokey:54*
:tmade: High Toe 58*

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport

:clicgear:

At the suggestion of some friends, last night I watched To All the Boys I've Loved Before.  Based on what I was told, I was expecting this to be more similar to Clueless or Mean Girls.  It wasn't, but it was a cute movie, well made, pretty much the expected beats.  It gets its par by hitting a good drive in play, a mid-iron to the middle of the green, cozying a putt up to tap-in range, and tapping in.   There are sequels, but I don't plan at the moment to watch them -- I enjoyed this one, but I'm definitely not in the target audience, other than it reminding me how glad I am that social media and prolific digital cameras weren't a thing when I was in high school. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

The Week Of. No idea what made me put it on. I have seen it before. For whatever reason this time I am laughing my ass off. Tap in par. Sandler is hysterical as the father of the bride. 

James Bond No Time to Die, Tap in Par. A pretty good Bond movie. I would say it was just too long of a movie. The other Craig bond films were around 140 minutes. This one was around 170 minutes. Just too long. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Finally watched Kimi, birdie, makes me want to catch up with all the recent Soderbergh I missed. It's a contemporary take on Rear Window, even the score, Cliff Martinez (Red Hot Chili Peppers) throwing in synthesizers in his ode to Bernard Herrmann. The movie is not entirely an indictment on virtual assistants, it goes both ways. Movies like this don't screen at theaters anymore, it's straight to streaming. One niggle, you'd think tech pros would figure a way around the assistant activation word, but hey, drama.

Rewatched Contact (25th anniversary), birdie, in a theater, 35mm, with all the grainy splotches. There are some unforgettable moments, the opening, the bathroom cabinet, the discovery, but the romance bit could have been cut. And the audience laughed whenever old clips of the President came on. Would like to watch George Miller's version.

Rewatched Star Trek The Wrath of Khan in a theater (40th anniversary), eagle. Probably the most liked Trek movie, and deservedly so. Captains quote Shakespeare at each other and tell us it is cold in space. Ricardo Montalban was shredding way back then when not many were. This is a Star Trek submarine movie and it is spectacular. Aft torpedoes, FIRE!

Steve

• Administrator

The 355, par. I mean… the plot was fine. Jessica Chastain is good. But… meh.

The Protégé, birdie. Maggie Q does a really great job. The back story is good. The current story is decent. I enjoyed it, and the Michael Keaton stuff was interesting. Cheesy, at times, but interesting.

Last night, I watched the Bob's Burgers Movie.  I really like the TV show.  The movie is a birdie;  it's a 90 minute, really good episode of the TV show effectively.  The plots fit together nicely and the music is great.  If you don't watch the TV show, I'm not sure how much you'd get out of the movie.  There are some great callbacks to popular episodes.  And if you don't watch the TV show, the random singing might confuse you (almost every episode of the TV show has at least one short original song).

-- Michael | My swing! 

Rewatched Inferno double bogey because I did the $1 Amazon Prime channels deal and signed up to a bunch of them. It's just terribly written and boring.

Steve

Thor. Love and Thunder. Sadly a bogey close to double for me. I just don’t see how any of this current phase fits with all the content. Huge fan of what they have done and maybe once it settles I may change my mind. Back to Thor. Did not like how they really made him an idiot this time around. Oh well. Disappointed. 

1 hour ago, jmanbooyaa said:

Thor. Love and Thunder. Sadly a bogey close to double for me. I just don’t see how any of this current phase fits with all the content. Huge fan of what they have done and maybe once it settles I may change my mind. Back to Thor. Did not like how they really made him an idiot this time around. Oh well. Disappointed. 

Totally agree. Hell the damn movie seemed like it was trying to be a ‘The Princess Bride’ themed show. And contrary to what some think, Thor was not goofy in the comics. 

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

15 yards penalty for piling on!   I have to completely agree with the Thor review.   I wasted my time.

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny